shape
carat
color
clarity

Information on cutting rough stones...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Newbie333

Rough_Rock
Has anyone on here recently had experience with a cutter?

Can you recommend a name/ tel# ?

How much does it cost per ct. usually?

How long does it take to get it cut?

How is the shipping done? Shipped via Fedex?

Do you pay 'after' it's done or before?

Do they automatically give you a Sarin or similar report? Does this cost extra?

How do you tell them to either have a higher yield for more final stone weight, vs. lower yield for an IDEAL cut? Do they ask ahead of time?

If you tell them to go for the IDEAL cut, can you be assured they'll take their time and get the good cut? What if it comes back a poor cut?

How do you even know the finished stone is from your original rough?

Thanks for the info!!!!
loopy.gif

Newbie333

Rough_Rock
Not sure why my post disappeared... maybe my computer error... hopefully it will show up here...

Has anyone on here recently had experience with a cutter?

Can you recommend a name/tel# ?

How much does it cost per ct. usually?

How long does it take to get it cut?

How is the shipping done?  Shipped via Fedex?

Do you pay 'after' it's done or before? 

Do they automatically give you a Sarin or similar report?  Does this cost extra?

How do you tell them to either have a higher yield for more final stone weight, vs. lower yield for an IDEAL cut?  Do they ask ahead of time?

If you tell them to go for the IDEAL cut, can you be assured they'll take their time and get the good cut?  What if it comes back a poor cut?

How do you even know the finished stone is from your original rough?

Thanks for the info!!!!
wavey.gif

Newbie333

Rough_Rock
Also, I keep hearing from people how the 'diamond district' in New York is a place to get good deals, but on the board here I get the impression to STAY AWAY or risk being taken!!!

For those of you with first hand experience in NY, does this apply to only the buying of stones, or also to having rough cut?

Thanks!

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Not everyone who has a diamond "in the rough" has bought it. Some lucky miner at the Crater of Diamonds found a 1.29ct white diamond April 15 at the State Park.
RoughInterest: If you PM me, I have the names of two cutters in the U.S.A.
Joker....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results