shape
carat
color
clarity

Input for wedding earrings

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I am getting married over the summer and wanted some input for wedding earrings.

While I do want to stay away from costume jewelry, I would like to spend less than 1000 USD on the earrings. Very little of what I have seen in person has not appealed to me and I was thinking of going the custom route.

Some specs:
-1.5 inches long
-white gold
-three stones per earring (2 round and 1 pear)
-the top stones would be 6mm rounds set in a 2mm thick bezel
-the middle stones would be 8mm rounds set in a 2mm thick bezel
-the bottom stones would be 12x9mm pears set with prongs
-the length in between each stone would be 4mm

I have attached a rough drawing of what I would like the earrings to look like but would like some advice on stone types (I am looking for white, relatively sparkly, and untreated and was originally thinking of white topaz), jewelers that would be reasonable in terms of creating the settings and setting the stones, and any design suggestions!

img_1389_0.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats on your upcoming wedding! Very exciting!

In terms of stones I think maybe white topaz or white sapphire? Or maybe white zircon if you want sparkly? I know zircon can be a bit delicate, but for earrings it should be fine. I don't know about vendors in particular for this type of design, but know that Davis Klass is always fairly reasonable in terms of costs. I think your drawings are great, and will give any designer a wonderful starting place! :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you like sparkly but what about a blue sapphire and pearl combo-use a blue sapphire (for something blue) for the lobe, maybe a zircon or white sapphire or moonstone for the middle and a pearl drop for the dangle end.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
White zircons would be nice but white topaz might be cheaper? Or top stones white and pears blue? Not sure who to recommend to make them. Maybe Yvonne? DK quoted much more simple drops (i.e. Less metal) for me with me supplying the bigger stones (though there were two small diamonds) not that far below 1k a while ago.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results