carat
color
clarity

I'm new and I got this Ebay Diamond...

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi, new here.
I got this gorgeous diamond off of ebay and I need some advice. It was sold to me as an 1.1ct L/M VS2 OEC, but my coworker told me it is more likely a M/N OMC. Not that I mind at all, it is gorgeous. My current ring is a .33 carat soli so this is an exciting and big upgrade. I am looking to change up the setting. Would a halo look good? Should I stick with the solitaire? If you have any pictures of a halo with a lower color diamond, that would be amazing! The first picture is comparing the ring to my coworkers 1.59ct, J (gorgeous) e-ring for color reference. Thanks!

3.jpeg 6.jpg 4.jpeg 1.jpeg
5.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 58

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a halo would look great. What an awesome upgrade! :love:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Neil takes excellent photos - you're so lucky to have her skills at work!! This was such a great find and I'm very excited for you. Personally I love the setting it's in and would probably just have it spiffed up and the prongs made into claws, but there's nothing ever wrong with a halo.

I had an N colored OEC set in a halo years ago and will find the link for you to my pics. I had the halo done with H/I stones to highlight the contrast and it was gorgeous (IMHO).

ETA: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/long-overdue-erd-reset.194337/
Here was my halo with my N.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! I echo @liaerfbv in that I would keep it in its original setting, but just have it cleaned & refined a bit. Congratulations!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find! I think a halo would be lovely. I thought I recognized your coworker's ring! You are lucky to have Niel to help you in person. The setting it is in is also a lovely vintage style like @liaerfbv said. :appl:

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Neil takes excellent photos - you're so lucky to have her skills at work!! This was such a great find and I'm very excited for you. Personally I love the setting it's in and would probably just have it spiffed up and the prongs made into claws, but there's nothing ever wrong with a halo.

I had an N colored OEC set in a halo years ago and will find the link for you to my pics. I had the halo done with H/I stones to highlight the contrast and it was gorgeous (IMHO).

ETA: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/long-overdue-erd-reset.194337/
Here was my halo with my N.

I was wondering if you all would notice who my coworkers ring belonged too. :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dunno I love the color play that single stone gets when they take these mid color diamonds and halo them in yellow gold

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find! A halo would be pretty, but the setting it's in is gorgeous! love the sister photo at the top!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so confused when I first read your post, because I was thinking..that looks JUST like Niel's ring!:lol:

Your diamond is beautiful and I think it would be fine to have someone work on the prongs and wear it as it is for awhile until you decide if you want a halo. (I hope Niel knows a jeweler who can work on the prongs, because not all can do it.) That way you can adjust to the size a bit at a time! But I love lower colored diamonds in platinum, yellow gold, and sometimes rose gold. I have an O color stone that I plan to set in mostly platinum.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was so confused when I first read your post, because I was thinking..that looks JUST like Niel's ring!:lol:

Your diamond is beautiful and I think it would be fine to have someone work on the prongs and wear it as it is for awhile until you decide if you want a halo. (I hope Niel knows a jeweler who can work on the prongs, because not all can do it.) That way you can adjust to the size a bit at a time! But I love lower colored diamonds in platinum, yellow gold, and sometimes rose gold. I have an O color stone that I plan to set in mostly platinum.
That is what I am leaning towards. I have time to reset it if I want! :angel:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with DS. I would leave it for now with maybe some prong tweaks. Lucky you you have Niel to consult in person!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That table tho :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous find!!! Really beautiful! And yes to that table. :love: For now I would leave it as is (and find someone with Niel's help to do the prong work) and live with it for a while and see what your heart really wants. LOVE this ring! :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful find! Congratulations

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, beautiful stone! And that crown :love:! A halo would be really pretty but I also love the setting it's in too. I'll mirror the suggestions to clean up the prongs and wear it for awhile and take your time deciding what you want to do with her :roll2:. Here's a YG halo I came across and I think it's so pretty. It does have an airline though so that's not for everyone =)2. Just throwing out ideas :P2.

upload_2018-2-3_7-56-34.png

upload_2018-2-3_8-0-16.png

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I came here from your other thread! The stone was a beauty as a solitaire also! How I would like to have a college like @Niel to find me such diamonds on eBay!!=)2

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful, beautiful stone! And that crown :love:! A halo would be really pretty but I also love the setting it's in too. I'll mirror the suggestions to clean up the prongs and wear it for awhile and take your time deciding what you want to do with her :roll2:. Here's a YG halo I came across and I think it's so pretty. It does have an airline though so that's not for everyone =)2. Just throwing out ideas :P2.

upload_2018-2-3_7-56-34.png

upload_2018-2-3_8-0-16.png

I LOVE this idea and think OP's beautiful stone would be fabulous in it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I like the look of solitaires worn with bands but buying bands does get expensive. So if it is a bigger look you are going for I would choose a halo or an antique style setting.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I like the look of solitaires worn with bands but buying bands does get expensive. So if it is a bigger look you are going for I would choose a halo or an antique style setting.
Thank you! We ended up doing a gorgeous 3 stone!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand wanting a halo but it looks gorgeous as it is! Congrats on a great find!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond. I wouldn't halo it. I find halo's distracting at times, and that diamond should shine all on its own (no pun intended). It's unique, I would leave it that way. Just get the prongs a bit daintier. ::)

Congrats on a great buy. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results