shape
carat
color
clarity

Included Tsavorite? Thoughts?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just reviewing some tsavs and would like some opinions on how you feel about moderately included ones. I'm just trying to broaden my knowledge.

tsav.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK if this is from Tan's auctions, his prices are usually good and one could buy it and use for an inexpensive project. All depends on the price. I found one similar to this, and then another one, and it is a pair which could be used as dangles for earrings. Really, it depends on the price. Definitely not top color, either, but some of them are a bargain.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
All depends on the price - and whether or not it bothers you.

My e-ring tsav is loupe-clean and honestly I have wished it had something in it as an ID mark. I had a repair done on the ring that involved unmounting the stone and the only way I could be sure it was definitely mine was by measuring it with electronic calipers!

I have another tsav that has a veil inclusion that is impossible to see without a loupe - it was a good price for a larger stone and doesn't bother me at all.

IF the price is appropriate, then the one you posted would possibly bother me as a ring-stone but not in a pendant.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tsavorites are usually included (per the GIA clarity scale, it is a Type II gem). That said, you can get eye-clean ones. I woukd ask myself these questions (after deciding whether I like the colour, of course):
1. Does the inclusion detract from the stone's beauty?;
2. What's my budget? Eye-clean tsavorites are available; and
3. What am I doing with the stone?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the inclusions. They look like little swirly needles. With so many synthetic gemstones posing as real it is nice to have a genuine stone with birthmarks.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I personally prefer eye-clean stones because inclusions bother me. I know I'm not in the majority, but I would rather have an eye-clean stone with worse color than an included stone with top color. JMHO.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge, opinions and expertise. :))

I have a lot to consider. I should receive it in a few days. How it looks IRL will be the determining factor for me.

Thanks Again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends:
1. Structural integrity - is the stone safe enough to set? Is it meant for a ring? If so, can the stone take further abuse?
2. Price - is the price low enough for you to overlook the inclusions?
3. Appearance - Are the inclusions distracting to the eye? Perhaps it might be better as a pendant stone where one doesn't look too closely at the neck or bosom area.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much else to add. Everyone gave very good points. I just want to say that if the color is accurate, I really like it, and I also like the cutting. If there are inclusions towards the tip of the stone, just be careful about that, as it could affect the stone during the setting process, or if you knock it on something. Good luck.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I find that most of the time with Tan's stones the inclusions that are shown in the blown up shot aren't as bad or noticeable IRL. Just my opinion, but I'm hoping this one will work for you. I like the color! :appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank everyone for the information, thoughts, opinions and expertise on this tsavorite.

I did receive it and I LOVE the inclusions. At first, the gem seem too dark but I have come to love it. It has a rich velvety sparklyness to it that I have never seen before. Its very intriguing. :))

tsav11.JPG

tsav2.jpg

tsav5.JPG

tsav18.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so happy you love it!!! It's going to look fantastic set.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way you describe it's "velvety sparklyness". I love it and am glad that it has found a good home. I think it would look fantastic set in yellow gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results