shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding invitation companies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
So much going on that I haven''t even gotten my invitations for my August wedding! Ok, so it''s time to order this weekend, and I am not liking the things I am seeing. Anyone have some good online compnies to consider? My criteria:

Something square, I like the shape
Fairly inexpensive, as we need to buy 200+ (under $2k)
Elegant and simple without being boring
I like bows, satin, thin borders, embossing, soft colors (ivory)
Not big on overly floral, no hearts or sappy poems...

Here are some I like...

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!!

39-44605.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
another one...

39-44675.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
and another one...

GateFoldInv.jpg

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
I only just ordered mine for a June wedding....Crane''s website was good, permitting one to plan out the invitation, but their service is behind by about 3 weeks. This was not small problem on my part, having flown from the UK to the US to pick them up, only to not get them!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez-

Not sure what online vendors you''ve already checked out, but I like a lot of the stuff from Not From a Box and Paper-Source

There''re some other companies with some amazing work as well, but even pricier, for the most part. Let me know if you want more!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
rfath, thanks so much! I love them both, although the second one seems a bit more complex...why am I so simple? Has anyone used these vendors? Are they good? What is their quality like? Any relevant info?

If you have any other options, let me know, I love looking and three more friends are getting married, so I am collecting all relevant info for me AND them!

Thanks!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Not From a Box has a lot of rave reviews from the folks on The Knot and elsewhere... Paper Source is slightly more of a DIY set-up, though they can do letter-pressed invites for you. Otherwise you''d pick out the paper designs you want and either print yourself or have your invitations printed locally (they have a number of stores as well).

Some more places for inspiration:
http://www.thepulpstudio.com/
http://www.funnybuggy.com
http://www.paper-girl.com/
http://www.myjeanm.com/
http://www.invitationlane.com/

And a thread on pricescope about more invitation places:

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I ordered samples from two places and the quality was outstanding.

http://www.piccolopressusa.com/ (Engraving, Thermography, Letterpress: very old school in how they make the invitations--really stunning and turnaround from order to receipt is about a month--I''m still looking around but I think I''ll be going with them)

http://www.paintedtonguepress.com/ (Letterpress: Kim designs the invitation from scratch for whatever you want, amazing quality and you''d get something totally unique)

I made my save the dates using materials from Paper Source. Their quality is high and the letterpress invitations they also do looked wonderful (I was actually in their Georgetown location this am). It is a little more work intensive, but you also have a lot more control of the end product. One idea to save money or get something that fits your style exactly would be to get a plain invitation from a local stationer and find a paper store to add your own florishes (bows, vellum wraps, etc.).

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I don''t remember who we got ours from... our wedding coordinator lady ordered them from a book of samples that she had. They are ivory colored with uneven edges... very elegant. They had some kind of opaque paper that went over them.

Anyway.... I started trying to get some online, but the samples would come, and they looked so cheap!! Make sure you get samples b/f you order anything.

My fiancee did not want hearts or bows....I really liked bows. I ended up compromising and getting the opaque stuff to go around them instead, though.

Have you tried going to some kind of store that carries samples of invitations. That way, you can see them in person without having to wait for samples to arrive in the mail?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a sample from Not from a Box, it took almost a month to get and the thing looke like a DIY project made by a 10-year old, very thin paper and very cheap looking. I ended up ordering from Invitationlane.com and they''ve been great to work with. You might also want to check out some stores to see the invitations in person. This way you don''t have to order every sample you want, then you can find them online for less.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard of the quality on Rexcraft and Creations By Elaine. We have no time to actually go to print shops and wedding places, so we have made the executive decision to save on the invites and spend more on...well most other things that add up!

We either order online or from the catalogues that come to us... I thought I saw a website that had those pocket type invitations that can accomodate several papers inside but closes up... I can''t remember where or what they are actually called...any help?? THANKS!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
nicrez- i believe you are thinking of pocketfolds? i think they are sometimes called envelopments, but i could be wrong...

this?

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
mygatsby.com defintely has pocketfolds.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Pocketfolds, yes.... We have a complex double day wedding, so that makes things easier to organize.

Does MyGatsby have good quality? Has anyone ordered from them??? What is the easiest way to put it all together set-up wise? I have never done it, and it seems slightly DIY, so I don''t know how to order what to make sure it all folds and comes out properly. Should I call them and have them walk me over the phone?

