Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sat

Rough_Rock
I would like to insure a loose diamond until I have it set but cannot find any companies that will do so. (I have contacted Chubb and jewelersmutual). Does anyone know of a company that will insure a loose stone?

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
My insurance company also won't insure loose diamonds. My plan is just be extremely careful until I have my new diamond set. That means no playing with it around the sink. No bringing it out around the dogs, "Ooooh, is that a treat for moi?" You get the picture.

Heather

sat

Rough_Rock
I understand your point. However, acceptable risk is relative and subjective. For me, I would prefer not to gamble with the one of the largest purchases that I will ever make.

Binister

Rough_Rock
Just have the stone set in a cheap setting (~$100) and then have it insured. That is what I planned to do but luckily found a setting before I ordered the stone!

sketch

Rough_Rock
Heck just go by a pawnshop and buy the cheapest thing they've got....100 bucks is serious money for a formality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.