shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing: Esther, a CvB + Finewater Gems 10 year anniversary Sapphire Trilogy in "Black Gold"

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
First, to my spouse : It is hard to believe that ten plus years of marriage have already flown by. That saying "the days are long but the years are short" holds very true for our love story. You inspire me to be better, do better, to live and love the way I want, and always support me no matter what. Thank you for the first decade, of hopefully, many more to come.

Secondly, a huge thank you to Gene from Finewater Gems for the amazing 6.34 ct royal blue lab sapphire asscher he cut for me , it is truly breathtaking. Yes, depending on lighting, it does look like that in real life!

Thirdly, to Caysie, for bringing my crazy, poorly drawn sketch/ideas to life in a wearable work of art. I knew she was the perfect designer to capture my vision, and she was a delight to work with. She had the purple sapphire side stones custom re-cut to fit the ring from existing stock, and provided invaluable insight to make the ring beautiful and functional.

I'll add photos from my phone here in a bit, but here is the link to Caysie's glamour shots on IG:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe I forgot to post stats, I feel like I should be in PS jail. However, I believe I will be forgiven due to my extreme excitement and wanting to post before I had to rush out the door!

6.34 carat royal blue, 9X9mm asscher lab sapphire cut by Gene of Precision Gem. Purple shield cut sapphire side stones, although I never asked their carat weight. Size 4 platinum ring with black rhodium plating.

20230106_113435.jpg

*edit: spelling

Attachments

• 20230106_115342.jpg
    20230106_115342.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230106_145750.jpg
    20230106_145750.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230106_145829.jpg
    20230106_145829.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230106_145839.jpg
    20230106_145839.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 40

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe I forgot to post stats, I feel like I should be in PS jail. However, I believe I will be forgiven due to my extreme excitement and wanting to post before I had to rush out the door!

6.34 carat royal blue, 9X9mm asscher lab sapphire cut by Gene of Precision Gem. Purple shield cut sapphire side stones, although I never asked their carat weight. Size 4 platinum ring with black rhodium plating.

20230106_113435.jpg

*edit: spelling

so beautiful and congrats!

Is this finewater gems (Gary braun) or precision gems (gene flanigan)? The title says finewater but other places say precision gem and gene.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
so beautiful and congrats!

Is this finewater gems (Gary braun) or precision gems (gene flanigan)? The title says finewater but other places say precision gem and gene.

Gawd, I am a hot mess today! Thank you, it is from Gary Braun at Finewater. His name is even what is listed in front of my face on IG when I sent him some photos today. *facepalm*

I've yet to have the pleasure of purchasing from Gene at Precision Gems, but obviously I spend way too much time oogling his inventory! :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: I especially love that this ring is entirely unique to you, it's beautiful! :love:
The unexpected color and cut, the design and the blackened platinum making a frame that just anchors such saturation.
This is seriously signature.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa! Super unique and very cool.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

Thank you! I admit I am quite smitten.
This is such a beautiful and unique ring. I love how edgy it is.

Edgy but classy is what I was aiming for! Caysie really made sure we nailed that.
:shock: I especially love that this ring is entirely unique to you, it's beautiful! :love:
The unexpected color and cut, the design and the blackened platinum making a frame that just anchors such saturation.
tumblr_n61w1vPajJ1rpduwho1_500.gif
This is seriously signature.

Thank you for the incredibly flattering compliment, I think you may have made me blush! Gary's work definitely required a worthy frame, and he said " I love to see unique designs for my stones and not the same old stuff." I really look forward to owning more of his gemstones in the future, and having some fun settings made for them. Oooo, I think you are right, this is absolutely now my signature piece.
Whoa! Super unique and very cool.

Thank you! I don't think I've ever owned a cool, unique ring before so thank you for sharing in the excitement with me.
Love love love!!!!

Oh, me too! Your Octavia is really what got me swooning over asscher cuts, so I owe you a big thank you for getting my wheels turning.

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
I love how unique it is and the black rhodium really makes the stone pop. Congratulations, it’s a work of art and love.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I admit I am quite smitten.

Edgy but classy is what I was aiming for! Caysie really made sure we nailed that.

Thank you for the incredibly flattering compliment, I think you may have made me blush! Gary's work definitely required a worthy frame, and he said " I love to see unique designs for my stones and not the same old stuff." I really look forward to owning more of his gemstones in the future, and having some fun settings made for them. Oooo, I think you are right, this is absolutely now my signature piece.

Thank you! I don't think I've ever owned a cool, unique ring before so thank you for sharing in the excitement with me.

Oh, me too! Your Octavia is really what got me swooning over asscher cuts, so I owe you a big thank you for getting my wheels turning.