Why do I feel completely useless with this stuff??? *SIGH*

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I saw the pocketfolds from Paper Prince''s XOXO line in person and they were quite beautiful. Online you can find them at http://www.finestationery.com

Just another option!

samm06

Rough_Rock
i found this one on wedding.invitations.leithya.com - that's where we got our invitations at. ours are very good quality and you get a 20% discount, too!

http://wedding.invitations.leithya.com/TAPN6174-cc.htm

you can even order samples - and they're turnaround time isn't too long, either!

good luck & congrats
1.gif

ps - forgot to mention this one includes your photo!!!

PN6174lr.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I used Cloud Nine Creative. Angela was fantastic to work with. Her designs might be a bit flowery for you but they are rather modern flowery. She could probably customize for you. Here's the link.

Good luck!
http://www.cloudninecreative.com/invitations.html

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A $2K budget??!!

Jesuscripes! Ok...for 200 invites you shouldn't pay more than like $750 for a nice, flashy high-end invite, depending who does the work, you are them. YOu will pay more for laborious designs that you aren't assembling yourself.

I ordered my pocketfold envelopes, the cardstock to mount the actual printed invite to and the cardstock I had all the maps/RSVPs done on through mygatsby.com

I got metallic Ametrine envelopes and, fittingly, diamond cardstock. Its a nice metallic ivory. I designed mine very similarly to your first one posted there...and I used chocolate brown ink as a border on the printed parts and for the body text with a screen of "ametrine" in the background, as well as chocolate brown ribbon to tie my little bows. I used a chocolate brown "dot" sticker as well that I bought a ton of at a local scrapbooking store. I printed clear labels in brown ink that I bought from Office Max or something to do addresses.

Mine looked pretty swank for my "cheaping out" on them. Its not hard to do this all yourself by any means. And if you choose to do so, let me know so I can give advice and input.

I like the idea of printing a black and white of you two on Vellum and using that as a "cover" over your actual printed invite.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH--and do not forget to factor postage into your final price. 23¢ for postcards (I think) and I believe it was 60¢ a pop to mail the entire thing, and that was without inner and outer envelopes. This thing just closed and had a sticker close it and was mailed as is. You could pay upwards of a buck a pop to mail these suckers, so consider just how much stuff you really want going on, paper gets heavy fast.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Hey. I know I''m late on this.. but Definitely check out myjeanm.com and mygatsby.com. All of their stuff looks really really pretty..

There is a square invite that i LOVE from mygatsby.com.. I had my mind all made up on one of the Jean M ones, but then I saw these

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock

Grrr. my computer is giving me big issues trying to attach this file.

Luckily.. I just remembered I already have it uploaded on my website.. so here it is

mygatsbymollyinvite.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2005 10:22:00 PM
Author: ame
A $2K budget??!!

Jesuscripes! Ok...for 200 invites you shouldn''t pay more than like $750 for a nice, flashy high-end invite, depending who does the work, you are them. YOu will pay more for laborious designs that you aren''t assembling yourself.

I ordered my pocketfold envelopes, the cardstock to mount the actual printed invite to and the cardstock I had all the maps/RSVPs done on through mygatsby.com

I got metallic Ametrine envelopes and, fittingly, diamond cardstock. Its a nice metallic ivory. I designed mine very similarly to your first one posted there...and I used chocolate brown ink as a border on the printed parts and for the body text with a screen of ''ametrine'' in the background, as well as chocolate brown ribbon to tie my little bows. I used a chocolate brown ''dot'' sticker as well that I bought a ton of at a local scrapbooking store. I printed clear labels in brown ink that I bought from Office Max or something to do addresses.

Mine looked pretty swank for my ''cheaping out'' on them. Its not hard to do this all yourself by any means. And if you choose to do so, let me know so I can give advice and input.

I like the idea of printing a black and white of you two on Vellum and using that as a ''cover'' over your actual printed invite.
Ame,

I''ve spent the past couple of hours "designing" invitations at mygatsby.com. I came on here to see if anyone else had used them. Lo and behold, there you are! I''m also loving that ametrine color. I''m thinking ametrine and lavelite.

What did you think of their service? Prices?

I''m loving this style:

WeddingInvitationb.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jelly I love that invite! I did the 5x5 pocketfolds myself. I thought they were great. I waited too long to order and they really came through for me.

I think the two colors will be great though maybe consider one other color like Diamond or something white/ivory. It''ll break it up. Though Monochromatic isn''t bad. You could get a deep purple ribbon too for bows and to wrap around the whole thing that might be neat.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
There''s always...

Carlson Craft
Regency Thermographers
McPherson''s
Checkerboard

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results