shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting Spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Gray SpineL?
I know I''m definitely no expert, but I''ve never seen a gray (?) spinel before. Plus, it''s portuguese cut! The depth is okay, too (6.3mm with a depth of 4.5). Do you think it''s a "different" but pretty stone or that it''ll be way too dark and extinction-ed to be very pretty?

b_ysp198bw.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
They can be nice looking or they can be sorta blah.
If they are bright and silvery they are kewl if they are dull and coal like well they are dull and coal like.
Dont pay too much for them they arent worth much.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vast majority are gra-ish, only not cut for jewelry. Sort of pitty, if you are a design-crazed person always looking for the most unusual
31.gif

Sites like Thaigem and Cresla lists dozens of gray and grayish spinel: just forget the labels and look at the color!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Several have caught my eye. They look kind of "platinumish." I''m imagining one set with split shank, pave, set with claw type prongs, ala Leon Mege......
18.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would love to see a well cut gray spinel
4.gif
it could be the centerpiece of a very unique piece of jewelry
36.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a spinel like this and it''s gorgeous. It has a lovely scintillation, flashing from dark gray to bright silver. Bluish in daylight, purplish in incandescence, but on the whole a sort of platinum gray.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Pictures!!!!!!!! Pictures!!!!!! We want pictures!!!!!
3.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I have to wait for the sun to come out. It''s been gray & rainy for the past couple of days.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just posted pictures here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results