It truly is, and it's worthy of a blush! You should be proud. It's exciting to see. These are the kinds of designs I just absolutely love.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love the black rhodium against the blue - it’s so striking. I’ve always thought clothes in black & navy look really chic and this has the same vibe but with some edge thrown in too!

(Are lab grown stones not allowed in SMTB? I couldn’t find this thread and didn’t think to look here for a while. What a shame this can’t get more prominent ‘airtime’.)

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this really is something else! I love absolutely everything about it, the colors together, the black gold, the gallery, the asscher just barely kissing your finger, the fact that it looks stunning yet not out of place for everyday... I could go on! You totally nailed it, I love that it's so unique and totally your own. Just wow, you did so well! So inspiring! I've got an asscher sapphire from Gary as well (different color) I've been wanting to set in black gold and this is my push to go for it :D

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I love how unique it is and the black rhodium really makes the stone pop. Congratulations, it’s a work of art and love.

Thank you so much! Initially the black rhodium had been left off by accident, but I'm so happy I insisted on it, because I really do think it adds the extra "oomph" for the sapphires that I was hoping to achieve. ^_^
I absolutely love the black rhodium against the blue - it’s so striking. I’ve always thought clothes in black & navy look really chic and this has the same vibe but with some edge thrown in too!

(Are lab grown stones not allowed in SMTB? I couldn’t find this thread and didn’t think to look here for a while. What a shame this can’t get more prominent ‘airtime’.)

Striking... I love that description, thank you!

Lab grown gemstones are still not allowed on the SMTB, and sadly that does mean that far fewer people will get to see this ring by having to post it here rather than there, but those are the rules. I disagree with them personally (selfishly, I like looking at all pieces regardless of gemstone type and would prefer a single location to scroll through instead of having to jump around), but I do not wish to cause issues for the moderators.

Wow, this really is something else! I love absolutely everything about it, the colors together, the black gold, the gallery, the asscher just barely kissing your finger, the fact that it looks stunning yet not out of place for everyday... I could go on! You totally nailed it, I love that it's so unique and totally your own. Just wow, you did so well! So inspiring! I've got an asscher sapphire from Gary as well (different color) I've been wanting to set in black gold and this is my push to go for it :D

Oh my gosh, you and ItsMainelyYou are going to give me a complex, thank you for the compliments! It is thrilling to know that others find a piece you lovingly created to be just as wonderful as you do. I wanted as much light to get to the stones as possible, and to somehow make it feel more dainty than the behemoth of a center stone initially allowed in my mind.

Ooo, do you mind sharing your inspo thoughts/pictures for your black gold setting? What color sapphire do you have? Later this year Gary is going to cut a set of light pink sapphire stones so I can have a 3-stone light pink sapphire ring in black gold made for my spouse (theirs will be a little more mainstream, they value low profile and comfort and have a 3 stone CZ/silver ring we bought as a test run we'll base the design off).

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Prettiest Sapphire Ring Ever. This is so awesome! I saw an angle shot and didn’t realize the main stone is set like a diamond. LOVE! Also, the high crown of your sapphire makes your ring even more gorgeous and dimensional. Congratulations on this beautiful ring.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! Initially the black rhodium had been left off by accident, but I'm so happy I insisted on it, because I really do think it adds the extra "oomph" for the sapphires that I was hoping to achieve. ^_^

Striking... I love that description, thank you!

Lab grown gemstones are still not allowed on the SMTB, and sadly that does mean that far fewer people will get to see this ring by having to post it here rather than there, but those are the rules. I disagree with them personally (selfishly, I like looking at all pieces regardless of gemstone type and would prefer a single location to scroll through instead of having to jump around), but I do not wish to cause issues for the moderators.

Oh my gosh, you and ItsMainelyYou are going to give me a complex, thank you for the compliments! It is thrilling to know that others find a piece you lovingly created to be just as wonderful as you do. I wanted as much light to get to the stones as possible, and to somehow make it feel more dainty than the behemoth of a center stone initially allowed in my mind.

Ooo, do you mind sharing your inspo thoughts/pictures for your black gold setting? What color sapphire do you have? Later this year Gary is going to cut a set of light pink sapphire stones so I can have a 3-stone light pink sapphire ring in black gold made for my spouse (theirs will be a little more mainstream, they value low profile and comfort and have a 3 stone CZ/silver ring we bought as a test run we'll base the design off).

Oh I'd love to see their test run ring for your next 3 stone, my aim is also the same, low profile and comfort.. although these asscher sapphires of Garys have big booties so I'm not sure how low profile I can really hope for.

