shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting side views - post ''em!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
I only recently started paying attention to this angle on rings and Ms. Luna's magnificent fleur-de-lis ring got me going. Anyone have cool side views to share?

Just yesterday I found this one (2.58 ct OM cushion) with a beautiful bow detail:

bowring123.jpg

bluescharm

Rough_Rock
Oh, i LOVE that setting!!

Ninama--I have seen some of your posts about pink diamonds- I love them too! I am seriously considering buying a pink-brown diamond but am having trouble comparing prices since there are so few. I saw a post you had from a few months ago with this one in it:
Fancy Pink Brown Radiant, 1.49 ct, SI2 - GIA certfied. $7,450. Can you tell me where you found that, if it''s still for sale?

Also, I love your french cut diamond halo photoshop pics! Is there any way to use non-round diamonds in a pear halo? I''m guessing not, but if so I''d love to see some examples!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
here''s my little pretty... three sided pave - but the side view is my favorite. I love how you can see the whole diamond.

And, I think there might have been a thread about this before, but I can''t be certain. anyways, I love seeing new and interesting rings!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
you should check out ms. luna''s thread on her fluer de lis E-Ring the side view is stunning

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine. I love my split shank!

DSC01170.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
One more

jmtring08.JPG

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine, FWIW. There was a thread w/ interesting side views a few months ago, I believe.

DSCN8012 5_6.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
It's great to see these views... fantastic rings.

*Bluescharm* I can't find that stone available on my usual pink diamond haunts, but you can compare a LOT of rocks at these sites (based on the photo in that thread, I'm sure it must have come from one of these three):

Leibish & Co., in particular, seems to have some low(er) priced, largish (1+ ct) pinks. They're mixed in with much more expensive stones, so I guess they're appropriately priced for what they are...

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/Pink_Diamonds

http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_pink_diamonds/

http://www.amgad.com/Pink_Diamonds.asp

ETA one more site:

http://www.original-diamonds.com/pink_diamonds.php?type=Pink&page=1

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock

Great thread. I love how distinct rings are from the side view. Here is mine... it''s a ritani setting.

I am still trying to figure out a wedding band. I hate to cover up the pave.

IMG_0746 web.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 4:11:14 PM
Author:Ninama
I only recently started paying attention to this angle on rings and Ms. Luna''s magnificent fleur-de-lis ring got me going. Anyone have cool side views to share?

Just yesterday I found this one (2.58 ct OM cushion) with a beautiful bow detail:

I love this!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bow ring is so pretty.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Definitely my favorite picture of my Fiancé’s ring, and it just happens to be.........A side view.

gffDSC00857.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 4:49:38 PM
Author: pauly1

Definitely my favorite picture of my Fiancé’s ring, and it just happens to be.........A side view.
That is a stunning shot of a masterpiece of a ring.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 5:38:49 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 5/6/2008 4:49:38 PM
Author: pauly1

That is a stunning shot of a masterpiece of a ring.
Thanks Gwendolyn!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 12:21:02 PM
Author: SanchezVVV
Great thread. I love how distinct rings are from the side view. Here is mine... it''s a ritani setting.

sanchez, g
30.gif
rgeous setting! especially love how the diamond profile is completely exposed. not to mention the pave! i went back and looked up your SMTR thread (and saved all your pics in my inspiration file
28.gif
) i''ve never seen that ritani before... which one is it?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
30.gif
surfgirl i can not get enough of your ring. my goodness.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread!

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
wow...they are all so beautiful! When I told my bf what I wanted, I never even thought about side views.
Question...how much do you notice the side views IRL....and does anyone else ever notice or is it something more for 'you?'

BTW, SANCHEZ...you have that and your sister has that killer EC?!! WOW...lucky family[ :appl:] !! Both are TDF!

PAULY...you should be the 'SIDE VIEW KING'... there is no comparison to the new dimensions your FI's ring intro's from the side....YOU did an amazing job. I've followed your story all along...and I can't imagine there's even a tiny thing you'd change...you thought of EVERYTHING!
19.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl -- Your ring is simply perfection.
30.gif
It is so outstandingly beautiful! Thanks for posting those pics!

Here is my "interesting side view" .... My favorite view of my ring.

Sparksprofileagain.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Another similar but still interesting side view of my ring.

I love the pics everyone is sharing ... love the detail! Keep em coming!

Sparks another profile detail shot.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Spark, that first photo is amazing in it''s crispness!

