shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction and ring pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I stumbled upon this forum and have been lurking for a little while now. I am blown away to see there are so many people like me here. I have spent hours and hours reading posts and thinking "that is me" about so many of them. My husband could not care any less about jewelery but I have a brother that is as bad as I am. I went to see him just this week (to show off my new upgrade) and told him all about this site. I think he is lurking around now too. Anyway I told him of reading a thread about jewelery pet peeves and how one of the ladies in that thread said she takes her cleaner to work to clean her co-workers rings and they thought she was a fanatic about it when she dried them with canned air. So I told my brother how even I was thinking this was crazy and at the exact same time thinking, "where can I get some canned air". Well he starts laughing and looks at me serious and we both say at the same time, "I'll bet we could get that at Wal-mart"!
I was just reading Mara's thread about her upgrade and couldn't help but laugh about all the talk of the negotiations we have to make in this thing called marriage. I always tell my husband his toys are all in the garage and mine are all on my finger. (By the way Mara if you see this I think the naked cartwheels are a great idea when you get your new ring and if you do them often enough you might not have to wait that extra 8 years to upgrade!) Anyway, my original e-ring was VERY tiny and we have upgraded it many times. My husband and I have been married 21 years and I always want to upgrade my ring. Many, many birthdays, anniversaries, Christmases, kids births, etc. have been occasion to do so. When we did that though we actually returned the diamond and or mounting I had and got a credit toward the one I wanted. We also did it in very small financial amounts. The store I got my center stone from closed in 2000 so I don't think we will ever upgrade it again but we upgraded the mounting just this last week. Anyway, I hope I haven't rambled to much. I am going to try to post pics of my new ring too. I don't know all the specs like you guys seem to but I will post what I know. Also I LOVE seeing all of your rings so for mysake keep posting pics! Thanks!!!
Center stone: 2.10 VS2 J color
larger stones around center: .35 SI2 H color
tiny ones on sides: .08 I1 H color (not thrilled with these)
All in all a real stunner in my opinion though!
4.50 tw for everything

ring22334455.jpg

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
and...

ring333444.jpg

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
and...

my55777.jpg

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
one more!

ring99000.jpg

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
This is the last one. Sorry I had a LOT of trouble posting pics so they are all in a different reply.

last0987.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, talk about making a grand entrance!! Welcome to PS, your set is magnificent! And huge! That''s alotta BLING!!

LOVE it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Any other stunning treasures you''re holding out on???
3.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, lovely
21.gif
I own a pear too, and I love how much bigger pears appear than other diamond shaped stones. I know what you''re saying . . . we''re diamond addicts around here. Thanks for posting!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS DJ
35.gif
beautiful set - I am another pear lover too
30.gif
30.gif
Also addicted to canned air for giving my diamonds that just cleaned sparkle! My Hubby goes mad when I steal it " 10 bucks a tin and you "waste" it on drying your diamonds - that's for my computer!
29.gif
" I don't care though
emembarrassed.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! LUV, LUV LUV, a pear!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS, Diamondjunkie! Your set is just gorgeous! We''re all jewelry crazy here so you fit right in!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
wow - what a stunning ring/set. DROOOL!!!! Welcome

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
First of all, welcome to PS!!
35.gif

And WOW, your wedding set is gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS DJ
35.gif

I love your set, it''s stunning!!!
30.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome...you are gonna love it here!

Your set is simply stunning!!!! Love it!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!! There''s a place for people like us and you found it!! You will feel normal here.
2.gif
Love your set. It''s huge!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope and thanks for sharing your beautiful rings with us!

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone. I think this site is really terrific. My husband is already sick of my talking about it though. In fact just this morning he told me not to get any ideas from hanging around here.

Snook: You asked if I have anything else to see. Not yet. I talked him into diamond studs years ago but once I got them I did not enjoy them because I could not see them. As a result we have always put all jewelery fund money into my w&e rings. I figure I wear them every day, all the time so I am ALWAYS enjoying my diamonds. I am wanting a pendant but since I just got this new mounting I think I should let him know how happy I am and not push my luck! haha!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2006 2:20:47 PM
Author: diamondjunkie
Thank you so much everyone. I think this site is really terrific. My husband is already sick of my talking about it though. In fact just this morning he told me not to get any ideas from hanging around here.
TOO LATE!
16.gif
You wil have to add psjunkie to diamondjunkie as your user name now!
41.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh what neat set! How did you choose it? What size is your finger?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
verra sparkly! beautiful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very beautiful. I''m curious too how you chose it?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s always nice to see another pear on PS! And a large beauty at that! Please do tell us how you came to choose the shape, etc!! Welcome!
35.gif

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
I answered this somewhere else here but don''t know how to link threads together so I will answer again. (I can always talk/type about my ring) The center is 2.10 VS2 J color, 5 stones (three in w-ring and one either side of center) are each .35 SI2 H color and the 8 small .08 stones are I1 H color. TDW 4.50 finger size 8.

I said before I have upgraded often so this is how I got the stone. I probably won''t ever change the stone because of this either. My husband doesn''t care at all about jewelery and doesn''t know anything about the 4 c''s. Over the years he has come to trust a few jewelers to know what I like and not hose him on the price. Anyway, about 6 years ago I had a nice round stone that was about 1.20 carat and I had seen a pear that I liked. (very close to the size and quality I had) I mentioned I liked it but really was not trying to get him to buy it. Anyway not to long after that we were out running errands and we decided to go to lunch. The place he wanted to go happened to be near the jeweler where we got the diamond I had (not where I had seen the pear) so he suggested we have my ring cleaned and checked. This should have made me suspicious but it didn''t. When they checked it they said the center stone was loose and I would have to leave it to be tightened before they could even clean it. I could pick it up after lunch. Well, after lunch when we went back to get my ring this beautiful pear was in it instead. It was the only time he ever totally surprised me with an upgrade. He had worked with the jeweler to find the stone he thought I would like and worked out the surprise to have it reset all by himself. It wasn''t even my birthday or any holiday. It was a very memorable day!

Well that was supposed to be my last upgrade and I was very happy with the ring but never say never. So I went to the jeweler to see a pendant he had and while I was there I saw this mounting. It had a 5/8 center stone in it. The whole ring sparkled like I couldn''t believe. I thought my stone would make it look even better. I talked the jeweler into taking my old mounting in trade and talked my husband into not balking at the difference in price and here I am with what I think is a really beautiful new ring. It isn''t a fancy designer set or anything but I loved it instantly and thought my stone and this set were made for each other. I think I was right!
30.gif
(I don''t think I am getting a pendant though)

Thanks for asking and thanks again everyone for all the very nice comments.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
We would NEVER give you any ideas
20.gif
. Where did he get THAT idea
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS! You have a beautiful set.
36.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow another pear wearer! What a beautiful diamond and setting.

I am so with you on investing all your jewelry money in your wedding/engagement set. It''s the only jewelry you really get to see and enjoy yourself, and it''s so personal.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PS and your rings are beautiful....
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results