shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation Help???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies...
Ok.. so I am beginning to stress.. SERIOUSLY STRESS... to make a long story short... My FI best man''s girlfriend (man that was a mouthful) is an invitation designer.. and offered to do our invitations for our wedding... Well two weeks ago.. they split (yikes) and now the awful truth has come out... (way longer story) and now FI does not want to give her our business... (which I respect!!)...

Now.. I am four months out from the wedding.. and scared crazy.. because we NEVER researched any other option...

I need help ladies.. if any of you have ideas for invitations.. very contempory and modern... I would be eternally grateful...

Thank you all in advance.. I need all the help I can get!

E B

Ideal_Rock
What are your wedding colors? Do you want colorful invitations, or a more simple style?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
What kind of budget are you looking at, and for how many invitations? Do you want thermography, engraving, letter-pressing, regular printing, etc? What colors?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Why not just go to a stationary shop and pick some out? 4 months is plenty of time. I don't think I went in and ordered mine until 2 months are so before the wedding. Are you trying to make them yourself?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock

It all depends on what you''re wanting. If you want modern, simple, you can totally do those yourself with those print-at-home packages you can get at Target, Walmart, craft stores, etc. It''s fast, easy, cheap, and it allows for the couple to personalize as they want to. They can be as simple or modern or flashy as you want. We did ours and it took seriously less than two hours, and that was just because we fiddled around with wording for a long time.

If you''re wanting to have someone do them for you, I''m sure there are many options, because the turnaround for printing isn''t ALL that long. And you''re supposed to send out the invites like 6-4 weeks in advance, I suppose.

Take a deep breath: what are you looking for in your invitations?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think mine were very modern. I have a thread on them. I could walk you through them if you wanted to try a DIY.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...

deeeeeep breath...

Ok.. our colors are tiffany blue and DARK teal, with ivory accents. Our plan was to do a pocket folder in tiffany blue with dark teal print... either thermography or engraving... with ivory inserts on the inside. I will attach a picture of what we had planned..

We had planned on sending out the invites the last week in January.. for our March 31 wedding. We are having a choice of two entrees so the caterer requested that we have a head count in by the 4 week mark (eek!) so that is also a reason for the 8 week time... also.. our wedding is a destination wedding for 95% of our guests.

This picture is what we had in mind... but in folder form.. our names would be on the front.. and when you open, the official invitation wording would be on the left.. and the ivory inserts would be on the left...

We are living and working in the Caribbean.. so going to target or walmart to pick up supplies is not an option... anything we do will have to be done by someone else...

Ok.. back to the internet.. Thanks ladies!!!

Invitation 1.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
In terms of design structure, i think this is what you are looking for. You can choose any color, and then just get a plain, modern, crisp type face in an ivory ink. You have time, don''t stress, and don''t overthink it, it will come together

good luck!

http://www.envelopments.com/

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
For evelopments, I think you need to go straight to one of the dealers, and I''m not sure if any of them are online (or in the Carribean!)

I didn''t quite get what your take is on DIY-ing, but if you want to give it a shot and like the pocketfold look, then take a look at www.cardsandpockets.com They have tons of pocketfold styles and colors. I think they may even dabble in actual invite design, but am not sure. I went the DIY route and just ordered the materials from there. They were wonderful to work with. I highly recommend them!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Love your design idea!

I searched for an old thread that lists a bunch of websites for invitation companies. I didnt look through the sites to see if they specifically had what you are looking for, but here is the link. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results