shape
carat
color
clarity

Increíble: My Whiteflash W Prong is here!!

tevyk

Rough_Rock
Isabelle,

It looks fantastic! I''m so glad that your recut and everything worked out so well for you. And thank you once more for your first-hand opinion at WF helping me pick out a setting! It worked out great and she loves her new ring :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful stone and beautiful setting. That W prong is one of my favorites!

When you first said it went from 1.15 to 1.6 I suspected there was a typo, but I was like HEY SIGN ME UP!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
Oh Isabelle, It came out Beautiful. I'm so happy you were able to have that done & that it's back home safe.
And yea.... Ditto SDL - more pictures please
emphoto.gif

emhot.gif
sunshine,
emrose.gif
flowers & don't forget
emcocktl.gif
props for the Most creative & funny & ironic ring photos thread too

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 1:03:30 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
*tap-tap* Where are your flower pictures.. where are your sunshine pictures.. where are your uh.. you name it (help me out girls!) pictures..
9.gif

OMG SanDiegoLady, you are so nice to say that!! I will definitely take some more pics this week and post them. I am working on a deadline and have family in town through tomorrow. But thank you for asking to see more! You are too nice. I will try to get some good shots taken ASAP. Thanks! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 1:38:13 PM
Author: tevyk
Isabelle,

It looks fantastic! I''m so glad that your recut and everything worked out so well for you. And thank you once more for your first-hand opinion at WF helping me pick out a setting! It worked out great and she loves her new ring :)

Thank you tevyk for your kind words. I think we both know how great a WF ring can be. I am so happy for you. You picked out a gorgeous ring and I am not at all surprised that she loves the ring. It is beautiful!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks tandogmom and justme! I will try to post some more pics later in the week. You are both so nice to comment on it! I LOVE IT and I can''t stop staring at it...which is probably why I am behind on my work. LOL.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I was messing around with the camera the last couple of days and got some interesting shots. I am still trying to get a really good outside shot, but this is all I got so far. :)

Wprongnicestar.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
at night

wprongatnight.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
also at night

wprongatnight2.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
outside attempt 1 of 2

wprongoutsidewithfire.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
2 of 2

wprongoutsideonleaf.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
side view

wprongsideview.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
It is so gorgeous. Great recut and what a FAB setting. It looks great on your hand.

shay

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
and from the back. Still trying to get some better shots. I wish I were a better photographer. :)

wprongfromtheback.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 7:24:04 PM
Author: Shay37
It is so gorgeous. Great recut and what a FAB setting. It looks great on your hand.

shay

Aww. Thanks Shay!! It''s fun to post pics on here. I can''t get over all the beautiful rings on here lately.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 7:25:24 PM
Author: Isabelle

Date: 6/21/2008 7:24:04 PM
Author: Shay37

shay

Aww. Thanks Shay!! It''s fun to post pics on here. I can''t get over all the beautiful rings on here lately.
Too true.

shay

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Isabelle,
Congrats on the re-cut and re-set! I''m envious that you got to meet Brian and John.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:17:42 PM
Author: Harriet
Hi Isabelle,

Congrats on the re-cut and re-set! I''m envious that you got to meet Brian and John.

Thanks Harriet. They are both such nice people and so helpful. I felt really lucky to get a chance to talk with them and work with Brian on my stone and ring. It''s such a transformation. Thanks for your kind words. :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my diamond studs set in "w" prongs... but I have to say... I really think the heart shaped prongs/claws are incredible! The diamond goes without saying!!!
36.gif
30.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:40:30 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
I have my diamond studs set in ''w'' prongs... but I have to say... I really think the heart shaped prongs/claws are incredible! The diamond goes without saying!!!
36.gif
30.gif

Hey thanks Cushioncutnut! I love the W prong for earrings as well. It''s a great setting to show off studs! Thanks for the kind words about the prongs. I wish in a way that you could get a picture that shows what the ring looks like not magnified hundreds of times the way it looks on a computer screen, in order to really capture the aesthetic of the prongs. But they are just wonderful. I took it to an appraiser named Ben Gordon here in Houston and he remarked on the way the prongs mould to the diamond, cupping it just right. I just love them. Ben has been an appraiser for 55 years(!) and attended GIA school with Henry Platt(!) the former President of Tiffany who famously named Tanzanite and Tsavorite. There were only 4 students in the whole class. Amazing history some of these guys have. :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so great to have a wonderful appraisor close by with such high credentials! I am such a "stickler" for the way prongs should look. It is an art for a benchperson to get them just right! The prongs on your ring... are SHEER PERFECTION! It is just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hello Isabelle

Your ring is STUNNING! I am thrilled to see for myself, such fluid and gorgeous work from WF. Not that the work I''ve seen so far has not been beautiful, but so many of the modern settings seem rather ''architectural'' to me, and I am looking for something with more fluidity than structure....

That being said, I think your story has convinced me that I can trust WF with my sapphire project. As you know, I had approached another artist with the possibility of doing the work, but don''t feel 100% comfortable with the relationship we may have....''nuff said.

