shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Blue Nile going out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello @blinginggirl,

At this time all vendors are still with us and have their diamonds listed.

I just did a search and found the following:

Thank you for your response. It’s really weird as I couldn’t find any of these before eventhough I maximised the search scope. I should had a screenshot but never mind. This is a bit relif to me. Thank you psadmin!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Glad I can put some relief at this time frame.

It is always possible there was a glitch during a database update or verification.

blinginggirl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Personally I don’t think BN will be going out from business. Not like other platforms, BN has its market in China. And so far, the cover-19 in China is now under control. I feel it’s positive for their business.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont like to be all doom and gloom but there isn't one company on earth that we can say for certain will be in business 1 year from now.
A bunch of tow truck companies in my area have already folded despite being considered essential.
The guy I always use who is a small owner operator says he has had 10-20% of the business that he had last year.
He said his house and his tow truck are paid for so he will be ok as long as he and his family can stay healthy but if he was making payments on his truck the current level would not support it and many are going to go under.
There is going to be a tow truck shortage on the other side of this in my area.

Chemists and GPs are going out of bussiness here because people are not going to the doctor for mild ailments and with us all in lockdown no one is going out and having accidents
if doctors and pharamists are going out of bussiness nothing i would have thought was a safe bet, is now a safe bet

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Things like this happen the entire time, considering the current economic situation.

Three year old thread.
BN was bought last year for about $200m by the company that owns JA.
Not going out of business.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Could PS start requiring that people who identify as Trade link to their businesses (anything - website, FB, IG, anything!) before being permitted to post?

The spammers and bots always identify as "trade" - whatever their form submission mechanisms are, they always end up checking that box. Could be a quick way to catch spam without imposing waiting periods or post count thresholds on new consumers.

Plus it helps general good hygeine - if folks claim to be trade and post here, I want to know what sort of #JewelleryThings they trade in before I can trust what they say.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@Garry H (Cut Nut) Could PS start requiring that people who identify as Trade link to their businesses (anything - website, FB, IG, anything!) before being permitted to post?

The spammers and bots always identify as "trade" - whatever their form submission mechanisms are, they always end up checking that box. Could be a quick way to catch spam without imposing waiting periods or post count thresholds on new consumers.

Plus it helps general good hygeine - if folks claim to be trade and post here, I want to know what sort of #JewelleryThings they trade in before I can trust what they say.

Hi Yssie, they are supposed to identify their business, but many do not, both legitimate and spammers. For every spammer who spams the forum, we have blocked at least 25 probably with our current techniques we use during registration to identify them. I then hand comb through all registrations that day to identify suspicious accounts and follow them, but they often spam while I am asleep and that can’t be helped sometime.

It just is not possible to find them all before they post, and many who do identify as trade do have legitimate jewelry businesses but use their account to spam the forum instead of following the trade policies. Even people who tell us they understand the trade policies. So there is a lot going on behind the scenes to prevent a lot of spam, and what you see is the small percentage that gets through.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yssie, they are supposed to identify their business, but many do not, both legitimate and spammers. For every spammer who spams the forum, we have blocked at least 25 probably with our current techniques we use during registration to identify them. I then hand comb through all registrations that day to identify suspicious accounts and follow them, but they often spam while I am asleep and that can’t be helped sometime.

It just is not possible to find them all before they post, and many who do identify as trade do have legitimate jewelry businesses but use their account to spam the forum instead of following the trade policies. Even people who tell us they understand the trade policies. So there is a lot going on behind the scenes to prevent a lot of spam, and what you see is the small percentage that gets through.

Thank you for everything that you do to keep our playground safe and happy Ella. And I understand that this is much more complicated than it may seem up front. ❤️

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
As a consumer, will this mean BN’s prices will increase the way JA’s have? From the bleachers it looks like the formation of another diamond conglomerate, this time in online form.

I purchased a lovely diamond from BGD only bc their prices were affordable. I loved that good diamonds were no longer reserved for the ultra wealthy, especially since I bought mine to celebrate my recovery from a heart attack. So I’d love for other single women to be able to treat and celebrate themselves, too.

Please understand I’m the average consumer, so any and all insights about the industry and the effects on pricing are appreciated.

Last edited:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey everyone, This is a difficult situation for the industry. I sympathize with the vendors who aren't getting paid by Blue Nile. It's been suggested that the company might have financial troubles, which makes me sad. I'm interested to hear what reliable info folks have out there. Has anyone experienced first-hand a lack of payment from Blue Nile? As a trade veteran, I'm curious about what's really going on. In any case, if you're a vendor affected by this, I recommend looking into https://www.successionresource.com. They provide resources like asset protection, estate planning, and succession strategies.

This is an old thread and Blue Nile are not going out of business.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Closing this thread since a spammer bumped it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results