shape
carat
color
clarity

In desperate need for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snoopy2u

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Before I begin I''d like to say that this site is awesome. It has been an invaluable resource to me while I''ve been looking for the right diamond.

Firstly, I think I have found a diamond which seems OK (a newbie opinion) and looks great up close. I have got as much detail about it as possible in the hope that someone from this forum can give me their opinion of the specifications eg angles and percentages.

Secondly, I was originally looking for AGS or GIA certification until I came upon this stone which is DCLA certified. What is your opinion on this? Should this play any role in my decision making process?

Thanks in advance

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.34
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: DCLA

Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57.9%
Crown angle: 35%
Pavillion Angle:41.1%
Culet: v. small (?1.0%)

Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Snoopy2u, welcome to the forum and thanks for kind words
1.gif

DCLA has good reputation (do a search on this board). E.g. DCLA Grading, etc.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I snoopy and welcome. Do you have an ideal scope image? I have never heard of the lab who graded it and personally would stick to an AGS or GIA stone. However, if you saw the stone and liked it and are happy with the price, it might be the stone for you. I would recommend having it looked at by and independant appraiser just to be sure you''re getting what you pay for. Many times the lesser known labs or labs like EGL are known to be a color grade or clarity grade off so I''d want to be sure the stone really is a G VS2.

Snoopy2u

Rough_Rock
Hi all

It scored a 3.1 on the HCA. This rock seems reasonably priced for its size compared to similar ones that I have found on the net. I guess its something worth considering.

Many Thanks

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 4:25:14 AM
Author: Snoopy2u
Hi all

It scored a 3.1 on the HCA. This rock seems reasonably priced for its size compared to similar ones that I have found on the net. I guess its something worth considering.

Many Thanks
It could be "reasonably" priced because the optical performance may not be that good. The HCA theory reocmmends that stones that score over 2.0 may be ones to avoid, assuming high optical performance is important to you.

Pugsy

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
DCLA has a top reputation, and my only experience with them was great too. Knocked cold on their door in Sydney 10 minutes after taking possession of a diamond from a broker - asked them for a checkup. They delayed lunch and spent 10 minutes running the diamonds through their machines and gave me some printouts verifying the diamond matched it's GIA report.

Very pleasant crowd.

Stebbo

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 4:33:58 AM
Author: diamondpug

Date: 12/15/2006 4:25:14 AM
Author: Snoopy2u
Hi all

Many Thanks
It could be ''reasonably'' priced because the optical performance may not be that good. The HCA theory reocmmends that stones that score over 2.0 may be ones to avoid, assuming high optical performance is important to you.

Pugsy
Just a heads up. Gary has recently posted he is in the process of redoing the HCA, so this diamond could actually fall close to, or under 2, in the future.

So it may indeed be worth checking out Snoopy.

Snoopy2u

Rough_Rock
As you can all appreciate looking for diamonds and creating that special engagement ring it extremely difficult. The HCA states 3.1 suggesting poor visual performance, however, the lab scores the diamonds cut as excellent with excellent symmetry. How is this possible? It no wonder that an average joe like me can have such a hard time. Thankfully there are many knowledgable people around here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results