Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone cutting MMD half-moons/other "accent" shapes?

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
I'm contemplating designing a mixed-cut halo setting for a colored stone that would involve a couple carats of diamonds in interesting shapes (shapes TBD! But thinking step-cut half-moons, French cuts, baguettes, who knows!). Is anyone cutting peculiar shapes in smallish sizes? Just finding a source for half moons would make setting a handful of patiently-waiting colored stones a possibility!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are definitely some vendors I found in the 'List of MMD vendors' thread in this section - have a look through!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came here to say Ouros jewels. I dont have personal experience w them but have seen fancy shapes in their etsy stores

evergreen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! Inspiration for the halo will come from what I can find out there, I think.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!! Inspiration for the halo will come from what I can find out there, I think.
Tianyu I think can cut them to order. I do think the Ouros will be much cheaper and he already has sets to order for really good prices. There aren’t a ton of people selling shapes other than rounds in lab diamonds yet. You can try working with a custom jeweler to source them for you. Sometimes they have a better idea of inventory and where to get these things at the price you are willing to pay.

I can also recommend Ivy & Rose. They go by mydiamondzone on ebay and I have bought some baguette’s from them in the past for a ring project.

SparklePolo

Rough_Rock
Tianyu I think can cut them to order. I do think the Ouros will be much cheaper and he already has sets to order for really good prices. There aren’t a ton of people selling shapes other than rounds in lab diamonds yet. You can try working with a custom jeweler to source them for you. Sometimes they have a better idea of inventory and where to get these things at the price you are willing to pay.

I can also recommend Ivy & Rose. They go by mydiamondzone on ebay and I have bought some baguette’s from them in the past for a ring project.
FYI when I spoke with Emily at Tianyu, she said custom cut lab diamonds will take about a week. Their price per carat is comparable to Ouros, but need to keep in mind the shipping cost is separate, whereas Ouros has free shipping. Ultimately I don't think there's a significant difference in price.

Let us know who you end up using!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.