shape
carat
color
clarity

Irregular hearts light performance pattern

novichok

Rough_Rock
I have bought a diamond with the following hearts light performance pattern. As can be seen from the below image a yellow region appears close to the center of the Hearts image. I have not observed this before and would appreciate it if one of the experts here can help me understand this. After multiple tries I was able to find an area in the 360 video which can be the source of the yellow region. How can this affect the value of the diamond? How come this does not appear in the GIA report? Furthermore, as can be seen from the inclusion pattern the diamond has feathers in multiple locations, should I be worried about the feathers? Overall do you think this diamond is a good choice?

hearts.png
unknown.png

gia_inc_pattern.PNG

gia_report.png

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Aside from any other concerns you might have, is the VVS1 of specific preference for you? I say this because the VVS1 is very overkill and doesn't make sense with I color. You will see the I color. You won't see the VVS1 when you can get a lower clarity and the stone can still be eye clean. I would just discard this stone and look for another and go for higher color and lower clarity than a VVS1.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like something on the diamond .

novichok

Rough_Rock
Aside from any other concerns you might have, is the VVS1 of specific preference for you? I say this because the VVS1 is very overkill and doesn't make sense with I color. You will see the I color. You won't see the VVS1 when you can get a lower clarity and the stone can still be eye clean. I would just discard this stone and look for another and go for higher color and lower clarity than a VVS1.

Thank you for your suggestion and quick reply. To be honest with you I am ok with anything above SI1 clarity, none or faint fluorescence that has an ideal cut. However, I feel like when you have a budget the online websites push you towards choosing between diamonds that each have some sort of hidden issue. Furthermore, I made the mistake of reading and learning about H&A diamonds, now as soon as I don't see the arrows pattern in a diamond I reject it.

I am using jamesallen.com, I would appreciate it if you could make suggestions from JA with a budget of $6500 USD.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it isn't an inclusion, which in a VVS1 it would not be, then I'd assume like Karl said it is a piece of dirt or lint on the diamond.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you provide the link?

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hearts image says it is not a H&A diamond.

Almost every other vendor does not block seeing the GIA certs and make is much quicker for us to recommend good options? Also, just a head's up, JA has a long history of missing delivery dates during sales and holiday periods. So, plan accordingly.

Do you have a setting in mind? If so, can you link to it?

This is in budget and WF has a long history of meeting delivery deadlines. Wait to see what other post, but this is larger than your selection by 0.30 mm (which is visibly different). You might want to put this on hold if you have interest as it is a busy period.

novichok

Rough_Rock
The hearts image says it is not a H&A diamond.

Almost every other vendor does not block seeing the GIA certs and make is much quicker for us to recommend good options? Also, just a head's up, JA has a long history of missing delivery dates during sales and holiday periods. So, plan accordingly.

Do you have a setting in mind? If so, can you link to it?

This is in budget and WF has a long history of meeting delivery deadlines. Wait to see what other post, but this is larger than your selection by 0.30 mm (which is visibly different). You might want to put this on hold if you have interest as it is a busy period.

Thank you for your advice and taking the time to provide me with your comments.

As you mentioned the diamond is not H&R, I think majority of the diamonds from JA cannot be categorized as true H&A but at the same time their True Hearts diamonds have better cut/quality than the rest of the diamonds in their database.

In regards to the delivery date, you are 100% right, they have changed the date at least 4 times and the only time I complained they told me that the delivery time is an estimate and can change anytime, total nonsense.

The setting I have chosen is from JA, "14K WHITE GOLD PETITE PAVE ENGAGEMENT RING (FLUSH FIT)" .

The diamond you suggested from WF has much better light performance compared to the diamond I have selected. I will have to wait and see what happens to my JA order. I wish I had known about WF and this forum earlier.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond you suggested from WF has much better light performance compared to the diamond I have selected. I will have to wait and see what happens to my JA order. I wish I had known about WF and this forum earlier.

Great find by @rockysalamander.

What you may not realize is the WF stone is a premium select (PS) which is a near miss to WF's A Cut Above (ACA) premier stone. What I particularly like about this stone is you get great performance and all the perks of buying an ACA, but with a small price discount and it still includes their killer upgrade program (simply spend $1 more and get FULL credit of the original stone towards your new purchase). And you are trading VVS1 clarity that your eyes can't appreciate without a 10x scope to an eye clean clarity and size bump your eyes can appreciate.

I know not everyone upgrades, but it does happen to those that never thought it would. With JA, you have to spend 2x the amount to get your original value of the stone when you upgrade.

I am curious what you mean by you have to wait & see what happens with your JA order? If you haven't completed the order, you should be able to cancel without penalty. And if you have completed it, then you have a 30-day return period. So you should have some options available to you, should you decide to switch vendors.

If you think you might be interested in the WF stone, I would contact them and ask them to place on hold while you sort out the details with JA so someone else doesn't snag it. Also, if you need by Christmas, I would confirm with WF they will be able to make your deadline. As noted by Rocky, they jump through hoops to keep customers happy and you are still 19 days away so you likely have time but it's still a worthwhile conversation so there are no disappointments.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your advice and taking the time to provide me with your comments.

As you mentioned the diamond is not H&R, I think majority of the diamonds from JA cannot be categorized as true H&A but at the same time their True Hearts diamonds have better cut/quality than the rest of the diamonds in their database.

In regards to the delivery date, you are 100% right, they have changed the date at least 4 times and the only time I complained they told me that the delivery time is an estimate and can change anytime, total nonsense.

The setting I have chosen is from JA, "14K WHITE GOLD PETITE PAVE ENGAGEMENT RING (FLUSH FIT)" .

JA has a pretty easy return policy. You can just call and cancel.

novichok

Rough_Rock
Great find by @rockysalamander.

What you may not realize is the WF stone is a premium select (PS) which is a near miss to WF's A Cut Above (ACA) premier stone. What I particularly like about this stone is you get great performance and all the perks of buying an ACA, but with a small price discount and it still includes their killer upgrade program (simply spend $1 more and get FULL credit of the original stone towards your new purchase). And you are trading VVS1 clarity that your eyes can't appreciate without a 10x scope to an eye clean clarity and size bump your eyes can appreciate.

I know not everyone upgrades, but it does happen to those that never thought it would. With JA, you have to spend 2x the amount to get your original value of the stone when you upgrade.

I am curious what you mean by you have to wait & see what happens with your JA order? If you haven't completed the order, you should be able to cancel without penalty. And if you have completed it, then you have a 30-day return period. So you should have some options available to you, should you decide to switch vendors.

If you think you might be interested in the WF stone, I would contact them and ask them to place on hold while you sort out the details with JA so someone else doesn't snag it. Also, if you need by Christmas, I would confirm with WF they will be able to make your deadline. As noted by Rocky, they jump through hoops to keep customers happy and you are still 19 days away so you likely have time but it's still a worthwhile conversation so there are no disappointments.

Thank you for your advice. They have already shipped it, so I will most likely have to take the 30 days refund option.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your advice. They have already shipped it, so I will most likely have to take the 30 days refund option.

I'd still kept the WF on hold if it's interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results