shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m not even engaged yet and look at what I did!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So I went home last night and got my "Dreamgirl's Dream Wedding folder" off my computer with EVERYTHING in it and is currently on my flash drive.
27.gif
So pretty much I intentionally brought it to work and if I have time, I was going to make a collage to share.....I'm so bad.
20.gif

WannaB- Looks like we might have similar ideas. You will see if I can ever make mine. Maybe during lunch. ha!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel bad Dream, my library is at work, not at home. Ha!
37.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha! Hilarious. Have I mentioned that I have my library backed up in several locations? (don't want to lose anything!)
27.gif
Perhaps a backup system should take place at work as well.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
AMS I LOVE that inspiration board!

Ok, now you guys have me wanting to do my own...I haven''t yet, but have google searched images for winter weddings a zillion times, and have lots of boards to get me thinking!

I, too, will be doing a winter wedding (late December, MAYBE January 2), and was thinking dove grays and steely blues, but seeing that deep, warm purple is amazing!!!! You have exquisite taste!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I did one last night like I''d said.. its a work in progress though. (The flowers are a fellow pser''s from her wedding pics. I fell in love) Also, Id change the color of the invitations to a green or burgundy.

urgh.. wouldnt let me log in but I emailed it to the SO so I have a copy! mwahahah!

sailorsscheme.jpeg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 5:57:01 PM
Author: ams0124
Wow...I''m was in need of scolding and got enabling instead
3.gif
j/k
9.gif

Freke yours is awesome!!! I was thinking blue and silver too since we''ll be getting married in the winter...but then thought warm purples would be a good contrast to the snow..

Kitty: I''m glad you like it...The pic in the top right is in Beaver Creek CO...it''s just called the Beaver Creek Resort...I''m hoping to have our reception there. I love the pic because the resort is the only thing lit up...it just looks so cool.

Sha: Yeah winter is what we had in mind...either December 09 or Jan 10

I started to put together a ''Ceremony Inspiration board'' but had to stop myself...I was getting way too carried away...maybe that can be a project for tomorrow
3.gif
Me, too!! December 09 or Jan 10!!! We''re in Michigan. Still waiting for my ring as well....when is yours coming??

Oooh, this could be fun to swap winter wedding ideas and color schemes!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I love that website!! I've had way too much fun this morning. I'm so glad I was lurking on here this morning :) The Church and Reception pictures are from our actual spots!

bridal canvas.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t post a pic of my fave at the moment.

If you want to indulge, this site has a bunch of boards where I found my favorite board so far - the second one down!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl: I can''t wait to see your board...You must make one immediately
11.gif
9.gif
...and like Sunny my library is at work too...I actually spent my lunch hour working on mine....and maybe a little past my lunch hour but ssshhh don''t tell
2.gif

LeeNy: SO says before the end of the year....and according to MrsHtoBe in her post that would be in I think 60 days?!?! We really want to have it early December but b/c Christmas is so close to that we don''t want to over extend people financally or otherwise around such a major holiday in our family...so it might be closer to early Jan...but that''s ok...my b-day is in Jan and what a great b-day present
9.gif

Sailor: I haven''t gotten the courage to email mine to SO yet...congrats to you for being so brave. How did he respond? I''ve only just begun to scratch the surface of bringing up wedding planning with FF before engagement...I wouldn''t want him to think I''m completely nuts (which I''m leaning towards he already thinks so anyway)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
ams Beaver Creek would be a beyond gorgeous spot for a wedding. Id like a winter wedding in the rockies too but its a tad more complicated from Australia (and more expensive!!). But wow that would be a gorgeous place to tie the knot...and you could have the free cookies too
9.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
lol, you are in good company, i''ve been HAUNTING the martha stewart weddings site lately!! it''s a sickness... love your color scheme!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 1:43:36 PM
11.gif
9.gif
...and like Sunny my library is at work too...I actually spent my lunch hour working on mine....and maybe a little past my lunch hour but ssshhh don''t tell
2.gif

My God I haven''t even worked like at all today!!
32.gif
So I am having a problem with bridalcanvas because I uploaded my photos but they wont appear on my board. What the heck? I might just have to do it in Photoshop. That is where I work best anyway....

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 3:07:01 PM
Author: vita*dolce
i''ve been HAUNTING the martha stewart weddings site lately!! it''s a sickness
OOOOOOOOOOOOO such a good place.........
27.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 3:35:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 11/6/2008 1:43:36 PM
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

My God I haven''t even worked like at all today!!
32.gif
So I am having a problem with bridalcanvas because I uploaded my photos but they wont appear on my board. What the heck? I might just have to do it in Photoshop. That is where I work best anyway....
When you go and upload your pictures on bridal canvas, there are 4 green tabs under the upload button...make sure your on the "my pictures" tab. That will show you the thumbnails of the pics you uploaded...you double click on them to add them to your board....If you are looking at that tab and your still not seeing the thumbnails...maybe try the refresh...and if that STILL doesn''t work....Photoshop away lady
9.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ladies, I think you have created another monster...

I just started playing with my own inspiration board. Oh so much fun!

Anywho, when it''s all put together, I will share!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 5:15:15 PM
Author: dcgator
Oh ladies, I think you have created another monster...

I just started playing with my own inspiration board. Oh so much fun!

Anywho, when it''s all put together, I will share!
Welcome to the dark side
11.gif
...I can''t wait to see all your beautiful ideas

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
ams - my SO is more then I could ever hope for in a life partner. I was just emailing him the other day about how I didnt feel as excited about waiting for the engagement anymore - like I was getting used to the waiting.. and THAT was the email I sent him the collage in. He responded by saying ...

