shape
carat
color
clarity

Independent appraisers in Perth WA ? (Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good independent valuer / appraiser in Perth, Western Australia?

I am in the process of having my engagement ring ''built''
3.gif
and probably should slide it by an appraiser before it gets sent out to the sticks (where I live in my bush humpy)...

Anyone got any picks?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Garry Holloway might know the independent appraisers in Australia...

Is the ring being built in Australia or here in the United States? I ask because if the ring is being built over here, it might be easiest to have the finished ring evaluated by an independent appraiser on this side of the pond prior to having it shipped to Australia (?)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi there Todd,
Thank you for responding. It is being made through Jogia Diamonds in Perth, WEstern Australia. I am sooo desperate to get this little beauty on my finger that I would prefer a local (ie Perth) appraiser if possible, just to speed up the process!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
AJ Knows a good one she should be able to tell you :), hopefully she pops in soon :D.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

Lara, I use Kaye Haddy and associates - she is in Booragoon, you can look her up on whitepages and both her mum and her are appraisers/are listed. Call her mobile, she works from home.

However, she is a lil bit pricey ($80-90).
I have also used Meg, who is my jeweller in London court in the city - she has one of those small workshops upstairs, it is caled Escher & Aureus.
She is an appraiser as well as a jeweller, and I was happy with her job
5.gif

Kaye Haddy has all the fun machines and scopes if you were to keen to see them (GIA diamond dock etc).

hth!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi AJ, I was hoping you''d drop by! Coincidentally, I just found your own thread on appraisers in Perth!
Here''s the link, for others interested...

linky

Nikhil Jogia, whose company I am working with, recommended Kaye Haddy, in an email to me today. I see he recommends her to you, also!

An appraisal is necessary for insurance purposes, right?
Does an appraisal come with all the neat add-ons, pretty photos etc...?

I would love to visit, in person, but realistically it would be better for the appraisal to be done before it is sent to me out in the sticks, as it would be a huge undertaking for me to get to the appraiser. Perhaps I can talk to her on the phone while she has my ring...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:09:24 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Hi AJ, I was hoping you''d drop by! Coincidentally, I just found your own thread on appraisers in Perth!
Here''s the link, for others interested...

linky

Nikhil Jogia, whose company I am working with, recommended Kaye Haddy, in an email to me today. I see he recommends her to you, also!

An appraisal is necessary for insurance purposes, right?
Does an appraisal come with all the neat add-ons, pretty photos etc...?

I would love to visit, in person, but realistically it would be better for the appraisal to be done before it is sent to me out in the sticks, as it would be a huge undertaking for me to get to the appraiser. Perhaps I can talk to her on the phone while she has my ring...
Hiya lara

Yes, an appraisal in $AUD in necessary to underwrite your insurance policy.
Basically, you should send her your ring, along with any and all papers you have.
Her appraisal is not as extensive as the ones from PS appraisers that we hear about on here..tbh, I don''t know if anyone in Aus does that kinda thing.
Her certificate will consist of a couple lines describing the condition and specs of the diamond / ring - a photo, and her estimation of replacement value.

I''m sure if you would like, you can ask to speak to her on the phone while she still has your ring in her posession -but I guess I would make sure I had a couple particular questions I wanted to ask....not to say that she''s not friendly..she''s just very..professional. Efficient, if you kwim?

I asked to sit in on my time with her, which I got the feeling that was not regular practice for her. But she was cool with it, and let me look at my ring in the diamond dock, under the scope etc, which was fun
5.gif

I would say they are the most reputable ones in our state, for sure.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I guess the most important thing from an insurance point of view is that the appraiser ''proves'' that the diamond in the certificate matches the one in the ring?

Laser inscription makes this a lot more straightforward, I guess...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:50:48 AM
Author: LaraOnline
I guess the most important thing from an insurance point of view is that the appraiser ''proves'' that the diamond in the certificate matches the one in the ring?

Laser inscription makes this a lot more straightforward, I guess...
Well, I would say that that is important, for sure. And any qualified appraiser will have no issue doing that, with or without laser inscription.
But their value conclusion is also what you''re paying for. You need an accurate one, not too inflated that you pay silly premiums, and not too low that
you can''t replace it.
Which is why I suggested the two women above, I have found both of their value conclusions to be fair and accurate
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results