shape
carat
color
clarity

Interpret Megascope for me please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
did a search and did not see the answer - even went to OGI systems site and did not see the answer for the layman - can someone tell me what the INTENSITY value is measuring on a Megascope report
33.gif
- they seem to have one for the Arrows and one for the Hearts - we are hoping to find a stone that prominently displays the arrows in various lighting conditions (rather than just in an idealscope) - guessing (and I mean guessing) - that these Intensity figures relate to how prominent the arrows are - is that true - or am I just flat out wrong -

and if I am right - what intensity % would you need to get to for the arrows to be prominent in the stone outside of the idealscope

and like I said - if I am totally off base - please let me know -

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want intense arrows, you may want to look into Eight Stars and stones with a pavilion angle <=40.6

dfb

Rough_Rock
Thanks Julie for your inputs - I really appreciate it - so less than 40.6 pavillion angle is something we should consider looking at to get some ideas - but forgive me - what is an 8 star - I assume a ''cut'' - where could I find those to see what they look like?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eight Star is a branded H&A known for their edge-to-edge red, as well as the New Line ACAs, but not to the same degree as Eight Stars. http://www.eightstar.com/ Wink Jones and Dimend Scaasi are retailers.

Also, shorter LGF and a lower crown angle may give you the same effect.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like these
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=875855
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-231889.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232076.htm

Other than 8*, no one else really cuts for the star beyond usual H&A parameters, so it may be a little hard to find. You can kind of weed them out as I've showed you and by looking at pictures, but it is a difficult thing to discern- just a little darker black, just a little fatter arrows, and you need someone on the other end to verify if it actually displays a more prominent star than usual.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Maybe Rhino (if you catch this thread) could explain where the Intensity and B/D/S graphs come from on your Megascope's reports. I haven't seen them elsewhere. Are they part of the OGI software? Some plugin or something, or do you just add them after?

The first I saw these intensities, I thought they were simply just the computed average pixel intensity of the accompanying image. My calculations didn't match the figures reported, so I assumed yours must have been either measured optically, calculated through ray tracing or the image had been been darkened/lightened for display.

I also thought the B/D/S graphs were just pulled from a GemEx report, but the ratings differ sometimes radically, so there's some different lighting scheme or calculation going on.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, maybe Rhino can enlighten us here. I have once looked at this OGI-score, and did not understand it. And asking the OGI-people did not help either.

On another note, to Dave Atlass, this should be very important. If a machine gives scores, that we cannot understand and that the personnel involved fails to explain clearly, it is a lost effort. If you want Imagem to work and be successful, more information is needed.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results