shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone following the Chris Brown/Rihanna Case?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Even days later, I am still shocked.

As more details emerge, it sounds like he beat on her really really badly..on article I read claimed that she appeared to have "horns" and was coverned in bite marks, bruises, suffered a broken nose and split lip. That''s serious.

Chris Brown never, ever struck me as the type that would be violent, and of course I don''t "know/know" him...but even people that were involved closely with him said he "wasn''t the type..."

However, there have been rummblings that not only is done professionally since most the big producers watch over Rihanna like a little sister...but some of the more connected figures are "gunning" for him as well....

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You never know what goes on behind closed doors. I am refraining from judgment until I have heard the whole story.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
i saw something that he was arrested for assaulting her... but didnt know what happened... I would have never pictured it as well either... if that is what happened to her... WOW... poor girl... no one should have to go through that!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard anything...this is the first of it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Have they confirmed that she is the victim?

I''ve always wondered about their relationship because they were always seen together but they never really came out and said they were a couple. It just seemed strange to me that they would spend so much time skirting around the issue and yet she never left his side. I wonder now if she has been getting abused by him for a while...

So sad

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:49:27 AM
Author: fieryred33143

I''ve always wondered about their relationship because they were always seen together but they never really came out and said they were a couple. It just seemed strange to me that they would spend so much time skirting around the issue and yet she never left his side. I wonder now if she has been getting abused by him for a while...

So sad
Yes, it was confirmed that Rihanna is the victim.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/entertainment/NATLRihanna-Has-Horrific-Injuries.html

Here is a good article on it from a pretty solid news source.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:48:09 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
You never know what goes on behind closed doors. I am refraining from judgment until I have heard the whole story.
When the story first broke at the Grammy''s I was totally on the "refraining" bandwagon because it was shocking...but as the story continues to break with more and more details...like how Chris hired Mark Geragos (same attorney as Scott Peterson, Michael Jackson, ect...).

38.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock

So sad

I thought it was just another Beyonce/Jay-Z thing. They would never say that they were together, let alone when they got married.
20.gif
Celebs are weird.

That said, poor Rihanna. Even though I could pass on her music.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
domestic violence hits such a sore spot for me. i went through it, but never publically like Rhianna is. I feel so badly for her. Hopefully she is able to come to terms with the fact that this is not HER fault, its HIS.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:07:08 AM
Author: trillionaire

So sad

I thought it was just another Beyonce/Jay-Z thing. They would never say that they were together, let alone when they got married.
20.gif
Celebs are weird.

That said, poor Rihanna. Even though I could pass on her music.
I personally don''t care for Rihanna either...every time I see her "interesting" nails in a magazine, I throw up--they look like cat claws covered in rhinestones, and usually laquered hot pink, or blue or yellow polish...they gross me out. They look dirty. Ick, ick, ick.

...But...

No one should have that happen to them. Dometic violence is shameful.

However, the Jay-Z/Beyonce comment is interesting...because in the industry, Jay-Z is like her Papa Bear. He discovered her, mentored her, and is pretty much responsible for her success. She probably modeled her relationship with Brown after Jay & Beyonces relationship.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
shocking + sad.

on gma they said he''d been dropped from his wrigley''s contract.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:28:14 AM
Author: jcrow
shocking + sad.

I heard they suspended it...but that was yesterday. This case is developing quickly....

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:29:09 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Date: 2/10/2009 11:28:14 AM

Author: jcrow

shocking + sad.

I heard they suspended it...but that was yesterday. This case is developing quickly....

ah, i could be wrong. maybe it was just suspended.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 11:11:56 AM
Author: cbs102
domestic violence hits such a sore spot for me. i went through it, but never publically like Rhianna is. I feel so badly for her. Hopefully she is able to come to terms with the fact that this is not HER fault, its HIS.
Ditto, ditto, DITTO!!! CBS, I get where you''re coming from 100%. My heart really goes out to Rihanna, because I know what she''s going through, and it''s really horrible.
7.gif

I''ve been paying attention to this story in the media, and I''ve seen many, Many, MANY comments on the ''net where people are so shocked and surprised because Chris Brown just "never seemed like the type of person who would do something like this." The thing is, abusers seldom show their true colors to anyone other than their victim. They are MASTERS of manipulation and they are VERY good at keeping up appearances to the outside world.

