shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m torn on this diamond selection. Need expert help please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hello all,

This is my first post in the forum and I have already learned a lot from each and every one of you. I have been looking for a stone for quite some time and I was hoping you all could help me with my selection. Here are my requirements:

BUDGET: $3,500 (give or take. if i find an exception stone for a bit bored I will shell out the mula)
Shape: Square Princess

I want something along the lines of an ideal cut which performs well.

I have found this following stone on several databases and I''m wonder what you all think:

Price: 3,476.00
Carat: .94
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: SI 1
GIA Certified
Depth: 71.1%
Table: 72.0%
Sym: Very Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slighty Thick to Thick
Cutlet: None
Fluor: None
Measurements: 5.32x5.32x3.78

Also, I have asked WhiteFlash to have the stone sent to them (when the vedor opens back up after easter) so they can give me a Sarin, Ideal Scope, and ASET. The problem is that they want to charge me 50 dollars if I decide I don''t want to buy it.

Should I try to find a company that will give me these readings at no charge? What do you guys think about this stone? Should I try to find a stone that has a table % less than that of the depth?

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!

-Bankshot

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:19:24 AM
Author:MidwestDiamondHunter

BUDGET: $3,500 (give or take. if i find an exception stone for a bit bored I will shell out the mula)
Shape: Square Princess

I want something along the lines of an ideal cut which performs well.

Should I try to find a company that will give me these readings at no charge? What do you guys think about this stone?

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!

-Bankshot
Not sure about that stone. But, if you're looking for ideal, AGS grades this. This is one option, but it's not an F. Excel has several more, less expensive, and over a carat, but they're Js. Sounds like for options you're interested in, they may well comp you data, too.

Hey Regular Guy,

Thanks for your input.

What about my stone turns you off?

Thanks

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:54:19 AM
Author: MidwestDiamondHunter
Hey Regular Guy,

Thanks for your input.

What about my stone turns you off?

Thanks
It may be lovely, of course. But without a cert from AGS, WF wants $50 to figure this out. Maybe it''s worth it to find out.

When not certified by AGS, you''ll want to work with a vendor who works with these, and can judge for you. Probably, WF is good for this.

Thanks Regular Guy.

Can anybody else give me their opinion on this? Thanks!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Actually, the charge if you decide not to purchase the stone is fair. There''s gonna be shipping charges and WF employee time to evaluate the stone. Considering the price of the stone, $50 really isn''t much to know for sure. And WF will tell you the truth. If it''s a good stone, they''ll recommend it. If not, they''ll tell you so.

The rub comes if,............ If you call in several diamonds before you find on that''s a good performer. You could run up some bucks in shipping and evaluation.

The alternative would be to try and find an "In House" diamond that the Vendor can readily evaluate for you with no shipping charges involved.

Thanks for your opinions! I would really love others to give there 2 cents (or more) on this issue! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results