shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing the Queen of Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An exciting new cut for those who are as frustrated as I am in finding beautifully cut square modified brilliants. It's all here brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Rhino.

queenofhearts.jpg

qoh%20br%20JONATHAN.jpg

With the growing frustration in finding princess or radiant cut diamonds with superior optics one company has heeded the call regarding modified squares with a brand new cut called the Queen of Hearts. WE ARE VERY EXCITED to be able to present to you it's first Internet introduction along with my no compromise analysis of it's cut from soup to nuts.

DSCN0012.JPG

A first look at this diamonds AGS Report reveals a modified square with "ideal" symmetry & "excellent" polish. A feat that is not easily found among the world of fancies. AGS did a good job of the wire frame outlay concerning the facet arrangement of the stone in that the diamond has 8 pavilion main facets (like a round) which is coupled with a crown cut very similar to a radiant.

QOH928FVS1-3946401AGS.jpg

Here are the proportions of this beauty which when you look at the crown/pavilion angles and total depth ARE EXTREMELY similar to that of a round!!!
1.gif
33.3° crown angles with 40.9° pavilion angles tell us something good right from the start concerning crown/pavilion relationships. The 73% table had us concerned but when we take into account this is a super alternative to the radiant cut, radiant cuts generally all have larger table surfaces (responsible for more external reflected light) and it's crown is purposely cut in this manner and for this reason. In radiant cuts however the crown/pavilion/table relationship generally results in a watery looking, terribly leaking diamond with very little fire or light return. A 62.5% depth on a square usually equals a stone that is too shallow too but wait!!!

qohsarinside.gif

Internal reflections reveal very minimal leakage with an excellent amount of dark reds/blacks and while the stone is not cut to have an Arrows image in the face up view there is a beautiful optical symmetry to the stone that you will not find in radiants or even princess cuts. MAGNIFICIENT! In this case the 62.5% depth ADDS TO THE POSITIVE BENEFITS of this diamond in that this bad boy will look as large as it's round counterpart!!!

qohlightscope.jpg

Below is a .926ct QOH next to a .936ct H&A round.

DSCN9e976.JPG

Here are it's BrillianceScope results which are OUTSTANDING!!! (Keep in mind that fancy shapes rarely get any factor in the "Very High" zone). You can also see a beautiful face up optical symmetry in light view 6 (the diffuse light condition).

QOH928FVS1-3946401.gif

Last but not least here is where the stone got it's name...

Under the H&A viewer a beautiful display of Hearts! In the face up position a beautiful optical symmetry that is only
rivaled by the Regent.Cut.

QOHARROWS.jpg
QOHHEARTS.jpg

Princess/Radiant cuts have more than met their match as the Queen of Hearts stands as one of the top contenders in square modified brilliant cuts today.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino -
You have to cut this out, I'm already obsessed with the regent... now this!!! I'm sticking to my guns though, as beautiful as this new cut is, I think my honey will shoot me if I change my mind. I've been talking his ear off about the regents for months! Thanks for pushing the envelope to find beautiful fancies - I'm grateful to you for it!
-Paula
PS - please tell Marie I haven't given up...
Up_to_something.gif

bicky

Rough_Rock
Simply Gorgeous!
love.gif

I wish I can have another one...doubt my fiance would be too thrilled about that idea

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
what a LARGE table!
but is the fire beautiful (big or little flashes)?
is it more expensive than H&A's?
eek.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Jonathan, that's exquisite!

I love the regent, it's my favorite of modern cuts, but this tops it I think.

I'll have to really cogitate on that!

win

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
It would be nice to see a virtual model on your website.
(HOQ.gem)

P.S.: Jonathan, I like your H&A 1.22ct K-VS1, a very nice stone. I'd like to see it but I am afraid, I think if you send it to Belgium with Fedex, I'll have to pay 21% tax. Such a nice diamond!
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Jonathan, that's really lovely! I think I still like the Regent better because it looks more like a cushion. This, though, is much closer to what I think of when I think of a square. Can you get a picture of a Regent and a QofH side by side?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, but it does have a very large table which makes the middle area look a little 'dead' next to the H&A round stone. Not being familiar with Regent-type-shape at all, is that typical? Set next to the H&A round, IMO the round still outshines the QofH.

Pretty though. I think I like the Regents that bicky and others have posted recently, seems the tables are not quite as large?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is correct Lawgem. Currently there is one large retail chain featuring the stone plus one other lil guy (me!).
2.gif

There are definetely differences between it and the Regent and aspects between both that may appeal towards one kind of client than another. There are large productions becoming available in both cuts and I am VERY EXCITED about this. Finding the optically superior modified square (for those of you who have been working with us) know it can be very challenging.

