shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it a keeper? Half Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks terrific with your ering. Any larger and it would compete, but that''s just me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the way that set looks together, but I bet the slightly larger stones wouldn''t look so much different that it would detract from your e-ring, so really you can go either way.

Helpfull, eh?
9.gif

DD

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised nobody''s mentioned this yet but it looks like you have quite a lot going in with the side of your ering (carvings and surprise stones) and I''d be concerned that the shared prongs will carve into your ring along those areas. I seem to recall quite a few ladies recently who''ve been bummed out that their shared prong bands have eaten into their ering setting. Just something to consider perhaps?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thanks for all the responses!

I guess the consense is to keep it, but if I wanted I could get away with getting a teeny bit bigger. I have been wearing it all day (naughty) and I do love it, but at the same time if I wear it alone it''s very itty bitty, which is fine I like dainty things too. So yeah, I''m still unsure..

Thanks surfer girl for pointing that out about the shared prong digging in... I just couldn''t imagine anything else with it though..
23.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 10:30:42 AM
Author: debhew
I like it the way it is - what a gorgeous ring! It looks perfect as is!
1.gif
I agree too! Actually I saw it and thought it was beautiful and I love it with that ring, it says your married, but still lets the e-ring command attention. I would definatley keep it!!!!!!
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re still unsure go for the bigger one.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''d going to say go for the bigger one, too.

The one you have looks love, but I do see where your ring overpowers it a bit.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i probably shouldn''t vote, being that i myself have made my share of mix and match mistakes, but i''m going to give you my first impression upon seeing the pic- i was blown away by your e-ring, and distracted by the fact that your band seemed on a smaller scale. i would get the bigger band without question. it'' funny, if it were MY set i would be having problems figuring this out too, but when i see OTHER people''s, i can immediately form an opinion. weird.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i think you should go for the bigger one. this one looks to be a little "too" dainty. plus the extra point and half per stone is not going to be that much bigger, so i don''t think it''ll overpower it. i have 4 pointers in my wedding band and they seem very tiny, so i think you''ll be okay with your 4.5 pointers.

but of course go with whatever you feel is right.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Is your ring WG? If so, I''m not sure if you can still get the .50 in WG. They''re only listing platinum on their website now with the smallest being a 9 stone .47ct.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I would go for the larger one. This size looks a bit too small, IMO.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the bigger ring. They look out of balance right now.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to join the minority and say that even though I love the way that it looks with the smaller band, you could easily pull off the larger one and I don''t think it would compete with your e-ring..

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I think the band is a keeper!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I personally think the slightly bigger option.

the ring you have now is beautiful but it to me does seem to get a little lost

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also vote for the bigger one. Your current ring now is absolutely gorgeous but to me looks a little small with your ER. I think a tad bigger one would look great!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 9:24:17 PM
Author: jayrenay9
Is your ring WG? If so, I''m not sure if you can still get the .50 in WG. They''re only listing platinum on their website now with the smallest being a 9 stone .47ct.

Yes it''s 18k WG I just ordered right before they stopped listing WG??! SO this means I can''t get a larger one now? I will have to call them up on monday and see...

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 9:01:40 AM
Author: MustangFan

Yes it''s 18k WG I just ordered right before they stopped listing WG??! SO this means I can''t get a larger one now? I will have to call them up on monday and see...
I don''t know, it''ll be interesting to hear what they say. I hope you can still get it if that''s what you want.

Dh ordered mine right before they stopped listing WG too. I thought I had gotten the last one, but possibly it was you! LOL The good news is that this one looks great! Keep us posted.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you have had a lot of great responses and i see you are still considering but i thought i would go ahead and chime in anyway that i love how it looks now! i think the band has plenty of presence (it looks beautiful) but remains a compliment to your gorgeous ering. it mimicks the halo beautifully, IMO.

that said, i do see the point that the other size would probably maintain nice proportions with your ering as well but give you just a little ''more''. which is always nice!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
I love facets!!!! If it were me I might try the larger one- I''m saving up for one of those five stones!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2008 12:22:07 PM

Date: 3/1/2008 9:01:40 AM
Author: MustangFan

I don''t know, it''ll be interesting to hear what they say. I hope you can still get it if that''s what you want.

Dh ordered mine right before they stopped listing WG too. I thought I had gotten the last one, but possibly it was you! LOL The good news is that this one looks great! Keep us posted.
I''ll be another person interested in what they have to say. I wanted to order a nine stone in either the .75pt or .90pt size but I don''t want platinum. I e-mailed them and asked (for all of us who still want gold) last week, but I haven''t received a response yet. You would think that if they knew so many of us wanted gold, they''d add some gold mountings back into their selection..... Let''s see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results