Best wishes and lots of PS dust to Rihanna for a speedy recovery!!!
5.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I was totally shocked to read about this yesterday. I always viewed Chris Brown as one of the "good guys" in the hip hop/R&B world. I really thought his mother had done well at keeping him relatively grounded and out of trouble. I suppose when he turned 18 last year and was no longer legally under her care that stopped.

The gossip hound in me wants to know what made him fly off the handle like that but I feel sort of bad wanting to be so nosey in a situation where someone got truly hurt, emotionally and physically.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s just terrible. I feel awful that she will have to go through this so publicly. She will be asked about it for years to come, I am sure. I pray that she will recover quickly and find the resolve to move on.

I also find it incredibly sad that someone as talented as Chris Brown wasted that talent and probably ruined their career because he hit a woman. It''s disgusting to me and I have NO desire to listen to his music anymore.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i just hope the best for her.

as for him
38.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:49:12 AM
Author: Deelight
I haven''t heard anything...this is the first of it.

I just saw this morning. I''m shocked!!

The article I read was that they had a lot of ups and downs as a couple - they were lovey-dovey one minute and screaming at each other the next.. and that they were both "stubborn".
Not that anything could ever justify this type of violence...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:48:44 AM
Author: OUpeargirl

I also find it incredibly sad that someone as talented as Chris Brown wasted that talent and probably ruined their career because he hit a woman. It''s disgusting to me and I have NO desire to listen to his music anymore.
I feel the same way.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really sad! Eh, I don''t even know who Chris Brown is, though! Must be getting old. . .

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Oh my....I didn''t realize she had all those injuries.
7.gif
But when I heard in the intial report that she had gone to the hospital - I figured it had to have been a bad beating. That''s terrible!

It''s so true that abusers don''t show their true colours.....maybe he''s one of them. I never pictured him as ''that'' kind of guy, either.
15.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
CBS102 : I am very sorry you suffered domestic violence.
15.gif

+1

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:41:52 PM
Author: Steel
15.gif

+1
Steel-
thank you, but i am honestly not. as painful as it was to go through..as well as get over, i am proud of my scars and my broken collar bone. everytime i see that jutting bone i think about what i have survived...and i will NEVER let myself get involved in any sort of abusive relationship again.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just so sad. I hate that there are people like that in the world.
38.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:46:29 PM

15.gif

+1
Steel-
thank you, but i am honestly not. as painful as it was to go through..as well as get over, i am proud of my scars and my broken collar bone. everytime i see that jutting bone i think about what i have survived...and i will NEVER let myself get involved in any sort of abusive relationship again.
Good for you! I don''t know you but our posts have crossed from time to time and I am sure you are a wonderful woman. I do not believe that everything happens for a reason, but I know that we have an opportunity to learn and grow from all that we endure, if we take that opportunity. It sounds like you did. (Hugs from Steel - Just because).

Sorry to threadjack Italia.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:02:33 PM

Date: 2/10/2009 12:46:29 PM

15.gif

+1
Steel-
Good for you! I don''t know you but our posts have crossed from time to time and I am sure you are a wonderful woman. I do not believe that everything happens for a reason, but I know that we have an opportunity to learn and grow from all that we endure, if we take that opportunity. It sounds like you did. (Hugs from Steel - Just because).

Sorry to threadjack Italia.
and what a great hug it is! thanks Steel!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Didn''t he have a gum add or something? I wonder if it gets pulled in the midst of this wake.

My heart goes out to anyone who is a victim of domestic violence. CBS I am sorry you had to endure this.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. This is just so sad. This happens more frequently then we can imagine and it is never a good thing. I can''t imagine being physically abused and having it plastered all over tv and the news. I think it only makes it worse/ harder on her to have to relive it each time something pops up... just horrible. I feel so sorry that this happened.
7.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I know, right?
6.gif
Poor girl.
7.gif
Well, looks like I can cut one artist off my play-list for the wedding..pfft.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:09:33 PM
Author: tlh
Didn't he have a gum add or something? I wonder if it gets pulled in the midst of this wake.

My heart goes out to anyone who is a victim of domestic violence. CBS I am sorry you had to endure this.

Ditto and hugs to CBS. As for the gum ad, yep they used Forever in a Double Mint gum ad I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results