shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing "Bertie" my new CvB Bespoke Engraved Halo

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So after almost a year of planning, conversations, CADs, more CADs and months of anxious waiting, Bertie is here!!! She's named after my beloved grandmother, from whom I inherited my love of jewelry. There's a photo of her below, with the ring!
Before I get to the details that I know you want, I have to echo the sentiments of so many...Caysie is an absolute doll to work with and is so incredibly talented it almost defies imagination! She is an amazing artist and I love my new heirloom ring. The quality definitely rivals that of Singlestone. The delicacy and intricacy is incredible!
I came to Caysie with a few things that I knew that I wanted: an engraved halo, similar to Rika's SS masterpiece, with a defined octagonal shape and a "flowy" gallery. The rest of it is all Caysie! The original CAD had a rose gold gallery, but after seeing it, we agreed that it should be solid platinum. The stone is a 10mm GIA J/SI1(eye clean) circular brilliant that Caysie sourced for me. The ring is a size 6, but probably needs to be sized down to a 5 3/4. I'm wearing it with my SS hex band for now, which I actually really like! Onto photos! First are Caysie's, then a few of my own (less impressive) attempts!
Caysie #6.jpg Caysie #2.jpg
Caysie #1.jpg Caysie #3.jpg
Handshot 2.jpg Cotton.jpg
Handshot.jpg 10mm J.SI1 #2.jpg
Bertie 2.jpg

Attachments

• Handshot 3.jpg
    Handshot 3.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is truly beautiful! And I love the patterning in the stone :love:. It looks perfect on your hand too. Congrats!

(Funny enough, the ring that CvB is working on for me is also named after my grandmother and for the same reason as well as a few others :razz:)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring!!! Gorgeous detailing by Caysie. Your ring is so beautiful from every angle. A worthy home for your gorgeous stone.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Plpinkinsa, thank you!

Whitewave-I'm not on IG, but I heard that it had been posted and I knew that people here would be wondering if it belonged to a PSer or not. Had my son not come home early from school sick, I would have been able to post yesterday! Dang kid's illness getting in the way of bling!

Yimmers, thanks!

ILikeShiny-I can't wait to see your ring and love that it's also inspired by your grandmother. Mine would have loved this ring and I'll think of her every time I look at it. Any update on your ring?

plad25-thank you!

Acinom-thank you! given that your collection is TDF, that's quite a compliment!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well hello there! You've just created yourself a new heirloom.
Very nice, very nice indeed!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILikeShiny-I can't wait to see your ring and love that it's also inspired by your grandmother. Mine would have loved this ring and I'll think of her every time I look at it. Any update on your ring?
Yes, but nothing good. No need to drag your thread down with the details o_O. Let's just bask in the beauty of Bertie and toast to our grandmothers!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's absolutely gorgeous yenny!! :love::love::love: The details of the setting are just beautiful and the diamond is fabulous. And oh my gosh talk about finger coverage! :dance::clap:Congrats on your new beauty Bertie!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beauty - I love the intricate detailing and that gorgeous huge centre!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely exquisite!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and I adore the finger coverage!!! :love: You know we'd looooove more photos!!! :twisted2:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AlexT, aww thanks!

Junebug, you know that your ring always takes my breath away, so I'm honored that you like Bertie!

foxinsox, ecf8503, thank you so much!

ac117, per your request, I'm working on it!... LOL

Last edited:

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love the sentiment behind your ring. What a lovely tribute to your grandmother. And the setting has such great movement! No matter what angle, it just flows together beautifully.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The details on this ring are stunning (not to mention the already impressive mm size). :love: This is one of those rings that women just like me will be admiring from across a crowded room (or while washing hands in a public restroom:shock:).:mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS, Bertie!!! :love:
She's BEAUTIFUL, Yennyfire!!! I am in awe!! I love the stone, and the setting fits her perfectly!! Caysie is marvelous!! The more I see her work, the more I want to work with her!!
Cherish that "bespoken" beauty!! She's in a class all of her own!!
:clap:
CRM

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - love the engraved halo! The stone is very pretty as well and is showcased so well in the new setting. Does this ring replace your oval or is it just an alternative to the oval?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
windblown, thanks! Grandma Bertie is definitely smiling down on me and this ring.

elle77125, you made me LOL! I'd be oogling this ring from across the room too! I really can't believe she's mine! Feels kind of surreal!

Matthews, thank you! Caysie is a dream maker, that's for sure!

MGR, thanks for your kind words! I'd NEVER sell my oval (unless we were in dire financial straits). This ring replaces my SS three stone, which I adore, but always wished was a bit larger. I will wear this as an E-ring on my left hand and I don't anticipate that DSS will ever rear her ugly head. This is IT for me size wise!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

ME LOVES! Beautiful beautiful beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire...it's a lovely ring for a beautiful person which you are, inside and out.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Yenny, it is gorgeous! I really really love it! The gallery is perfect, and the size is perfect on you. What a great addition to your collection!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, Yenny, it is gorgeous! I really really love it! The gallery is perfect, and the size is perfect on you. What a great addition to your collection!
Thanks luv! Given your gorgeous family of jewels, I'm flattered that you like it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, Bertie looks so wonderful on you. =)2 The setting is beautiful, as you would expect from Caysie, and it totally complements your stunning, huge, gorgeous stone. :love::love::love: And I do so love the 8 sided shape of the ring. It feels so complete, IYKWIM. Congratulations on such a successful project and enjoy this stunning heirloom ring for many years to come.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your new Bertie masterpiece! I loooove the engraved halo and really everything about it! Wear it in much happiness in honor of your beloved grandmother! It's fabulous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results