Lesley, on the other hand, when provided with the same information for pricing purposes, quickly roughed out THREE different scenarios for my ring, depending on 14k, 18k, or platinum options. The only thing I was hesitant about was if they could translate my dreams onto paper...onto CAD...and into metal!

You''ve convinced me that they CAN!

Thank you for that. I am 100% totally comfortable with the thought of WF making the ring (some of us only get the ONE CHANCE at this and I want it to be perfect!)...
1.gif

I LOVE the concept of working in your family heritage into your project. How thoughtful of them to work with you on that.

Would you mind telling me: I''m wondering why you made the trip in person to WF? (LOVED that thread by the way). Did you feel the need to express your vision in person, or was it that you wanted to meet the artists? How did that change how you felt about this process?

Thanks again. I really appreciate what your project has done for my sense of what to do for my own! (Now if Jeff White would just hurry up and find me THE STONE!) we''d be good.

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
that is very pretty. the prongs are my fav!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful recut and setting!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Love the new pics with the two bands!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabelle,
I read somewhere that you''ll be in Newport for the last 3 weeks of July. I''ll be there for a couple of days too. Maybe we''ll run into each other!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 10:02:26 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
That is so great to have a wonderful appraisor close by with such high credentials! I am such a ''stickler'' for the way prongs should look. It is an art for a benchperson to get them just right! The prongs on your ring... are SHEER PERFECTION! It is just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Cushioncutnut, you could never have given my ring a better compliment. You have no idea how much I agonized over these prongs. Sheerah at WF could tell you stories about my calls, call-backs, and so on. LOL But they did it. They got it exactly right. Thank you so much for your kind words!! :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem hon! I calls em as I sees em!! LOL!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 10:42:41 AM
Author: LostSapphire
Hello Isabelle

Your ring is STUNNING! I am thrilled to see for myself, such fluid and gorgeous work from WF. Not that the work I''ve seen so far has not been beautiful, but so many of the modern settings seem rather ''architectural'' to me, and I am looking for something with more fluidity than structure....

That being said, I think your story has convinced me that I can trust WF with my sapphire project. As you know, I had approached another artist with the possibility of doing the work, but don''t feel 100% comfortable with the relationship we may have....''nuff said.

Lesley, on the other hand, when provided with the same information for pricing purposes, quickly roughed out THREE different scenarios for my ring, depending on 14k, 18k, or platinum options. The only thing I was hesitant about was if they could translate my dreams onto paper...onto CAD...and into metal!

You''ve convinced me that they CAN!

Thank you for that. I am 100% totally comfortable with the thought of WF making the ring (some of us only get the ONE CHANCE at this and I want it to be perfect!)...
1.gif

I LOVE the concept of working in your family heritage into your project. How thoughtful of them to work with you on that.

Would you mind telling me: I''m wondering why you made the trip in person to WF? (LOVED that thread by the way). Did you feel the need to express your vision in person, or was it that you wanted to meet the artists? How did that change how you felt about this process?

Thanks again. I really appreciate what your project has done for my sense of what to do for my own! (Now if Jeff White would just hurry up and find me THE STONE!) we''d be good.

LostSapphire, thank you so much. You are so kind to say all that about the ring, and I have to tell you that I KNOW you will be very happy that you worked with WF. Tell Leslie to find out from Sheerah who cast my ring over there b/c the guy is incredibly talented. You want meticulous attention to detail and you will get it, I have no doubt. You will also get friendliness and customer service. (I know there is some attempt to pretend that an "artiste" can''t be bothered to be polite, but it''s actually not true. Rudeness doesn''t correlate with talent. Some rude people are talented but not all talented people are rude). PLEASE keep us posted with the progress of your ring. I can''t wait to see the stone that Jeff White gets you. I know you are anxious to get it, but stay patient b/c it will be worth the wait. :)

The reason I went in person to WF is b/c beforehand I didn''t trust any jeweler that wasn''t Tiffany, Cartier, or Van Cleef. LOL!! REALLY, that is the truth. I couldn''t believe all the gushing I read on here, and I felt particularly skeptical over all the buzz about the ACA diamonds. I just couldn''t believe that any diamond could be as nice as a Tiffany diamond. The other thing that really drove me was all I had read about Brian Gavin. I wanted someone to look at my diamond and tell me what he thought about it, and I wanted the person to be a real expert. So I called and much to my surprise, I had an easy time getting an appointment. Brian meets with so many people all the time, so I thought that was a good sign. He''s accessible and wants to answer questions and educate people. He''s really a genius, honestly. I loved the time I spent with him. Physically being in their offices turned the virtual world into the real world, and as you know, I went from being "skeptical" to telling all of my friends, and anyone who asks, that they simply MUST go to Whiteflash.com. I can''t recommend them enough.

Please keep me posted about your ring! I cannot wait to see the final product! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:19:22 PM
Author: MikeRato1
that is very pretty. the prongs are my fav!

Thank you Mike!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results