shape
carat
color
clarity

Inclusion - there then gone. I''ve lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Alright...so as some of you may remember, I got my ering in December of 05. vvs2 I - asscher. LOVE it.

So a few months ago, after studying it from every angle and under every light for nearly a year, I noticed what I thought was an inclusion on it - that is totally invisible when looking at the stone from the top, but is visible if I hold it in a certain way and look at it from the side.

So, at first I was a bit miffed. I didn''t like that I could see this brownish colored inclusion from the side. Then I thought maybe it was just dirt of some kind. So I Ultrasonic-ed it and I scrubbed away at it. Still there.

Two weeks ago, one of the stones fell out of my pave halo. Took it back to our jeweler. He fixed it no charge, polished the platinum, yada yada yada. And he must have cleaned the ring too.

Because the "inclusion" is gone. Gone. I''ve looked at it in every light. and from every angle.

Anyone else ever had anything like this happen?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it sounds like it was just dirt, or maybe something stuck under the setting. a good professional cleaning works wonders!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey, my uneducated guess would be that what you saw was a reflection of a piece of dirt stacked somewhere in the setting, not on your diamond itself.
That's why you did not cleaned it out but your jeweler did.

ETA: right, beat me up belle, yes i am slow.....

DBM

Shiny_Rock
it''s extremely rare i think for the average person to be able to spot a VVS2 with their naked eyes so it makes sense that it was something else external

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/26/2007 1:11:51 PM
Author: DBM
it''s extremely rare i think for the average person to be able to spot a VVS2 with their naked eyes so it makes sense that it was something else external
You mean Impossible for anyone to spot a VVS2 with their naked eye!

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 1:17:37 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 1/26/2007 1:11:51 PM
Author: DBM
You mean Impossible for anyone to spot a VVS2 with their naked eye!

:) yes. you''re probably right.

that too :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results