shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it a keeper? Half Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
Just got my signed pieces .33ct 11 stone diamond ring yesterday. My mom thinks that I should return it and get a bigger half eternity band, since my ring over powers it. Do you think that .50ctw. would really make a difference in size? The whole idea though was to get a tiny band so it didn''t take away from my e-ring, but at the same time not be so minute that it gets lost either. Please give me you opinions!! Exchange for .50 or keep?

P1010341.JPG

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I love all the bling, but not sure still....

P1010355.JPG

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif

P1010347.JPG

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
last one

P1010351.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s just a matter of taste and what look you''re after.

I personally, think the band looks great with your ring! I think if it was any bigger it would compete with the melee. I think with a ring as large as your, you need a dainty band, but that''s just MY opinion.

I say keep it! It''s lovely!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/29/2008 9:41:43 AM
Author: metro
I think it's just a matter of taste and what look you're after.

I personally, think the band looks great with your ring! I think if it was any bigger it would compete with the melee. I think with a ring as large as your, you need a dainty band, but that's just MY opinion.

I say keep it! It's lovely!
I agree. Just my opinion, but I think if you went any bigger with the e-band, it might look a bit too busy. Your e-ring is stunning and can stand alone, or with the dainty band, so I would vote keep the one you have.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I really agree with everything Metro said. It looks lovely with your goregous ring.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/29/2008 9:46:50 AM
Author: Jenn5504
I really agree with everything Metro said. It looks lovely with your goregous ring.
ETA: and everything Lorelei said, we must have been posting at the same time.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I also agree. I think this band looks great with your ring!

debhew

Rough_Rock
I like it the way it is - what a gorgeous ring! It looks perfect as is!
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is, but I do NOT think .5 would overwhelm your ring, so if you''re leaning that way (and it''s just personal preference), then do it.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I agree, I think it looks very nice with the ering. Btw, I think we have some near-twin settings. My canary diamond ring has an antique setting that looks almost identical, except the main side stones are vintage cutovals instead of pears. Like it!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely! I say keep it!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great with your e-ring! I agree that bigger may be too much...you want the ring to compliment your e-ring, not compete with it.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooo they look gorgeous together!
I love the size with your stunning ering!

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
I thought they weren''t making .33 rings anymore?
33.gif
I''m jealous! Are they still making them?

I think that with your e-ring, you could go with .50 and it wouldn''t overpower it b/c your ering has such a big presence.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! My e-ring is wider than my w-band ... by about 2-3x right in the center, but then my e-ring tapers down. I really enjoy the difference in scale because my ering still pops ... as does yours! POPPITY POP!

ETA: its a comfort factor too ... if you go too much wider, that's a lot of width!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a keeper and it looks great with your e-ring! If you went bigger it would be a totally different, super blingy look. This would be fine too, but not as delicate looking. I happen to like it the way it is personally!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Very pretty. I''m actually looking for something like that.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i vote to....KEEP IT!!!! its very pretty and i think that it does stand out next to your beautiful engagement ring.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m always odd man out (or odd woman out as the case may be!) but I think you need a little more bling. I''d definitely go for the half carat. Realistically? The stones are not going to be that much larger, just a point and a half more each. You have a very substantial engagement ring and I think you need something more blingy to coordinate with it.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same band, I got it for Valentine''s Day!!
30.gif

I think you could go either way. I think the one you have looks great, but I also think a tad bigger would look fine too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Strangely, I have to add a dissenting opinion also - I wear a thinner band with a thicker setting and I do love the look (so, I think that your set looks gorgeous if you want to leave it that way!), but I think you could definitely pull off the .5 band with your setting and it would look absolutely lovely.
1.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Just for you to have a comparison I thought I would attach a pic of my ER with the .50 wedding band. It is a seven stone, so each stone is about 7 points. I am sure your sapphire is bigger than my centre stone, but you might be able to get a feel for what the two look like together. I also have a .25tcw half eternity which I sometimes wear in between the ER and the WB, just for fun.

both rings 1357.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really love the look of the thinner band with your stunning ering!

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic I found of when I wore all three together! Oops - it is really small, sorry about that. I tried to delete it, but it won't let me.

In any case, your ring is stunning and I think you should go with what you are comfortable with. When I had to make the choice, I went with the .50 because I knew there would be the odd occasion (like golfing) that I would probably not wear my ER and the .50 just showed up a bit more. But if you never plan on leaving the house again without your gorgeous rock on your hand, then do what feels best!

all three 2468.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i''m going to go against the trend and vote to go a little bit bigger. I don''t think a .50 band would compete or over power it at all. But the one you have looks fine too, it''s really up to you and what you want to look down and see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results