Also, I love the teeny black bezel around the center stone! I love bezels but really want to allow as much light in as well.

Don't you just love the tiniest tables on these asschers? One of my fav parts.

My setting thoughts, I love 3 stones but already have one I wear all the time. I'd love to go 2 stone, but haven't got a 2nd stone, and this guy is already huge. I like asymmetrical designs, so right now I'm thinking an off-center cuff ring, or somehow make a signet/cigar style ring. Maybe an opal for the 2nd stone, but I also did impulsively buy 2 round jedi spinels.. anyway, I've attached my sapphire and ideas as requested! (This is also my 10th anniversary ring project oddly!)

IMG_4844.jpeg PNG image 2.png Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 2.06.31 PM.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So chic! I love it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the coolest rings I've ever seen, vintageinjune! :love: I adore how the colors work together. The stones are TDF, and the setting so perfectly showcases them! Wear in the best of health!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Prettiest Sapphire Ring Ever. This is so awesome! I saw an angle shot and didn’t realize the main stone is set like a diamond. LOVE! Also, the high crown of your sapphire makes your ring even more gorgeous and dimensional. Congratulations on this beautiful ring.

The high crown, tiny table combination is what really makes me feel like the lab sapphire is a work of art! It doesn't window, and all of that makes it pretty to look at from all angles. The stone appears less saturated from a profile view of course, but the gallery makes up for that. =) It is by far the prettiest of the three sapphire rings I own.
Oh I'd love to see their test run ring for your next 3 stone, my aim is also the same, low profile and comfort.. although these asscher sapphires of Garys have big booties so I'm not sure how low profile I can really hope for.

Also, I love the teeny black bezel around the center stone! I love bezels but really want to allow as much light in as well.

Don't you just love the tiniest tables on these asschers? One of my fav parts.

My setting thoughts, I love 3 stones but already have one I wear all the time. I'd love to go 2 stone, but haven't got a 2nd stone, and this guy is already huge. I like asymmetrical designs, so right now I'm thinking an off-center cuff ring, or somehow make a signet/cigar style ring. Maybe an opal for the 2nd stone, but I also did impulsively buy 2 round jedi spinels.. anyway, I've attached my sapphire and ideas as requested! (This is also my 10th anniversary ring project oddly!)

IMG_4844.jpeg PNG image 2.png Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 2.06.31 PM.png

OMG I looooooooove the color of that sapphire! Oh, it would pair so well with one of those jedi spinels in the blackened gold.... I'll be following to see where you go with this!

So the basic design for my spouse's future ring will be this:
berricle3stone.jpg
They prefer a more dainty look, so we'll probably do a 7.5mm cushion center and 4mm side stones, size 7.5, light pink sapphires and blackened gold/platinum. May or may not add the sculpted prongs onto their ring like mine (we have birds who like to chew on jewelry and I worry they'd snap the prong off if one isn't paying attention). I might try to figure out how to incorporate an open gallery like mine into the design though, for coordinating purposes. ;-) I'm also thinking I'll set the cushion kite set, like I did for my asscher.
So chic! I love it!

Thank you! Not gonna lie, I was surprised a bit by how powerful it feels to put this ring on. I don't think of myself as chic or stylish at all, but with this... well, it offers a different perspective for me for sure!
This is one of the coolest rings I've ever seen, vintageinjune! :love: I adore how the colors work together. The stones are TDF, and the setting so perfectly showcases them! Wear in the best of health!

High compliments coming from the owner of one of my dream rings! Your transitional lab diamond in the VC pink diamond Emilya halo still haunts me (in a good way!). I am exceedingly pleased that you think my ring is cool, so thank you for sharing that with me.

As with many others out there, our "in real life" friends and family just don't always get it. So, it is incredibly meaningful to me to share this with others who will also share in my joy.

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
First, to my spouse : It is hard to believe that ten plus years of marriage have already flown by. That saying "the days are long but the years are short" holds very true for our love story. You inspire me to be better, do better, to live and love the way I want, and always support me no matter what. Thank you for the first decade, of hopefully, many more to come.

Secondly, a huge thank you to Gene from Finewater Gems for the amazing 6.34 ct royal blue lab sapphire asscher he cut for me , it is truly breathtaking. Yes, depending on lighting, it does look like that in real life!

Thirdly, to Caysie, for bringing my crazy, poorly drawn sketch/ideas to life in a wearable work of art. I knew she was the perfect designer to capture my vision, and she was a delight to work with. She had the purple sapphire side stones custom re-cut to fit the ring from existing stock, and provided invaluable insight to make the ring beautiful and functional.