That first photo is also gorgeous of that bow detailing. *sigh*

I''m loving the side views but I also find it interesting which "side" people choose to show. I suppose there are two sides, the side of the shank (or shoulder?) and the horizontal side profile? I''d like to more shoulder shots too...I''m finding I really love the details from the sides on all the above rings. Nice thread idea.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 5:14:31 PM
Author: GemALLogist
wow...they are all so beautiful! When I told my bf what I wanted, I never even thought about side views.
Question...how much do you notice the side views IRL....and does anyone else ever notice or is it something more for ''you?''

BTW, SANCHEZ...you have that and your sister has that killer EC?!! WOW...lucky family[ :appl:] !! Both are TDF!

PAULY...you should be the ''SIDE VIEW KING''... there is no comparison to the new dimensions your FI''s ring intro''s from the side....YOU did an amazing job. I''ve followed your story all along...and I can''t imagine there''s even a tiny thing you''d change...you thought of EVERYTHING!
19.gif
Thanks Gem! It''s been 4 months and she still loves it :)

This is a great thread, keep them coming!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 6:42:33 PM
Author: surfgirl

I''m loving the side views but I also find it interesting which ''side'' people choose to show. I suppose there are two sides, the side of the shank (or shoulder?) and the horizontal side profile? I''d like to more shoulder shots too...I''m finding I really love the details from the sides on all the above rings. Nice thread idea.
Thanks Surfgirl!

I thought of you as I was posting this pic to my thread .... It''s more of a side, side view of the shoulder like you were indicating you would like to see. Good idea. It''s interesting about how we all interpret "side" view differently ... Speaking of that .. I love that "side" view of your ring as well. I thought the diamond was gorgeous but the entire ring is really just magnificent. I drool every time I see it!

Pauly - I can imagine that your FI still loves her ring 4 months later ... heck, I still love it and I haven''t even had the pleasure of wearing it or even seeing it in person.
7.gif

Sparks side side.jpg

krockie

Shiny_Rock
This is my side view. The leaves were our art nouveau inspiration. I never get tired of looking at it! The diamond is 1.02 carats, SI2, J. The wedding band fits into the curve of the ering.

megring220022.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, everyones rings are so gorgeous!!!!

Date: 5/8/2008 11:08:27 AM
Author: krockie
This is my side view.
Do you have a thread with more pictures? I don't remember seeing your ring before... it is beautiful, it flows so well!!!!

Here are my side views (see avatar for another):

bezeled.0002.JPG

wband.handshot.06.JPG

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing rings, ladies...
30.gif
Thanks for posting your beautiful pics!

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 9:07:56 AM
Author: chickpea

Date: 5/6/2008 12:21:02 PM
Author: SanchezVVV

sanchez, g
30.gif
rgeous setting! especially love how the diamond profile is completely exposed. not to mention the pave! i went back and looked up your SMTR thread (and saved all your pics in my inspiration file
28.gif
) i''ve never seen that ritani before... which one is it?

Thank you so much! It''s a really beautiful setting from every angle, which is why we fell in love with it in the first place. I''ll admit I am still distracted by it quite a bit :) I am not sure about the name or number of it... but this is it on the ritani website in their Modern Collection: http://www.ritani.com/collections/view/4. We got it at Solomon Brothers in Atlanta, who are great people to work with. Thanks again for the kind words...

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 5:14:31 PM
Author: GemALLogist
Question...how much do you notice the side views IRL....and does anyone else ever notice or is it something more for ''you?''

PAULY...you should be the ''SIDE VIEW KING''... there is no comparison to the new dimensions your FI''s ring intro''s from the side....YOU did an amazing job. I''ve followed your story all along...and I can''t imagine there''s even a tiny thing you''d change...you thought of EVERYTHING!
19.gif
Thanks so much! We are spoiled rotten by the men in our lives for sure... My dad set the bar pretty high. Poor guys :)

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 12:21:19 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 5/7/2008 6:42:33 PM
Author: surfgirl

I''m loving the side views but I also find it interesting which ''side'' people choose to show. I suppose there are two sides, the side of the shank (or shoulder?) and the horizontal side profile? I''d like to more shoulder shots too...I''m finding I really love the details from the sides on all the above rings. Nice thread idea.
Thanks Surfgirl!

I thought of you as I was posting this pic to my thread .... It''s more of a side, side view of the shoulder like you were indicating you would like to see. Good idea. It''s interesting about how we all interpret ''side'' view differently ... Speaking of that .. I love that ''side'' view of your ring as well. I thought the diamond was gorgeous but the entire ring is really just magnificent. I drool every time I see it!

Pauly - I can imagine that your FI still loves her ring 4 months later ... heck, I still love it and I haven''t even had the pleasure of wearing it or even seeing it in person.
7.gif
Thanks Sparkalicious! If you''re ever in NY......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results