shape
carat
color
clarity

Is fishtail pave = common prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Speaking of eternity bands, is fishtail pave another term for melee that are set with common prongs?

If not, how is fishtail pave different from common prong setting?

What''s the diff in how the stones are set and how it ends up looking?

For example, from my eye, I find three sided pave the most "round" looking, whereas channel set I''d describe as looking more square-ish. How would one describe the "look" of fishtail vs. common prong?

Thanks

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Yup, its definately the fishtail/v-step that I absolutely love! Don''t like the look of the bead set pave so much.

So what would you call the Michael B settings? On the website its just called "pave" but doesn''t specify what type.

Anybody have a reference with photos comparing common prong to fishtail/vstep?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Based on what I read here, Michael B offers both v-step and bead set pave. You can choose.

puravida

Shiny_Rock
Took a look at the Tiffany Novo. While it may have a v-step/fishtail type band, it looks very different than other fishtail bands I''ve seen. Seems that from the side, you see a lot of metal on the band. Whereas the Michael B Princess setting seems more delicate. Also, Lynn B''s ring (as I''ve referred to on another thread recently) is fishtail but is more delicate looking:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

What type of pave is the Michael B Princess collection? (Just the single-sided band, not the three sided.)

http://www.michaelbjewelry.com/collection_princess_new.html

Thanks.

puravida

Shiny_Rock
So I settled it myself and contacted Michael B via email (they responded in, like 5 mins! wow!)....

Their Princess Collection is typically offered in v-step but bead set can be requested when ordering by asking for bands "without v step."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results