shape
carat
color
clarity

info on padparadscha sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Tell me everything you know please. I posted over in the RockyTalky forum about how my diamond engagement ring was destroyed. I want something classic, but unique, and am thinking about a sapphire. I still have no idea what kind of setting I want to replace it with, but I am LOVING the look of the padparadschas. That vivid salmony color that some have is gorgeous!

I like this one at cherrypicked http://www.cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=2011 but I''d prefer something closer to 2 carats. This one is nice, but I think it''s a little too pink for my taste http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Padparadscha/Cushion/stoneid=PA209 . I LOVE the color of this one http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Padparadscha/Cushion/stoneid=PA130 , but it''s too small.

Do they wear well? Where should I be shopping for one? How do I go about buying one? What exactly am I looking for other than something that I think is pretty?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ChattyCat,

OMG you just touched my soul. Padparadscha''s are my very very favorite of the sapphires. (see my Avatar). I own 3 rings, earrings, 2 pendants and having another pendant made.

The one on CherryPicked I dont'' like. It has a big window. The second one on NSC, I don''t like the color, too red. The third one is too small.

I would contact Steven Bliss at the Natural Sapphire Company and tell him exactly what you are looking for, in ways of price and color. He is a gem to work with, I just love him.

Tell him Linda in California sent you and to take good care of you. He calls me the PAD queen. He will instantly know, who I am, ha ha ha.

Linda P.S. They are very durable stones. Sapphires are 9, where a diamond is a 10.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well... they are just ok, again they have big windows in them. Your best bet would be to call Steven and tell him what you are looking for and your budget. He is easy to talk to and could help you.

Linda

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Ok, he had actually emailed me this morning, so I emailed him back. I told him that I would like a pair of oval pads (to fit in a 7x5 setting), and that I didn''t want to spend more than $2K on the pair. I also said that color and cut were more important to me than clarity (which is still nice). Do you think I''ll be able to get 2 nice sapphires for under $2k, or will I have to sacrifice a bit?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should be able to. Steven is great in working with you. He helped me tremendously with all of my pads that I purchased from him.

Please let me know what he finds for you.
36.gif
A word of warning, these stones are VERY addicting.
9.gif

Linda

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
When you have the time, would you mind showing me pics of your pads? Also, are there any of the pairs of pads at NSC that you consider to be nice right now? http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Pairs/Padparadscha/ Honestly, I''m not loving any of them. Either the color is too washed out or too pink or they don''t seem similar enough to each other for a ring (maybe earrings, but not a ring). I guess that I''m going to have to call them. Man, I hate talking to folks on the phone. UGH.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite one is my Avatar, that is my favorite ring.

If you type in padparadscha in the searach section they may pop up. I''ll look in awhile for you.

Linda

No, I don''t see any in the pairs at all. They all seem to have windows.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go, found them.

The top pic are a pair I had made into earrings. They have small windows, but I didn''t care for earrings.

The bottom, picture I had made into a pendant. All from NSC.

Now they look pink, but.... in different lighting they are orange/pink. They are beautiful.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/linda-w-s-pads.58534/

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Linda, you''re seriously my new best friend with as much as I''m chatting with you! LOL

The folks at NSC suggested that I might want to buy these http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Pairs/Padparadscha/Cushion/stoneid=PR373-PA and have them recut into ovals. I''m looking for a 7x5 oval or so, which I think should be around .70 carats, so I think that seems doable. But, I know nothing of recutting. And, it''s already a bit more than I want to spend on the pads, and I have no idea what recutting costs. It sounds very expensive.

They have warned me that finding a matching pair of pads is VERY difficult, and keep wanting me to look at what they''re offering. They''re willing to help, but I don''t want to spend money on something I don''t LOVE.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is true, finding matching pairs is really difficult. I really lucked out with mine. To be honest, I don''t like those at all!!! The color is terrible, too orange, unless they looked different under specific lighting.

I also don''t know anything about re-cutting stones

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, do not buy anything that you do not fall in love with!!!

