shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on a diamond? please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

house_64

Rough_Rock
Well, I don''t have all the specifics of this daimond (didn''t write it down) but from my very limited knowledge/memory I do know the major specs.

It is a: 1.60 ct. Round, VS2, I, Polish & Symmetry: Ideal, Fluorescence: Negligible, EGL Certified. for $7900.00.

A couple of my concerns:

1. "I" rating...... from the diamonds that I saw and compared it to, it wasn''t as colorless but it wasn''t yellow. I''d prefer a "G" or "H" but there''s a price to pay.

2. EGL Certified.... I''d prefer a GIA but the affordability factor is a concer.... larger diamond, less money with a slightly lower grading.

I guess in the end I will probably see if they have a "G" or "H" and get a smaller diamond, nothing smaller than a 1.50. Thoughts on that option? And perhaps to transfer cost to a more "colorless" diamond, I was considering going down in Clarity to a SI1...... thoughts on that also? Thanks again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thoughts are that I''d be hestitant to trust an EGL cert. That I stone may be a J or lower and the clarity might be really SI1. You''d have to get the actual measurements and post them, because it may not necessarily be ideal cut. That price might be about right for a J SI1, but I''d still want to know more about the cut before deciding if it should be considered. And then I''d have it appraised by an independent appraiser to determine it''s true grade and value during the return period if I did proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results