shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone cutting MMD half-moons/other "accent" shapes?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm contemplating designing a mixed-cut halo setting for a colored stone that would involve a couple carats of diamonds in interesting shapes (shapes TBD! But thinking step-cut half-moons, French cuts, baguettes, who knows!). Is anyone cutting peculiar shapes in smallish sizes? Just finding a source for half moons would make setting a handful of patiently-waiting colored stones a possibility!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are definitely some vendors I found in the 'List of MMD vendors' thread in this section - have a look through!

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
I've been talking to Tianyu about fancy cut/accent MMD. They offer many shapes at a good price.

Another one I've been looking at is OurosJewels on Etsy. I've never bought from them but @swaye2010 did an interview with the owner (he also owns another shop for moissanite).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came here to say Ouros jewels. I dont have personal experience w them but have seen fancy shapes in their etsy stores

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!! Inspiration for the halo will come from what I can find out there, I think.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!! Inspiration for the halo will come from what I can find out there, I think.

Tianyu I think can cut them to order. I do think the Ouros will be much cheaper and he already has sets to order for really good prices. There aren’t a ton of people selling shapes other than rounds in lab diamonds yet. You can try working with a custom jeweler to source them for you. Sometimes they have a better idea of inventory and where to get these things at the price you are willing to pay.

I can also recommend Ivy & Rose. They go by mydiamondzone on ebay and I have bought some baguette’s from them in the past for a ring project.

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Tianyu I think can cut them to order. I do think the Ouros will be much cheaper and he already has sets to order for really good prices. There aren’t a ton of people selling shapes other than rounds in lab diamonds yet. You can try working with a custom jeweler to source them for you. Sometimes they have a better idea of inventory and where to get these things at the price you are willing to pay.

I can also recommend Ivy & Rose. They go by mydiamondzone on ebay and I have bought some baguette’s from them in the past for a ring project.

FYI when I spoke with Emily at Tianyu, she said custom cut lab diamonds will take about a week. Their price per carat is comparable to Ouros, but need to keep in mind the shipping cost is separate, whereas Ouros has free shipping. Ultimately I don't think there's a significant difference in price.

Let us know who you end up using!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results