shape
carat
color
clarity

insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sat

Rough_Rock
I would like to insure a loose diamond until I have it set but cannot find any companies that will do so. (I have contacted Chubb and jewelersmutual). Does anyone know of a company that will insure a loose stone?

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
My insurance company also won't insure loose diamonds. My plan is just be extremely careful until I have my new diamond set. That means no playing with it around the sink. No bringing it out around the dogs, "Ooooh, is that a treat for moi?" You get the picture.
2.gif

Heather

sat

Rough_Rock
I understand your point. However, acceptable risk is relative and subjective. For me, I would prefer not to gamble with the one of the largest purchases that I will ever make.

Binister

Rough_Rock
Just have the stone set in a cheap setting (~$100) and then have it insured. That is what I planned to do but luckily found a setting before I ordered the stone!

sketch

Rough_Rock
Heck just go by a pawnshop and buy the cheapest thing they've got....100 bucks is serious money for a formality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results