I'll add photos from my phone here in a bit, but here is the link to Caysie's glamour shots on IG:

What an incredible ring! It’s so cool, so modern - love the kite-set asscher and the black platinum. The colour combo is gorgeous ❤️

I’m so glad it got posted in a thread on SMTB otherwise I would’ve never spotted it ;-)

Out of interest, is there a reason to opt for black rhodium on platinum and not gold (is it because your setting is fine and needs platinum’s strength)? And do you know how the black rhodium will wear over time please? I’ve been lusting a black gold/plat ring but am conscious about the plating. Thanks!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
othWhat an incredible ring! It’s so cool, so modern - love the kite-set asscher and the black platinum. The colour combo is gorgeous ❤️

I’m so glad it got posted in a thread on SMTB otherwise I would’ve never spotted it ;-)

Out of interest, is there a reason to opt for black rhodium on platinum and not gold (is it because your setting is fine and needs platinum’s strength)? And do you know how the black rhodium will wear over time please? I’ve been lusting a black gold/plat ring but am conscious about the plating. Thanks!

I'm happy I could post it on the CvB eye candy thread, even if I can't give it it's own dedicated one on the SMTB forum, because sadly, many people who would otherwise have seen it won't. *shrugs*

We picked platinum because Caysie says the black rhodium sticks best to that over gold (and the weight on the shank can help aid in preventing spinning was another thought that crossed my mind).

Caysie did warn me that I will wear out the black rhodium on the sides where my fingers rub and the palm of my hand where I grab doors, etc., faster than everywhere else. How fast? Kinda depends on how often I wear it, and how acidic my skin is, and how many things I grab while wearing it. So, I might need to re-plate it every 6 months, or maybe once every few years. Time will tell! I'm not afraid of the upkeep though, as I knew about it going in. I mean, I dye my hair purple and to me that's even more of a commitment to upkeep than a ring.

@Mooshi said (from my other thread about the sapphire) " FWIW I had a black rhodium plated band that I wore all the time and am not careful with my jewelry, only the bottom side had tiny scratches after a few years. " That gave me some extra confidence too!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy I could post it on the CvB eye candy thread, even if I can't give it it's own dedicated one on the SMTB forum, because sadly, many people who would otherwise have seen it won't. *shrugs*

We picked platinum because Caysie says the black rhodium sticks best to that over gold (and the weight on the shank can help aid in preventing spinning was another thought that crossed my mind).

Caysie did warn me that I will wear out the black rhodium on the sides where my fingers rub and the palm of my hand where I grab doors, etc., faster than everywhere else. How fast? Kinda depends on how often I wear it, and how acidic my skin is, and how many things I grab while wearing it. So, I might need to re-plate it every 6 months, or maybe once every few years. Time will tell! I'm not afraid of the upkeep though, as I knew about it going in. I mean, I dye my hair purple and to me that's even more of a commitment to upkeep than a ring.

@Mooshi said (from my other thread about the sapphire) " FWIW I had a black rhodium plated band that I wore all the time and am not careful with my jewelry, only the bottom side had tiny scratches after a few years. " That gave me some extra confidence too!

Haha, love that you’re comparing the upkeep of black gold to purple hair! Your hair and your ring must be a killer combo!

Thanks for all the info on black gold. I might go and stalk a few pieces…

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I'm happy I could post it on the CvB eye candy thread, even if I can't give it it's own dedicated one on the SMTB forum, because sadly, many people who would
otherwise have seen it won't. *shrugs*

Yeah… PS is an awesome community and I hate to see it slow down.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely stunning and something different. It’s gorgeous, I can’t stop looking at it.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It’s absolutely stunning and something different. It’s gorgeous, I can’t stop looking at it.

Me too! It just looks so cool from any angle. I am sad that I have to send it back to get it resized a bit, but at least I have seen it in person and have plenty of photos to tide me over.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is ahmaaaaaaaaaaaaahzing. It is the night sky. It looks almost mystical, like it has access to forces beyond our perception. Seriously, so so cool. Thanks for sharing (and: I saw this on Caysie's IG, THANK GOODNESS you're a PSer [of course you are, haha] because I BADLY needed more photos of this ring).

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is ahmaaaaaaaaaaaaahzing. It is the night sky. It looks almost mystical, like it has access to forces beyond our perception. Seriously, so so cool. Thanks for sharing (and: I saw this on Caysie's IG, THANK GOODNESS you're a PSer [of course you are, haha] because I BADLY needed more photos of this ring).

Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who wonders ( or rather hopes?) some of the pieces I see on her IG pop up here on PS. I love our community of people who "get it".

I'll probably spam more photos here once I get it back and it fits on my finger better. Just a bit too tight going over the knuckle as it stands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results