shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my dream asscher (Distinctive gems)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting to post this until the stone was cut and videos were taken, so ITS TIME!

I've wanted an Octavia for years now. I got a moissanite "Octavia" and love it, but have always wanted the real thing. Sadly, the cheapest Octavia is 11-12k, which I just cant do.

Enter Jonathan from Distinctive gems. I spoke to him about trying to source an asscher with a small table and large depth. He shared that he was in the process of designing a new cut that combines the visible steps of a traditional asscher with the fire of cuts like octavia.

He sent me these renderings and I basically died.

Screenshot_20210526-081501_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081511_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081506_Instagram.jpg

So I took a leap and put a deposit down for the FIRST one to be cut.

A few days ago, Jon got my stone! Here are the videos he posted on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHM-yXjuLD/?utm_medium=copy_link

And https://www.instagram.com/p/CPKO4-Gjq-D/?utm_medium=copy_link

He also sent me these: https://api1.v360.in/viewer/265_LGAVASSCHER175GVVS2

And LOOK at this!!!!

image006.jpg
I just freaking cant. Its perfect and I Iove it so much. IMHO it has the fire and angles i love about the Octavia plus the visible steps that make me love traditional asschers.

I cant wait to see it IRL and cant thank @Rhino enough. My dream asscher stone is a reality!!! Obviously I'll post a thousand more pics/videos when I get it, but thought after weeks of keeping it under wraps it was finally time to share w PS. Thank you to @YadaYadaYada for helping me offline :) and @Simple and Sparkly for being helpful thinking through potential options

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing more!!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I can how you basically died :lol: your stone is amazing. Like, totally!.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy!!! I can’t wait for you to get it so we can see a million more pictures. So happy for you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I'm an idiot and put this in fab fashion instead of lab diamond. Oops. Going to report and ask mods to move.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
omg omg omg!!!!! there are so many rainbow flashes doing on i just can't wait to see it in person. How do you plan to set it??

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
and how big is it???

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see it and how you dress her!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It is amazing!!!!! I can't wait to see the setting you choose for that beauty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs congratulations! That stone is asscherlicious! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s lovely! I really love the NSEW prongs! And you can stack it beautifully if desired. I’m so excited to see this!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG

THIS IS YOURS??? Love love loveeeeee

I am in the same boat, obsessed with Octavias, and they are way beyond my budget...this is just amazing

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on IG and just about fainted. It is stunning! I am so excited for you @lovedogs. Can't wait to see it set.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo exciting!! I love those asschers I want one too!! Can’t wait to see it

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs A "thumbs up" like button is not enough for this! ! I am so excited for you and can hardly wait for you to get it! When I saw the video on IG, I was hoping for you;)2! This is a wonderful dream come true and it makes us all happy! Yay!!!!:appl::appl::appl:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
It's 6.8 x 6.7 (ish).

I'm going to put her in a solitaire that I already have (currently has an "octavia" cut moissanite in it).

Oooooo eeeeeeee we can’t wait!!!!! Gonna look amazing!!

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I saw this on IG too and was blown away! Can’t wait to see more, what an amazing stone!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs A "thumbs up" like button is not enough for this! ! I am so excited for you and can hardly wait for you to get it! When I saw the video on IG, I was hoping for you;)2! This is a wonderful dream come true and it makes us all happy! Yay!!!!:appl::appl::appl:

Aww that means a lot coming from you!!! I was super tempted to spend the $$ on an octavia diamond, but took a leap of faith with this one instead (especially bc Jon said I wasn't under obligation to buy if I saw it and fidnt like it since it was the first one). I am so happy with the outcome. It's not an Octavia, but I love it in the same way and for the same reasons (at least so far from pics). You were so so so helpful!

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
That is an amazing stone! Congratulations =)2

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Wow so gorgeous!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I was looking at that beauty on Insta, and it's yours!!? Congrats!! Just perfection :kiss2:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That stone looks awesome. The moissy you currently have looks nice on you proportion-wise so when you substitute the moissy with that awesome diamond then your ring will be out of this world.

We are impatient on your behalf.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I dropped dead when I saw this on IG, I cannot wait for your photo shoot. What a dream!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
You are so lucky! I am going to be extremely jealous next to the one I got. Congrats! I know you have wanted something like this for a long time. Finding this shape is so rare. It is great that Jon was able to do this for you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so lucky! I am going to be extremely jealous next to the one I got. Congrats! I know you have wanted something like this for a long time. Finding this shape is so rare. It is great that Jon was able to do this for you!

He's going to be cutting a lot of these, so you can buy one too! #enabling

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
He's going to be cutting a lot of these, so you can buy one too! #enabling

Of course I had to go and put mine in a bezel! I am waiting for pics on my setting. I am hoping the cup improved the color and window. We will see. I am more excited about the colored stone right then the ring and it was like maybe 20% of the cost in comparison. Ugh! Should of held out a little longer.

Your stone is gorgeous. More pics when you can. They are slightly fuzzy. Outdoors would be good so we can see the cut!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results