shape
carat
color
clarity

Inexpensive Moissanite

Aninin

Rough_Rock
Hello! New here. Does anyone have any recommendations on vendors for relatively cheap moissanite rings? From what I've learned so far, Distinctive Gems and perhaps Yasamineco have the best cuts, but they are quite expensive for a fun, just-because piece that won't be worn regularly. Who would you recommend for an inexpensive, but decent cut moissanite? I am looking at getting a 2ish carat crushed ice oval in a simple solitaire setting. I am no expert, I don't need for it to be the best out there, I just want it to be a good enough cut that it is pretty to look at and not cloudy or dull. Maybe this is unrealistic but ideally I'd like to keep it under $300-400.

And while on the subject of budget rings, what are your thoughts on 10k gold rings? What is the downside to this? I'd rather not have something that requires special storage or polishing like silver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
Also check out Etsy - lots of moissanite jewelry shops on there. I have worked with DiamondResnu and Golden Bird Jewelry. If you don't see something from their stock, just send them a message with your ideas and budget and they'll work with you. I recommend them.

Aninin

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll look into each of these.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Seconding DiamondRensu on Etsy. I got a custom rose cut oval moissy and he was fabulous to work with and the stone was about half the price of what it would have been had I gone to the Charles and Covard site.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 10k gold gets a bad rap. It’s extremely sturdy..I have a few 10k gold pieces. I don’t do anything to them for maintenance. They are workhorses.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I think 10k gold gets a bad rap. It’s extremely sturdy..I have a few 10k gold pieces. I don’t do anything to them for maintenance. They are workhorses.

Agreed. I’m totally fine with 10K. It’s strong and it’s not like anyone goes around checking how what kind of gold is in my jewelry pieces, they just say it looks pretty.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I would agree. I think Starsgem can keep you on budget. You can look at our reddit group under the menu section/vendor’s. I have put together all the contact’s for the Chinese vendors. They respond the fastest via WhatsApp.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results