A word about the pricing. Here are modified squares with brilliance and fire that are on par with H&A rounds. When these diamonds are cut they are not cutting for weight and waste but proportions and beauty and are priced comparably with H&A rounds. When I consider however the amount of squares (princess or radiant) I have to sort through to find just ONE that is as optically as beautiful as a Regent or Queen I will have spent that much or MORE on having diamonds shipped back and forth. Recently I sorted through around a bunch of princess cuts and out of approx. 100, eliminated 85 by the proportions alone. The remaining 15 were called in and only 2-3 stood up to our optical analysis. Depressing. Seeing these new modified squares is a true breath of fresh air and I can be confident that greater than 99% of these beauties will pass our optical analysis with flying colors (no pun intended).
2.gif

Peace,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Stephan,

If you click on the button (featuring our more traditional web page on diamonds) you'll find the Virtual model there.

I will put that on the main page too at first opportunity and also in our "Virtual Gallery" too. Pic of the QoH next to a Regent will be forthcoming as I'm getting a new macro lens for my slr. The first 2 pics were taken by Cary and he has the same camera I have but he went and purchased this incredible macro lens which lets him take the shots of that stone that came out so spectacular.

More to come.

Rhino

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous.

Could you explain how this stone is different from a Flanders. I see that the corners are faceted (if that is correct).

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
Damn Jonathan! That's beautiful! And I JUST got my stone from you yesterday (thanks again)! I'll have to wait for an anniversary before I get one of those queens...or maybe two for earrings.
1.gif

-spencer

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid thanks for posting the educational data here. Could you please insert the "Hearts" picture for me?

Jonathan

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice picture manhattan...what is it? If I had to guess, I'd stay a taco on stilts!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhhhh.....
1.gif

Beautiful.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heh... I figured out how to add the "hearts" image myself. Thanks Canadiangrrl. That is a rockin stone huh? You should see these things in person! If you're ever in the NY area feel free to pop on in. I was just in Canada about 10 days ago at Niagara. My first time in Niagara and my first time in Canada and my first time trying a Cuban cigar!
3.gif

It was all good!
1.gif

Peace,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 7/10/2003 5:43:38 PM manhattan01 wrote:
Damn Jonathan! That's beautiful! And I JUST got my stone from you yesterday (thanks again)! I'll have to wait for an anniversary before I get one of those queens...or maybe two for earrings.
1.gif

-spencer----------------
Haha... whenever you're ready hoss.
1.gif
YOU got an incredible rock my friend. I'm so happy you're happy!
1.gif

Peace,
Rhino

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I keep coming back here to look at it. I think I like it almost as much as the Regent. Must stop now. Must sleep.
1.gif

I would love to see your stones in person and would definitely plan a trip to see you if we are in that area. I plan on seeing much more of my soon-to-be-adopted homeland in the near future, so who knows? But you should really come to Toronto!
1.gif
*sings* We have Cuban cigars, we have Sars...Maybe I *am* really Sammy Davis Jr.
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LMAO!!! Hey ... I wasn't too far away from Toronto ya know!!! They didn't even check my bags when crossing the border too!
2.gif

Did you get a chance to see the picture of the Regent next to the round I posted here somewhere? It is a real cherry shot!
3.gif
Here's the link... https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-does-whiteflash-take-such-great-shots-of-aca.7798/}

That's a pic that'll make ya drool over a Regent.
3.gif
That particular stone is a 1.96ct E VS1 Regent that should be in my hands tomorrow morning!!!
3.gif
Can't wait to run that stone through the paces.

Rhino

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I did, and I emailed my BF, so he saw it too. I think it's stunning, it looks almost three dimensional.
1.gif
He likes it, but he's a traditionalist and really loves the rounds. He's not going to be wearing it much, though.
2.gif

Interesting that they didn't check your bags - I usually fly to the US out of Buffalo-Niagara, because it's at least 60% cheaper than flying out of Toronto. And I always get "inspected" at the border when crossing to the US. I am Catholic so I figure it's the residual guilt perpetually etched on my face.
11.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
That link won't open up for me, can someone give me two or three searh words that will pull this link up, I've tried on my own but can't seem to come across it. Anyone else have a problem?

Edit to add: I forgot to mention this stone looks soooooo cool, I would love to see one in person. Same with Regent. I'm going to have to make it to NY someday.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Jonathan, that is a stunner!
love.gif

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
Dear Rhino,

Would u be so kind to please post pictures of a d, e, f, and g diamonds side by side, taken in natural daylight (not under typical "diamond lighting")
I need a SUPER DUPER WHITE diamond from ALL sides (not just face up)

Thank you darling,
LOVE
WHITE DIAMONDS!

please put these pictures on a message to me or my d,e,f,g color pic request post - posted tonight!

THANK U VERY MUCH!!!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino is on vacation until after the 5th of Jan.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure when he returns he will get right on it.

9.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I know I would
14.gif

I wonder if they need to be taken at high noon?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually high noon would cast a YELLOW tinge onto the stones which is unacceptable at all costs! Must hide in a nearby cave and use diffused daylight in order to get the most natural tint possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results