shape
carat
color
clarity

Infinity Diamonds, good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niznicmarcc

Rough_Rock
Has someone have an experience with buying stones from Infinity Diamonds? I think that´s a very well known Belgian store who sells first class diamonds.
How has been the experience? How is the quality, how the price?
thanks for your input!
Marc

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The company is owned by a guy who posts here, Paul-Antwerp.
I've never seen an Infinity Diamond, but basing on the specs I saw and on the great knowledge of Paul, they will be nothing but beautiful!
1.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Has anybody actually seen one of these diamonds?

goldenringlets

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen a few of Paul's stones, no complaints and we're known to b---- a lot!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
If you're looking for Infinity, we carry them, Search Featured Diamonds.

That's about all I can say, I guess without Leonid getting on my case...
21.gif

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Could someone please be slightly more specific about these Venus by Infinity diamonds - why or why not buy these over another hearts and arrows? - and what makes them fall into a super ideal cut category rather than ideal cut? Is this superlative distinction justified?

Thanks in advance,
Goldenringlets

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have always been a strong advocate for the quality of what I call super-ideal cut round brilliants.

Other examples of these (other than the Venus by Infinity, cut by us) are Superbcert, A Cut Above and Eightstar. We share the common goal of cutting diamonds to maximize the quality of light return, and not in order to belong to some category.

Hearts and Arrows for instance are a result of perfect symmetry, but can be obtained with totally un-ideal proportions. In the same way, the AGS-parameters for ideal proportions are such that some combinations offer relatively poor light return.

That is why I do not like the term H&A and/or ideal, since one can cut relatively poor performing stones which can fall under this category. That is why I (and among others the colleagues that I have mentioned above) go for the best possible proportion-combinations together with the best possible symmetry.

Personally, I also strive to keep the differences in proportions (among the 8 or 16 same facets) as low as possible.

If this is not clear enough, I will gladly go into more detail, but I wish to honour the spirit of this forum and not tout my own horn too much.

Live long,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results