shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me profile shots of your rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,

I would love to see profile shots of rings. I think my prongs look thick and chunky at the bottom, but I understand that for stability they have to have a certain thickness. What are some heads out there that minimize the amount of metal obstructing the diamond? What kind of heads let the diamond sit low on the finger?

Thanks in advance! Here''s mine. Still waiting for FF to give it to me, so no hand shots yet. Diamond is a .79 F VS2.

urseberry-ring4.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Urseberry- your ring is lovely! Can''t wait to see more photos
1.gif

Attached is a profile of my e-ring: Blue Nile trellis setting, with a .91 round, size 6.

wannabeluci1.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is the Whiteflash Legato Sleek Line Solitaire

SWNR41.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my legacy replica from DBL...

1.06 asscher/sq. em.

halowband1234.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine. It''s a Kobelli setting.

cmsflyring02.jpg

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Mine are pretty chunky - its a .50 center stone

canaryprofile009.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the profile of my ering with .90ct I VS1 Emerald Cut and micropave halo. My prongs are quite thick too, but I'm glad because I'm hard on my hands. That's also why I'm glad the head sits low.

profring.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
urseberry, what setting is that?? it looks like my first love from knox, that i vetoed for the same reason!! the prongs are really big compared to the rest of it!!

...ahhh but i still love it.
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's mine. Wow it's a big picture!

SB profile.jpg

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
Hi folks

Two settings for you. Ritani is very low to the
finger, Beverly K twice as high:

Endless Love 1.3C:

Profileritani.jpg

thekinglives

Rough_Rock
Bev K something-or-other with 1C aquamarine:

ProfilebeverlyK.jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Urseberry I love your prongs, but maybe I am partial because my prongs are pretty darn similar. I love the long sleek lines and the height and presence it gives the diamonds. Here is mine, its a 1.05ct I VS1.

Hmm.... looks like I dont have a great side shot of the prongs. I will take some later tonight when I am home from work!

Jazzy Engagement 9-21-07 016 (Small).jpg

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Here is another shot....

Jazzy Engagement 9-21-07 Crack 007 (Small).jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is very pretty urseberry!

Here''s a profile shot of my wf tiffany knife edge classic solitaire. It is set quite low. Nice that I don''t bang it on hardly anything but I do miss some aspects of my much higher set original ring........it seemed to make the stone look bigger to me set higher.

profileshotofwftiffanyknifeedgeclassic.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. Jenn, I am trying to figure out if the diamond set high or in a setting like yours, makes the diamond pop more. My diamond is a 1.76 carat round, and it looks big from the top, but the deep "V" head, which stands tall, I think is what makes it appear smaller. If I had a more "cuplike" solstice head, or U prong head, I think it would appear wider from the side. Jenn your ring is beautiful, as is everyone else who posted!

my e-ring set high.jpg

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Urse, I love your ring! How much longer, do you think, before you get to wear it?!

Here''s my profile - It''s not high, but not low.. just kinda in the middle..

Profile2112607.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is probably a better pic that displays how tall the ring is , seen from the side.

Deep V.jpg

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Grr.. I forgot to save my resize! Sorry!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
here is the profile of my vatche x-prong w/ cushion.

IMG_058155[1].jpg

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock

urseberry:

my profile is very similar to yours as well, so I know what you mean about the prongs looking "chunky" at the bottom.

However, I think your ring is lovely!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

profilecrb1122.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a bezel set halo, but I think I''ll play anyway.
1.gif

original.aspx

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your ring is lovely, Urseberry! It looks like it''s holding the stone fairly high off your finger: could that be contributing to the "chunky" effect, do you think? Like LtP, mine''s a little different from the traditional solitaire, but the thread''s too fun to pass up ....

RainbowProfile.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully I will be able to take better pics of my ring when I do my earring photo shoot after this Friday, but I have a couple of not so great pics I''ll post for now...

My 1.03 cushion in a Jeff Cooper setting on the left and the 1.01 cushion I bought for my mother in a temp setting on the right.

IMG_1140abc.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is slightly clearer. I really do need a new camera for christmas!

IMG_1166abc.JPG

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Thank you so much for all the pictures, and another big thank you to everyone who said my ring is pretty. I''m constantly impressed by how nice everyone is here.
36.gif

sunnyd, when I try to post the name of the vendor that supplied the diamond and setting, I get an "unknown error." I assume this is because of the history of this vendor badmouthing Pricescope, the details of which I only found out about after I picked out the ring. I also considered the Knox Pave Petite, but decided on channel-set princess sidestones over the bead-set rounds on the Knox.

Stephanie, I hope to wear it in under a month, but I don''t mind waiting because I don''t need a ring in order to start planning a wedding!

Jenn, beau, I do think high settings make center stones "pop" more and appear larger.

I started this thread because I thought it would be neat to see lots of profile shots in one place. Maybe it will help someone down the road decide on what type of head they want. And I didn''t mean to exclude three stone or bezel settings or any other kind of setting - all are welcome!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eternity9.JPG

my asscher eternity ring

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
nebering2.JPG

.61 RB from Christian Bernard
1.gif
35.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Es mio - .62 G VS1 EC in a Richard Kremmetz setting.

elmortonpro.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring has very thick prongs at the bottom, too. I didn''t have a preference about the prongs, and FI liked them that way, so that''s what we got. I guess mine is set high, but I''m still in that swooning love phase with my ring that I can''t possibly fathom changing anything!

Here''s the closest thing to a profile shot that I have:

PSprofile.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. I really wanted a low profile with subtle prongs. This setting has tiny prongs and the diamond is mostly held in by the sides.

ringy06.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results