"Don't feel discouraged about not thinking about rings, I think
you have done enough thinking to last a life time cutie. You just sent
some pictures of a beautiful dress, that right there shows you still
have it on your mind. There are so many aspects to a wedding and I love
to know that you are thinking about all of them. We need a weekend where
we could lay down together and look at pictures. We will have that again
soon, and I cannot wait until we have it and you have that shining
diamond on your finger :)"

He's on deployment right now with the military so thats why he's talking about seeing eachother again soon (more like Jan and if not that May haha)

Anyway, my point is... have you talked to your SO about marriage seriously? If not you dont know if he thinks your crazy or not at all, girl!
2.gif
3.gif
I say go for it.. if its right your excitement should only fuel his and his fuel yours back! Your collage was beautiful and I dont think that its foolish or crazy to be fiddling around with this kind of stuff. All that talk about women dreaming of their weddings since they were little girls with pillow cases on their heads and teddy bears for grooms had to come from somewhere right? I think you have the right to dream about it now
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because you guys inspired me...

Wedding collage! (Don't mind all of the messy lines that don't meet up and stuff. I did it in photoshop and it's almost 3am...)

I think most everything is self explanatory. The creme brulee=wedding cake. Because I'm not going to have wedding cake for under 20 people! (They can all have plated desserts instead!)

ETA: I picked that BM dress (the black one, the silver is ALL MINE!) because I don't want it to look like a BM dress, and I want her to be able to wear it as much as possible in the future. My MOH (no BMs here) looks amazing in black because she's super pale, with super dark brown hair and gold/green eyes. It's a Nicole Miller from Nordstroms if anyone is interested. I'd like her to wear silver shoes, but that'll be up to her (she and I are just about equal in shoe craziness), and the white shoes are mine (hah!) and might be dyed cobalt blue in the event that I could actually get them.

Vegas wedding collage number 4958 version 2.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Freke I love your collage...It''s totally Vegas chic!
9.gif

Looks awesome!! What time of year were you planning on?

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 10:44:35 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
ams - my SO is more then I could ever hope for in a life partner. I was just emailing him the other day about how I didnt feel as excited about waiting for the engagement anymore - like I was getting used to the waiting.. and THAT was the email I sent him the collage in. He responded by saying ...

''Don''t feel discouraged about not thinking about rings, I think
you have done enough thinking to last a life time cutie. You just sent
some pictures of a beautiful dress, that right there shows you still
have it on your mind. There are so many aspects to a wedding and I love
to know that you are thinking about all of them. We need a weekend where
we could lay down together and look at pictures. We will have that again
soon, and I cannot wait until we have it and you have that shining
diamond on your finger :)''

He''s on deployment right now with the military so thats why he''s talking about seeing eachother again soon (more like Jan and if not that May haha)

Anyway, my point is... have you talked to your SO about marriage seriously? If not you dont know if he thinks your crazy or not at all, girl!
2.gif
3.gif
I say go for it.. if its right your excitement should only fuel his and his fuel yours back! Your collage was beautiful and I dont think that its foolish or crazy to be fiddling around with this kind of stuff. All that talk about women dreaming of their weddings since they were little girls with pillow cases on their heads and teddy bears for grooms had to come from somewhere right? I think you have the right to dream about it now
2.gif
Oh yeah we talk about marriage seriously all the time....but up until recently it''s all just been ideas and "wouldn''t it be cool if we did this" kind of talk...I''ve never put all my ideas together before on paper sort of speak...I don''t think he would be scared or think I''m loosing it...He''d probably just laugh at me a little bit. I''d rather have his focus on getting a ring before he starts focusing on wedding details
9.gif

I think since I''m not really involved with the ring process anymore, I needed a place to redirect my energy...Wedding planning seemed logical right?!?
31.gif

Anyway, I know he''s equally as excited as I am about marriage and wedding details...I would just prefer not to overwhelm him (until it''s official anyway)!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw thanks ams! Preferably Fall, but I''d be open to winter or really early spring too. I''m just not a late spring or summer bride at all. I like me some cold weather. And I say "Whatever!" to trying to figure out my "theme" (I don''t think there actually is one) and base it on the season. Because I have absolutely no idea when we''ll tie the knot.

But that doesn''t keep me from dreaming of winter/spring/summer/fall weddings anyway!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,

That looks beautiful!!! You should have all of your stones in there too
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re naughty Linda! Although I did throw the Barry in there (I think that''s the one FF is leaning towards)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee Freke. Is that the one you really want too???

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Aw man, I feel upstaged by all these new ones!
39.gif
::scurries off to make another!
27.gif
::

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I dunno Linda! I think my most beloved stone is probably my pink Dan spinel because the rainbows it throws off are incredible. But I love Barry's cuts! I love those chunky facets! So. Basically whichever one he goes for, I'll be thrilled with. And besides, they both get to come to me afterwards, so I can always make the other into a solitaire!

ETA: Sunnyd, all the better! I love looking at them. So much more fun that stuff I should be doing. Like laundry.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Tadaaaaa!
3.gif

459bc.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunnyd. I LOVE that. Everything about it. Great job!!! It''s gorgeous

Linda

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Sunny it''s beautiful!! I love the reds...are you having a winter wedding too?
I love the fur shrug...I''m wanting to wear one too...and the vail with that dress!!!! I''m in love
30.gif
30.gif
with it!!!!

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god! I love everybody''s boards! They''re gorgeous. I love your reds sunnyd!!! I also want red, black and white. Here''s the one I''ve been working on all morning (while I should be doing work work
12.gif
). Let me know what you all think!!!

canvas1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results