shape
carat
color
clarity

Im new to this Help

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I have recently inherited a Diamond collection. My question is on some of my GIA reports (2135637002) it does not show the Clarity or Cut grade. The comments say NONE. I have a seller lined up and wants this info. The report is from 2011. Here is the GIA report the stone. https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2135637002&s=1586126857575

My guess is because it's an older 2011 report and it's classified as a heart brilliant and the grade is a fancy brown - pink.

BlueDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Should this be sent to be regraded? What would be a fair price as it stands? Thank you

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It is not going to have a cut grade because it is a heart shape and the GIA Cut Grading System only gives a cut grade to round brilliants. There are reports farther back from 2011 that include clarity grades for colored diamonds so I'm not sure what the deal is with this one. Under normal circumstances, I would suggest you contact GIA tomorrow for clarification. However, in light of the corona virus, the GIA is closed until further notice so at this point you are in a holding pattern. It would not be in both yours and your buyer's best interest to apply a value to this stone until you know its clarity (or why none was stated on the report). I would imagine the GIA will reopen after April 30th, unless the stay-at-home mandate is extended for California.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should this be sent to be regraded? What would be a fair price as it stands? Thank you

Price for colored stones has a lot to do with the color. Besides the report we cant actually see the color of the stone in your picture.

You can look at James Allen and Leibish to see if you can find comparable colored stones at retail cost. Of course what you sell
at will be a lot lower because you cant offer what a business offers as far as returns, etc.

From JA

EDIT - I dont think it needs to be regraded (its been in that package since 2011) unless you want to pick a report that gives you more
info. Really depends on the price you are trying to get for it. If you are letting it go at a lower price then the buyer can get a new report
if they want it. Just my opinion...others may differ. You could talk to an appraiser and see what they have to say about its value on the
second-hand market.

Last edited:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A GIA report on a colored diamond which was made to assure potential buyers the color is of natural origin and untreated does not necessarily include and extra cost for the clarity grade. Generally, such reports are made where the clarity grade is readily apparent to potential buyers and not a real feature of the stone. That means it is much more likely to be a lower clarity: SI2, I1, I2, or I3 range. Of course, yours may be an exception.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it needs to be re-graded. That's a pretty standard report for a fancy colored stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results