shape
carat
color
clarity

Intricate Galleries and Under Galleries

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I LOVE Gracie and the ring! I miss my kitties so much. My daughter is trying to adopt two babies but she is having a really hard time right now with everything going on.

Aww I am so sorry you miss your sweet kitties. I know how you are feeling. I still cry every day over Francesca and Fred. I miss them so much. My heart hurts. (((Hugs))) to you.

Gosh I don't know what advice to give you and her. I know you didn't ask for my advice lol but I cannot help but think out loud to this dilemma. When you say she is having a hard time do you mean it is hard for her to find 2 furry babies to adopt or do you mean she is wrestling with the thought of adopting them during this pandemic?

So many rescue animals need homes now more than ever because some families who adopted do not have the resources to keep their animals with what is going on in the world. So she would be doing a big mitzvah by adopting two babies. But it is an additional stressor right now with the pandemic and it can be harder to get supplies. So far we are good with getting cat food and meds we need for them but there is the potential for it being harder to get. Depending how long this continues.

I am of a mixed mind here sorry. We adopted Gracie when the pandemic was just ramping up and I don't regret it despite the fact life would be easier with fewer cats. 4 is a bit much for me now especially with 2 of them kittens and one of the older cats not well.

Whatever you both decide I wish your DD all the best with her new furry babies if she does go that route.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I am so sorry you miss your sweet kitties. I know how you are feeling. I still cry every day over Francesca and Fred. I miss them so much. My heart hurts. (((Hugs))) to you.

Gosh I don't know what advice to give you and her. I know you didn't ask for my advice lol but I cannot help but think out loud to this dilemma. When you say she is having a hard time do you mean it is hard for her to find 2 furry babies to adopt or do you mean she is wrestling with the thought of adopting them during this pandemic?

So many rescue animals need homes now more than ever because some families who adopted do not have the resources to keep their animals with what is going on in the world. So she would be doing a big mitzvah by adopting two babies. But it is an additional stressor right now with the pandemic and it can be harder to get supplies. So far we are good with getting cat food and meds we need for them but there is the potential for it being harder to get. Depending how long this continues.

I am of a mixed mind here sorry. We adopted Gracie when the pandemic was just ramping up and I don't regret it despite the fact life would be easier with fewer cats. 4 is a bit much for me now especially with 2 of them kittens and one of the older cats not well.

Whatever you both decide I wish your DD all the best with her new furry babies if she does go that route.

No, she is having a very hard time finding two babies to adopt. I keep telling her to be patient, that baby season is almost upon us. There have been several that she has tried to adopt but she is always 3 or 4th on the list. Never the first one in. I guess these days you have to monitor non stop and as soon as a baby goes up on the sites, get your name in immediately.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, she is having a very hard time finding two babies to adopt. I keep telling her to be patient, that baby season is almost upon us. There have been several that she has tried to adopt but she is always 3 or 4th on the list. Never the first one in. I guess these days you have to monitor non stop and as soon as a baby goes up on the sites, get your name in immediately.

We have so many babies here who need homes. I don't know where you are located but I do know the head of our local rescue organization would probably be willing to introduce them to your DD online and then be willing to get them to here depending where she lives. A good home is precious and where there is a will there is a way...

As an aside did you see "The Cat Rescuers" on Amazon Prime? It highlights the local rescue groups here in Brooklyn and the amazing job they do. It is a heartwarming film. Tara is the person I am talking about as the person who would be (probably) willing to help your DD. I say probably because if you aren't located in the states I would say no but if you are then I think there is potential. And kitten season was all year this year and last for some reason...and I worry because lots of ferals are no longer getting spayed and neutered due to Covid 19 so I shudder to think of all the extra babies there will be on the streets soon. :(

Sorry for the thread jack @Catmom !

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have so many babies here who need homes. I don't know where you are located but I do know the head of our local rescue organization would probably be willing to introduce them to your DD online and then be willing to get them to here depending where she lives. A good home is precious and where there is a will there is a way...

As an aside did you see "The Cat Rescuers" on Amazon Prime? It highlights the local rescue groups here in Brooklyn and the amazing job they do. It is a heartwarming film. Tara is the person I am talking about as the person who would be (probably) willing to help your DD. I say probably because if you aren't located in the states I would say no but if you are then I think there is potential. And kitten season was all year this year and last for some reason...and I worry because lots of ferals are no longer getting spayed and neutered due to Covid 19 so I shudder to think of all the extra babies there will be on the streets soon. :(

Sorry for the thread jack @Catmom !

Aww, threadjack away, especially about kitties! You are so, so sweet to try and help her. We are in the Chicagoland area so you would think there would be a lot but not so much. She wants two at the same time and young so that they can grow up together and there be no territorial issues. I don't know if it's because she wants two at the same time or what but she's been trying since January with no luck. Around here they post the new kittens/cats on the recue site and you email in that you want it. They will then set up an interview and bring the cat/kitten. If they like you then you take it right then. But you have to be the first one in and that's where she keeps missing out. She is looking at the local shelters around here. I'll let her know about Tara. I'm sure that we will be overrun with kitties soon. It's getting to be that time of year. It's just disappointing to keep missing out.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy galleries and backs are my jam! It is early here in CA and DH is still sleeping so I cant go in and grab pieces to photograph but I love looking at everyones. I picked my setting in my avatar for the gallery work. I still love it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy galleries and backs are my jam! It is early here in CA and DH is still sleeping so I cant go in and grab pieces to photograph but I love looking at everyones. I picked my setting in my avatar for the gallery work. I still love it.

Surely he's awake by now @luv2sparkle. Where are the pics??????? :lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1C8308AF-E162-4B69-BC7A-3BB10AA3703A.jpeg

The modern ruby & diamond Art Deco target ring has a pretty intricate gallery :)

Wow, that's a gorgeous ruby ring caolsen!! I love everything about it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many stunning rings! Here is my BGD Truth head, I fell in love with it because of the hearts on all sides and a flush fitting band. 20200419_195600.jpg

Lovely!!!! Nice backyard scene too!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@elle_71125 can you post pics of the ring fronts? I'm sure they're as stunning as the backs!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I was doing some jewelry cleaning this morning. After all what better thing to do on a snowy morning, right? It struck me that I really have a thing for intricate galleries and under galleries on my Jewelry. I know there is a thread for galleries but I don't think I've seen one for under galleries. I'd love to see everyone's fancy galleries and under galleries if you would share! I'll start with a few pictures I took of mine.

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_2912.JPG

DSC_2900.JPG

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

A kindred spirit

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I LOVE Gracie and the ring! I miss my kitties so much. My daughter is trying to adopt two babies but she is having a really hard time right now with everything going on.

Kitten season is upon us, there will be oodles to choose from

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results