shape
carat
color
clarity

Irony of never wanting to change (new stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

I wanted a top notch appraisal for my ring so that God forbid anything happen I would be covered in working with my insurance company. The irony is, that is of course when something happened. A week ago today I got an email from Richard Sherwood say that there was a problem with my ring.

39.gif

I sent my ring to get the prongs tightened at Whiteflash and they were to send it on to Richard. When Richard received the ring there was an issue, the stone had been chipped. It was an accident and no one is at fault in this sort of situation, sometimes these things just happen. Richard sent me the photo collage below and I had myself a right little pity party. (I was home for Spring Break and the dogs who are not used to seeing anyone cry freaked out badly enough for the girl staying with me to be running towards the room even before I called for her…those poor puppies!) Once I had calmed down a bit I called V, who was more then a little surprised himself.

V contracted Richard the following day (Wednesday the 22nd), and he was an absolute angel. Explaining to Jeffrey how large the chip was and what could be done to try and fix the stone, he also said that he could do a forensic evaluation but that he did not think it was necessary. He told V that the problem had occurred either while being set or just after, and that I had not been the one to do it.

V contacted the Lesley at WF, and sent her what Richard had sent to us. The response from Whiteflash was immediate. Brian and V talked on the phone discussing what had happened and what could be done now to make it right. There was no hesitation from Whiteflash they took full responsibility and their concern was to ensure that they were doing whatever it took to make V (and myself) happy. Brian came up with a list of diamonds which were all A Cut Above stones for Jeffrey and I to look over.

I spoke with John on Wednesday evening (he stayed late as I was in the city for the day) and he was very conciliatory. He was gracious and politely ignored the pauses and my whiney/teary tone. Explained to me what had happened and told me that everyone was doing what could be done and made it very clear that they would take care of everything until V and I were 100% satisfied.

That first evening I did not want to look at any of them, I was still too upset and John, and Lesley were understanding and told me to take as long as needed to pick a stone that would sing to me the way the stone Jeffrey had chosen the first time.
Richard emailed me checking in to make sure I was all right. His work was really helpful throughout this whole process. I can tell you he has a customer for life!
I meet up with FountainFairFax on Friday, and she and my buddy from school were super sweet looking over options and plots with me. It might sound silly, but only another Pricescoper can really understand the mania that is involved in this process. My friend from home thought I was a bit nutty to be crying over a broken object. FFF, however has been a gem with listening to me hem and haw over, what “the proper response is” (I know you are laughing right now MsFFF).
2.gif

Today I spoke with Brian, it feels like I have known forever what happened, but really I only found out 8 days and WF a week ago. Brian and I spoke about a specific stone that V and I were attracted to. A very cute 2.225 J/SI2 stone is going to be shipped to me either this evening or tomorrow morning. Brian was very nice explaining how it might of happened and making sure that I knew that their bottom line was making V and I whole. I am really hopeful that this stone will make move me the way the one V proposed with did.

And as soon as we know what the perfect stone is it will be shipped off directly to Richard Sherwood for his evaluation. I am really looking forward to getting the appraisal from him, after seeing all the effort and detail that he put into the issue with the stone from my ring I know it will be an incredible thing to read, and will of course make my insurance company very happy.

I hope this explains what I meant when I said my I was no more. Pictures to follow.

30xfromrssgl6.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

30xfromrssgl1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

30xfromrssgl2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

30xfromrssgl3.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

30xfromrssgl4.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Last of the
face24.gif
photos.

30xfromrssgl5.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sarin:
/images/site/d_lost.jpg
AGS Report:
/images/site/d_lost.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mat! I am sorry to hear what happened to your first stone, but the J looks sa-weet! I hope it gets the A-OK from Richard for you!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mat... that''s absolutely terrible. I would have been really upset too. But thankfully WF is taking care of it!

But.. I bet once you get your hands on that J...
30.gif
you''ll forget all about the old stone (hopefully!) The numbers on that baby look absolutely terrific.

Can''t wait to see what new stone you end up with!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh no!!! Mat?! this is so upsetting! i am sure you and V are just crushed! just think- this new stone has a chance to be better than the one u had before!

did u have an appraisal before the stone was set and then reappaised after it was tightened?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:10:32 PM
Author: pebbles
Oh Mat! I am sorry to hear what happened to your first stone, but the J looks sa-weet! I hope it gets the A-OK from Richard for you!
They are shipping it to me first, just to see if the inclusions bother me.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear that WF is being so great about this. This is just a terrible thing to have happen!
7.gif
Please tell us all about the new diamond when you get it. When I met with Richard to look over my potential diamond purchase I was so pleased as well. He really is great to work with.

I'm curious what the stats were on the original diamond.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mat, I really hope the new stone works out for you!! It''s really great that WF is being so great about all this
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:23:07 PM
Author: icekid
Oh Mat... that''s absolutely terrible. I would have been really upset too. But thankfully WF is taking care of it!

But.. I bet once you get your hands on that J...
30.gif
you''ll forget all about the old stone (hopefully!) The numbers on that baby look absolutely terrific.

Can''t wait to see what new stone you end up with!
Yes I am really grateful to Richard and to Lesley and Brian at Whiteflash. I am hoping that when I see the J that I will
30.gif
the way I did my stone. I am really hoping they can ship it out for tommorow since I dont have classes. (Not that I plan on taking a bazillion photos or anything
27.gif
.)

argh&stuff

Shiny_Rock
It''s good to know that WF takes care of their customers like that. I''m glad you''re feeling better now, and I''m glad I read this, as I''m seriously considering doing the WF thing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat... if this is the J that Aljdewey and I saw last year at WF (and it looks like it), it surely is a stunningly beautiful stone, however, it had a pattern of inclusions that were visible to me from the pavilion. I was originally considering this stone for my upgrade, but I didn't like the inclusions.