Linda

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
Chattycat,

Greetings from another pad lover. I have 2 pad rings and a couple of small loose stones. All purchased from the NSC. I posted the ring pictures on the forum recently. This one is a light salmon colour.

PA78_1_TH.jpg

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
The colour on this one is more intense. I was unable to capture the true colour in the photographs. This stone is very pretty eventhough the cut is not that perfect. Steven recommended this one compared to a couple of other stones I was considering.

PA181_1_TH.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anita,

I remember seeing both of those stones on their site and thought how pretty they were.

Linda

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
They have a lot of beautiful single pads, but the selection of pairs is kind of sad. I spoke with Michael this afternoon, and he told me that he could send these http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Pairs/Padparadscha/Cushion/stoneid=PR373-PA out for me to look at. He also said that they would include the recutting into ovals in that price. He told me it wouldn''t be a problem to get rid of the windows with a cut down to an oval. So, if I like the color in person, that could be a good deal. I guess between the rarity of pads and the difficulty matching color of stones, pairs are really hard to come by.

I don''t want to have to settle for a different color sapphire, but I don''t want to wait forever for some pads to show up either. The ins. adjuster said everything should be settled in a few days, and it looks like we''re getting the full insured value in a check, so that''s a step in the right direction. I told Michael that I would call him about shipping me a few pairs to look at, once I know the settlement is on the way.

Of course part of me is wondering, if it''s really worth it for the pads. Maybe I should just get these http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Pairs/Blue/Oval/stoneid=PR634-B and be done with it. LOL. They''re beautiful, but I really want something unique.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those blues are to die for. I bought a blue and diamond ring from them also, but still love my Pads better.

It all depends on what you like, once you see the Pads he sends you. You will be able to make your decision then.

The color doesn''t look well on the screen, but once you receive them, you may fall in love with them. Make sure you love them though, don''t settle for anything less.

Linda

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Do y''all know anything about Forever Gemstones? I searched the forum and it seemed like they were reputable, but I don''t know. These seem nice http://www.forevergemstones.com/proddetail.php?ProdID=1771 If that color is accurate, they could be really nice, but I can''t believe that they''d sell for that low.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of that company. Those stones are a gorgeous color though and look the pendant I have. The price seems sooooooo low though. I don''t know.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
they also say they are slight orange pink and they are on a dark background. Who knows what color they really are.
You could ask about their return policy.

Linda

cssuja

Shiny_Rock

I agree with Linda. For natural, unheated padparadschas that price is too low!

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 6:15:05 AM
Author: Anita

I agree with Linda. For natural, unheated padparadschas that price is too low!
That was exactly my thought! I think I''ll probably stick with NSC.

Dh is finally on board with a pad as my center stone, so I think that really frees up some ideas. It seems so much easier to find a single pad than a pair. He wants it in some sort of traditional e setting with some diamonds, so it actually looks like an e ring and not a cocktail ring. The folks at NSC will probably think that I''m a loon. I keep flipflopping back and forth on whether I want 1 larger stone or 2 smaller ones. LOL

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a pretty one. did you see this one? It is heated, but it is a beautiful color. I have a ring, this exact color from them. Mine is un-heated though. Click on the video to see the stone and zoom in on it.

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Padparadscha/Cushion/stoneid=PA2036

They won''t think you are a loon. I can''t tell you how many times I have changed my mind, from one to the other. Steven just laughs. After all, it is YOUR Pad that you have to be happy with and fall in love with. Just make sure it calls out to you.
30.gif
That is what mine did to me, as silly as it sounds.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful. Ask if they can ship it to you, so you can see it in person. PLEASE let us know.

Linda

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Linda and crew........all of you would DIE to see the pink pad sapphire that KtRnIce and I saw this weekend at the Jeweler''s Building in Boston.

15 carats.....$500K. Was GORGEOUS. Alas, he wouldn''t let us take pictures of it, but it was AMAZING. We thought of you.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I bet it was beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!!! and what a price tag too. Thank you for thinking of us!!
36.gif

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results