shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting examples

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here are two stones were posted today on Pricescope auction by Whiteflash.

and

Since there were many requests for Ideal-Scope and DiamCalc simulations I decided to take a closer look at the information provided.

Whiteflash did a good job by getting 3D Sarin scan for these diamonds and importing it into DiamCalc. Unlike ordinary Sarin report with average crown and pavilion angles, 3D Sarin scans comprise measurements of each diamond facet and hence give better presentation of a diamond.

) to generate diamond pictures with different lighting including Ideal-Scope. We are also able to create a movie with tilting diamond. Plus, we are able to run the cut evaluation for these diamonds to estimate light return, light leakage and contrast (important feature for human perception of brilliance and scintillation).

What is interesting about these diamonds is that they are not cut to ideal proportions according to AGS grading system. They are falling in AGS grades 5 and 6 because of the shallow crowns: 30.5°.

Now if we'd look at the ideal-scope pictures, we'll see virtually no light leakage.

110fsi2.jpg
108dsi2.jpg

).

Light Leakage calculation for these diamonds is significantly better than any traditional ideal cut diamonds: 1.11 and 1.26.

Contrast: 0.94 and 0.87 which is fairly good.

: 0.3 and 0.5

. They look larger for their carat weight. E.g. 1.08 carat stone has 6.78 mm diameter. For comparison, Tolkowsky cut diamond of the same weight will have 6.62mm diameter, steep/deep AGS0 - 6.57mm.

Finally, the price of these diamonds is $1,000 less than similar AGS0 diamonds.

Conclusion. This sort of diamonds can be a good option for those who doesn't want to pay extra $1000 (20%) for AGS-ideal cut but still want to get a nice stone.
[/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u][/u]

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the interesting information. The more I learn, the more I want to know!!!

:wavey:

Cola

Rough_Rock
Wow! Talk about finding excellent diamonds in the rough! It goes to show several things:

1) You can find excellend diamonds that are not GIA or AGS certified (and not pay the premium)

2) You can find excellend diamonds that are not ideal cut diamonds and get a great deal!

I love the way these diamonds have been presented in the auction too. So much more information and the entire diamond information can be downloaded and viewed with GemAdviser! This might revolutionalize how diamonds are sold over the internet!

Really amazing!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Did you guys try GemAdviser? The rocking diamond movie is really impressive.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge - I did try the new gemadvisor and it is very nice. I downloaded the proportions of my diamond, but I am a little curious - in the summary it gave the carat size as .79 - my diamond is 1.705 - would this effect the outcome? I am just curious - I am very happy with my diamond - and the reults on gemadvisor were excellent - but I am just curious.

Thanks again!!:appl:

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Is this the first time we are seeing GemAdviser in use for selling diamonds?

I am also preparing a cd to my customers. In the cd there is gemAdviser and the stones I got.

S

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sibelius :)

Since you have GemAdviser files ready, why don't you post some of your stones here too? We have quite a few Europeans browsing this site.

:wavey:

Iiro

Shiny_Rock
Hi Leonid,

Good idea. Will look into it.:)

S

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results