You may want to talk to Brian specifically about the inclusions before having the stone sent to you, and have them take pictures of it in 'regular viewing'...just in case. Unless you like to see inclusions from the side view in diamonds, some people do..or maybe you won't see them at all. But this is definitely an SI2 that for me was not eye-clean, which was unfortunate because it was a great price!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:30:13 PM
Author: jcrow
oh no!!! Mat?! this is so upsetting! i am sure you and V are just crushed! just think- this new stone has a chance to be better than the one u had before!

did u have an appraisal before the stone was set and then reappaised after it was tightened?
Jcrow- I really did have myself a nice little crying fit when I found out. It was just such a blow to see, sometimes photos are so graphic.
I had not had it appraised yet. It was on its way to Richard to be appraised when the accident happened, it was sent directly from Whiteflash to Richard who realized what had happened and contact Jeffrey and I ASAP, and then at our request sent it back to WF, I have not had the ring since February.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:48:09 PM
Author: Mara

Mat... if this is the J that Donna and I saw last year at WF (and it looks like it), it surely is a stunningly beautiful stone, however, it had a pattern of inclusions that were visible to me from the pavilion. I was originally considering this stone for my upgrade, but I didn''t like the inclusions.

You may want to talk to Brian about the inclusions before having the stone sent to you, and have them take pictures of it in ''regular viewing''...just in case. Unless you like to see inclusions from the side view in diamonds, some people do! But this is definitely an SI2 that for me was not eye-clean.

Thanks for the heads up, Brian spent about 20 minutes on the phone with me discussing the stone. In order to make sure that the inclusion in the middle (he said there was only the one the others are off to the side) does not bother me he is sending me the stone loose so I can examine it, here in diffrent lighting to make sure I would be happy with it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Matatora! I am so sorry!! That''s wonderful that you have a competant "team" (Richard and WhiteFlash) that is standing behind their customer service and customer loyalty.

Can''t wait to see the new ring!
35.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:36:27 PM
Author: jazmine
So glad to hear that WF is being so great about this. This is just a terrible thing to have happen!
7.gif
Please tell us all about the new diamond when you get it. When I met with Richard to look over my potential diamond purchase I was so pleased as well. He really is great to work with.

I''m curious what the stats were on the original diamond.
Full Ring Thread

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Matarola,

That is such an awful thing that happened to you, but I am so glad that the people at WF made it as stress free as possible.

What made you decide to upgrade?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Princess V- It is a huge bummer to have this happen, but WF is being really nice and I am looking forward to see the stone.
Arg&Stuff- I am glad you read my post too! This is one of the great things about Pricescope you get to have consumers talk about their experiences with different companies and their customer service and how they handle things. If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Feb2003Bride- Yes I am super fortunate that Richard caught the problem and documented it so thoroughly and that the folks at WF are being so helpful and trying to help me find the right fit as my new stone.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear about your stone matatora. it always stinks to have something like this happen that is out of your control. it's cool that wf is going above and beyond to make it right though! that's one of the reasons i love them so.
face16.gif

is it wrong of me to be secretly hoping for my diamond to be chipped?
31.gif
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:54:24 PM
Author: Kaleidoscopic
Matarola,

That is such an awful thing that happened to you, but I am so glad that the people at WF made it as stress free as possible.

What made you decide to upgrade?
I did not want to upgrade, I never would have changed my stone if it had not been broken.
7.gif

I dont really see that stone as an upgrade from the first one, just diffrent.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Mat-- I''m so sorry to see this!!! I think I would be highly emotional too, in the same situation, and I don''t even have a stone yet!

The J looks like it could be a stunner! I hope that both you and V love it when you see it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 5:59:51 PM
Author: belle
sorry to hear about your stone matatora. it always stinks to have something like this happen that is out of your control. it''s cool that wf is going above and beyond to make it right though! that''s one of the reasons i love them so.
face16.gif

is it wrong of me to be secretly hoping for my diamond to be chipped?
31.gif
11.gif
Okay my Diet Coke just nearly came out of my nose. And yes that is rotten but funny, just dont let your diamond here you!

I am still shaken up about what happened, but Brian and Lesley are trying to make it right with V and I. I hope I like this stone and that it is not icky the way Mara said.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh mat, i''m so sorry
7.gif
. this kinda reminds me of Laney''s story when her original diamond broke. She had a tough time finding and falling for a new stone but now she LOVES it and I know you''re going to find another one that will speak to your hearts just as much.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 6:03:40 PM
Author: fatafelice
Mat-- I''m so sorry to see this!!! I think I would be highly emotional too, in the same situation, and I don''t even have a stone yet!

The J looks like it could be a stunner! I hope that both you and V love it when you see it!
Thanks Fatafelice, my buddy could not understand the way fellow Pricescopers can about the emtions related to diamonds. *sigh*

Thanks! I am really excited about it being shipped out here and I hope it looks great when I get it! Rest assured that my camera will be charged and that I will be posting oddles of pictures for ya''ll to see.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't say the stone is 'icky' ... just thought I'd advise that the inclusions may be visible from the side. Maybe not. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results