shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m torn between two settings for a cushion....please help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, curio! I love your designs and I appreciate you doing this for me. Whenever it is convenient for you is good for me...I''m so excited to see what you do!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My votes are for curio''s design with the traps and the last design with the criss crossing band. both unique and beautiful!
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are both beautiful!
I would have to say, while I absolutely LOVE the split shank (I have one for a RHR) I , personally wouldn''t want it for my ering, unless i had 2 erings, bc I know that I don''t always want to wear the split band look. Plus it is important to me to where a wedding band with my ering, so that is a must for me.

You have to choose which one you can''t stop thinking about.
FOr example, when I was trying to decide whether I wanted a pear or oval for my split shank, ,I used to draw it on my finger(geek, I know!) and that kinda sealed it for me.
of course, I still want a pear, just with another setting,lol...

good luck, and know that since they are both beautiful, either way, you will have a gorgeous ring!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 1:16:37 AM
Author: thing2of2
I think I''m the only one who is torn...I like both. But I do wish the split shank''s two shanks were further apart and maybe more curved. Do you want the shanks to be more curved or do you prefer the look of the one you posted?

I think the split shank is the safest bet, especially if you can''t try anything similar to the roundy band halo on. But I think both will be gorgeous!

Sorry I''m not so helpful! I''m usually more decisive than this!
I hadn''t even thought about the shanks being curved until now. I liked the deep split because it gave the illusion of two rings to me and I was not planning to wear a band with it. I love the designs that curio came up with. I have tried to think of something different, to no avail, so I was using existing settings that I really liked...then curio came up with three wonderful designs just poof, poof, poof...I am not that talented.

It is very helpful to get comments from others, especially from this site where the posters have seen so many different things and have a better idea of what works and what doesn''t. I am so appreciative of everyone''s comments and suggestions.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 3:00:02 AM
Author: curiopotter
If she likes it I can always take it into autoCAD or draw it with better proportions using my jewler''s ruler. 2am here, and it''s lights out for me!

Let me know if you like it Dianne.. I''m out of school for spring break so I''d be happy to spend some time helping.

:)
Hey curio...I''m sure you have been busy (and since it''s spring break I hope you have had an opportunity to do something fun) but I am so anxious and, since I like your designs so much, if you don''t have time to Photoshop/CAD the sketches you drew would you mind if I asked if some PSers if they would create an image for me? I hope my asking doesn''t offend you and my intent is not to rush you...I''m just the anxious type. I totally understand if you say no.
1.gif

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 11:05:33 PM
Author: dianne

If she likes it I can always take it into autoCAD or draw it with better proportions using my jewler''s ruler. 2am here, and it''s lights out for me!

Let me know if you like it Dianne.. I''m out of school for spring break so I''d be happy to spend some time helping.

Hey curio...I''m sure you have been busy (and since it''s spring break I hope you have had an opportunity to do something fun) but I am so anxious and, since I like your designs so much, if you don''t have time to Photoshop/CAD the sketches you drew would you mind if I asked if some PSers if they would create an image for me? I hope my asking doesn''t offend you and my intent is not to rush you...I''m just the anxious type. I totally understand if you say no.
1.gif

Dianne, I''m so sorry for leaving you hanging like that! I don''t mind at all.. I actually I had a rather difficult week and didn''t get to spend it at home. I''m sorry
7.gif
( My 14 year old dog was having some pretty bad health issues this week. Pretty scary, I''ve had her since I was 10 so I''ve been going out of my mind.

Anyway, I''ll still try to get something drawn out for you if you''d like, even if you''re getting a few folks to work on it. I won''t have a lot of time at home to work on the computer, so I was going to do a few illustrations. Anyway, I hope your week was good, and hope you''re getting closer to what you need!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 4:45:17 PM

Date: 3/16/2007 11:05:33 PM
Author: dianne

1.gif

Dianne, I''m so sorry for leaving you hanging like that! I don''t mind at all.. I actually I had a rather difficult week and didn''t get to spend it at home. I''m sorry
7.gif
( My 14 year old dog was having some pretty bad health issues this week. Pretty scary, I''ve had her since I was 10 so I''ve been going out of my mind.

Anyway, I''ll still try to get something drawn out for you if you''d like, even if you''re getting a few folks to work on it. I won''t have a lot of time at home to work on the computer, so I was going to do a few illustrations. Anyway, I hope your week was good, and hope you''re getting closer to what you need!
Hey curio--please don''t apologize. You were exactly where you should have been. I hope your dog is doing well...they''re simply furry family members, aren''t they?

I didn''t ask for additional help...I just didn''t feel right without your permission. It''s totally ok...I''ve been chugging along fine except for a hormonal boo-boo post I made while feeling totally sorry for myself.
8.gif
(not because I hadn''t heard back from you--completely hormonal, I promise) But...that''s over, I''m better and have a new attitude....and if it happens again I''m going to have a new prescription...lol! I''m usually a chipper person and that was a big downer for me. But moving along...ring talk...I have submitted a few examples to get quotes and I am suprised at how expensive the settings can be. It could be a great deal and I wouldn''t know it simply because I have never had a custom setting before so I have nothing to compare it to. Even a reasonable price to most could be a big surprise to me. I have tried looking at more settings online to do price comparison but the prices are here, there, and everywhere so....I guess when I make my final decision I will have break the news gently to my bf...lol.

Thank you so much for your drawings. As much as I like the trap sides, I don''t think it will fit in the budget. I''ll hang onto your design for a possible anniversay setting upgrade.
31.gif

Happy thoughts for you and your pup!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I'm pretty late to this thread, but I can see why you're torn. Have you seen both on your hand, with the diamond in it? I would probably lean toward the first split shank, since it does seem more clean and simple, but then again if I saw the other one on your hand I might like it! Sorry to not be more helpful!
3.gif

Since curio kept speaking of curvy split-shanks, I thought of one I saw here.
ring 9191 or 9024. It's sort of a 'curvy split-shank'.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 7:51:36 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
I guess I''m pretty late to this thread, but I can see why you''re torn. Have you seen both on your hand, with the diamond in it? I would probably lean toward the first split shank, since it does seem more clean and simple, but then again if I saw the other one on your hand I might like it! Sorry to not be more helpful!
3.gif

Since curio kept speaking of curvy split-shanks, I thought of one I saw here.
ring 9191 or 9024. It''s sort of a ''curvy split-shank''.
No, not those exact settings. I have only seen them online. I tried a similar split-shank halo at a local B&M and really liked it on my hand. The loopy one is so pretty but that setting is made for a really large center stone. I don''t know that it would look as good if it were reduced to the size to fit my diamond. Does that make sense? Mark T at Engagement Rings Direct will be making my setting and the smallest diamonds he uses in the setting is 3/4 of a point. I am creating Powerpoint patchwork pictures and sending it to him to get quotes. I''m sure I am driving him crazy but he seems incredibly patient. The site you linked to has really pretty settings. I have seen that site listed on this forum but never visited it. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results