Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Interpret Megascope for me please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
did a search and did not see the answer - even went to OGI systems site and did not see the answer for the layman - can someone tell me what the INTENSITY value is measuring on a Megascope report
- they seem to have one for the Arrows and one for the Hearts - we are hoping to find a stone that prominently displays the arrows in various lighting conditions (rather than just in an idealscope) - guessing (and I mean guessing) - that these Intensity figures relate to how prominent the arrows are - is that true - or am I just flat out wrong -

and if I am right - what intensity % would you need to get to for the arrows to be prominent in the stone outside of the idealscope

and like I said - if I am totally off base - please let me know -

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want intense arrows, you may want to look into Eight Stars and stones with a pavilion angle <=40.6

dfb

Rough_Rock
Thanks Julie for your inputs - I really appreciate it - so less than 40.6 pavillion angle is something we should consider looking at to get some ideas - but forgive me - what is an 8 star - I assume a ''cut'' - where could I find those to see what they look like?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eight Star is a branded H&A known for their edge-to-edge red, as well as the New Line ACAs, but not to the same degree as Eight Stars. http://www.eightstar.com/ Wink Jones and Dimend Scaasi are retailers.

Also, shorter LGF and a lower crown angle may give you the same effect.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like these
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131&item=875855
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-231889.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232076.htm

Other than 8*, no one else really cuts for the star beyond usual H&A parameters, so it may be a little hard to find. You can kind of weed them out as I've showed you and by looking at pictures, but it is a difficult thing to discern- just a little darker black, just a little fatter arrows, and you need someone on the other end to verify if it actually displays a more prominent star than usual.

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Maybe Rhino (if you catch this thread) could explain where the Intensity and B/D/S graphs come from on your Megascope's reports. I haven't seen them elsewhere. Are they part of the OGI software? Some plugin or something, or do you just add them after?

The first I saw these intensities, I thought they were simply just the computed average pixel intensity of the accompanying image. My calculations didn't match the figures reported, so I assumed yours must have been either measured optically, calculated through ray tracing or the image had been been darkened/lightened for display.

I also thought the B/D/S graphs were just pulled from a GemEx report, but the ratings differ sometimes radically, so there's some different lighting scheme or calculation going on.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, maybe Rhino can enlighten us here. I have once looked at this OGI-score, and did not understand it. And asking the OGI-people did not help either.

On another note, to Dave Atlass, this should be very important. If a machine gives scores, that we cannot understand and that the personnel involved fails to explain clearly, it is a lost effort. If you want Imagem to work and be successful, more information is needed.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Indian Wedding Inspiration 2021
    Indian Wedding Inspiration 2021
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.