shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing the Dynamic Duo by Victor Canera

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous!!! I adore the engraving and filigree on the side of the cushion! Such beautiful little details really make a ring special! I am especially fond of his tri-wire shanks, too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both these rings are gorgeous! How great to have two beautiful rings to wear and enjoy, I'm sure you'll get so much joy from these pieces!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
I love vintage style rings ! I've grown to love the look of older stone cuts as well.
Both rings are beautiful !

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
One of the first rings that I saw when I stumbled on PS a few years ago was @LLJsmom’s MK in VC’s octagon setting. It was love at first sight. I discovered that old cuts, vintage styles, and exquisite workmanship are a serious weakness. So much for my long-standing position that diamonds are rather “meh”.

I almost immediately set out on a hunt for an antique diamond as an anniversary upgrade. My ideal was an antique diamond in a VC setting. Alas, I was not able to get both at the time. I had my heart set on an antique cushion and Adam at OWD found me a lovely 2.74 ct M colored stone. It was perfect for me and he even found a vintage setting to work with the stone at a very reasonable price.

Fast forward a few years. The VC octagon settings remain among my favorite settings of all time. VC was advertising just such a setting as available with an [unmentionable] set in it. I was thinking that it was a great way to get a setting that I’ve wanted for years at a very reasonable price. And then I saw that VC had a CIH diamond that would fit perfectly into the setting. The K color, and the fact that it was just under the 2 ct made the price relatively reasonable. The next thing I knew, I was abandoning all good sense and purchasing the ring with a beautiful CIH diamond instead of an [unmentionable]. I wasn’t certain I’d like a MRB — particularly in a vintage style setting. As it turns out, I can barely tear my eyes away from it.

in addition, it was my lucky day and Victor agreed to set my existing antique cushion in my other favorite setting of his—even though against his usual policy. When I received the ring, I could hardly believe it was the same stone. It is stunning.

the workmanship on both rings is impeccable, and since I apparently have very consistent taste, the two rings complement each other extremely well.

I can’t take good bling photos to save my life, but if you’ve made it this far, a couple of photos below.

D674EAC0-9741-4797-8A2A-AD07C8F852B5.jpeg 9E879E36-B0EC-46C8-8319-87873A3FA6AB.jpeg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of them and I too had been so in love with @LLJsmom 's ring as well as that exact setting from VC that you have (the one with the round diamond in it). I had even contacted them about putting my diamond in that exact setting! They would have done it, but it was just out of my price range. Dk is making me one now and that is the inspiration, though I'm making lots of tweaks so it woudn't come across as a copy. Anyway all that is to say that it is beautiful and I love to get to see it on someone's hand as opposed to the glamour website shot!! I love the side details and how dramatic they are (I think those are called roundels??). Congrats!!!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
@Mreader Thank you You have great taste in Settings :lol::lol:

I can’t wait to see your new DK beauty. I definitely have a weakness for a nice octagon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results