shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m new...and engaged! Here are the pics :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! That is a gorgeous, gorgeous ring! Tell your FI that you don''t care about such details, but there are hundreds of women just waiting for the info!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 9:01:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Lol! That is a gorgeous, gorgeous ring! Tell your FI that you don''t care about such details, but there are hundreds of women just waiting for the info!
Haha so funny! I remember sitting and not-so-patiently dying for a few people''s rings/details to be put up!!

I need to get a life...I am sitting at work reviewing contracts and get so excited for the distraction of a new post!
19.gif

ahah

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W That is one stunning ring!!! I love the diamond and that beautiful setting! It''s totally gorgeous - the whole package! I''m waiting for details as well!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
30.gif
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! I love it!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It''s too late to take more pics, but here is another I haven''t posted yet...

kdkielldogks.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
And one more...this is it for now!

ldosjdiengid.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 4:37:22 PM
Author: October2008bride

However I know it is pretty darn massive and I am lucky to have it! My FI has always said NO UPGRADES so I''m glad he did it this way the first time around ;-)
Congratulations on your engagement and on that beautiful diamond ring.

I agree no upgrades will ever be needed. But, no worries, if life treats you both well, there are 9 other fingers that can be decorated with beautiful bling!
31.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 10:55:26 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 9/5/2007 4:37:22 PM

However I know it is pretty darn massive and I am lucky to have it! My FI has always said NO UPGRADES so I''m glad he did it this way the first time around ;-)
Congratulations on your engagement and on that beautiful diamond ring.

I agree no upgrades will ever be needed. But, no worries, if life treats you both well, there are 9 other fingers that can be decorated with beautiful bling!
31.gif
Hahah that is something to keep in mind...I''m already working on him for my wedding band... :)

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
Wow, I love your ring! It's HUGE! Your fiance did a great job! Your diamond is soooo sparkly and the setting is beautiful! EVERYONE will notice that stunner! I went back and looked at your photos 3X. They are amazing!
You are a lucky girl to have gotten a ring of such substantial size right from the start. Getting your e-ring, then knowing in the back of your mind that you really want bigger, then waiting till the right time to spring it on your fiance/husband that you want an upgrade, is a grueling process. You get to skip all that and just think about being in love and wearing your e-ring forever, just as it is!
Aaaaah, now the wedding band picking, and wedding plans! It's an extremely exciting time!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 4:33:05 PM
Author: hearts-arrows_girl
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!
Wow, I love your ring! It''s HUGE! Your fiance did a great job! Your diamond is soooo sparkly and the setting is beautiful! EVERYONE will notice that stunner! I went back and looked at your photos 3X. They are amazing!
You are a lucky girl to have gotten a ring of such substantial size right from the start. Getting your e-ring, then knowing in the back of your mind that you really want bigger, then waiting till the right time to spring it on your fiance/husband that you want an upgrade, is a grueling process. You get to skip all that and just think about being in love and wearing your e-ring forever, just as it is!
Aaaaah, now the wedding band picking, and wedding plans! It''s an extremely exciting time!
Thanks for such a nice post! I do feel really lucky that I received such a nice ring...I think part of that luck comes with us both having waited until we were more established in our careers, so it wasn''t as big of a financial burden. So all that time waiting was worth it!!

I''ve been wondering about a wedding band...there is a small circle of diamonds that stops one from sitting flush...wondering whether the gap would be fine or if I should move it to my right hand and get a nice eternity band for my left?
31.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
@>--->-*exquisite*
@>--->-div>​

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean about a possible gap, but who cares! A gap isn't a bad thing. It would be such a shame to have that incredible ring as a RHR. I find people usually check out our left hands first. Ask a few of the gals on here to post there sets that have a gap. The sets I've seen look wonderful. But that's just me, I love my two rings on the same hand. (type in the word "gap" in the search box above. There are a ton of photos.
And how funny is it that we all diligently wait for new replies to our posts. I know I couldn't wait to check mine as often as I could.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beauty!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy!

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
wowie!!!!!!! it''s gorgeous! congratulations~~ i love the profile shots of your ring~

DIAMOND DAN

Rough_Rock
October2008Bride,
Congratz !
Your picture really captures the crisp sharpness of an excellent cut and excellent finished diamond.
The well defined pavillion facets that appear as the dark arrows are perfect.
I bought some AGS 000 diamonds last year and your''s kills mine.
Sometimes these AGS 000 cuts have much broader pavillion facets giving the diamond a darker appearance.
Attached a Round 0.80ct AGS 000
Your diamond is perfectly balanced allowing more light in than mine. I am envious.
Do you know where the diamond was cut and polished?
Hope you are a good cook. Any guy who buys a diamond that perfect deserves to be well fed.
DK

RBC 0.80ct E VVS1 AGS#7533101 000.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beautiful gorgeous ring-I love it!! Congrats on your engagement!

annie121

Rough_Rock
That is one yummy ring!
18.gif

I guess you haven''t been nosy enough since you haven''t posted any new info on the ring. But I would love to find out where he got the setting from. I absolutely love the profile shot.
30.gif
Does the ring sit up high? Have you decided on a wedding band?

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, your ring is gorgeous!

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
A work of art!
It''s a beauty.
Congrats!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 9:15:12 PM
Author: annie121
That is one yummy ring!
18.gif

I guess you haven''t been nosy enough since you haven''t posted any new info on the ring. But I would love to find out where he got the setting from. I absolutely love the profile shot.
30.gif
Does the ring sit up high? Have you decided on a wedding band?

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!
Thanks!! I tried bringing it up with my FI however all I could get out of him was that he bought the diamond online, and the setting was not custom made...but he wouldn''t tell me where he got it! He''s so sneaky!

As far as how high it sits, maybe just over 1/4 of an inch. I think it is a great height. Low enough to be comfy and not get in the way, but high enough to still get lots of light etc.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Holy mackeral! I was browsing through the first few pics and was thinking what a huge gorgeous diamond and then I saw the profile shots and my jaw just went KA-CHUNK! That diamond with that setting is just to die for!!!! Congratulations!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 3:36:52 PM
Author: jfo
Holy mackeral! I was browsing through the first few pics and was thinking what a huge gorgeous diamond and then I saw the profile shots and my jaw just went KA-CHUNK! That diamond with that setting is just to die for!!!! Congratulations!
Thanks Jfo! That is my favourite part too!! I wish I didn''t sit in a beige office all day...the lighting in here isn''t great for my ring....which is why I keep looking at my pictures to remind me of how it looks in actual sunlight!! Ohhhh to be in a windowless office....sigh...

mamalala

Rough_Rock
That is one A-MA-ZING diamond!!!!!
30.gif

My diamond aspires to be as big and brilliant as yours in 10 years!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I''m not usually a fan of the more traditional style rings but yours made me drool. I just love the extra detailing. It''s beautiful!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 5:14:09 PM

Date: 9/11/2007 3:36:52 PM
Author: jfo
Thanks Jfo! That is my favourite part too!! I wish I didn''t sit in a beige office all day...the lighting in here isn''t great for my ring....which is why I keep looking at my pictures to remind me of how it looks in actual sunlight!! Ohhhh to be in a windowless office....sigh...
Ha ha, I too sit in a poorly lit office. It bums me out sometimes! You''ll have to take (and share
31.gif
) more pictures so you can have more to look at!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 6:25:20 PM
Author: MoonWater
I''m not usually a fan of the more traditional style rings but yours made me drool. I just love the extra detailing. It''s beautiful!
It''s funny you called it traditional...my FI originally wanted a tiffany-style solitaire or nothing! However I wanted something a little more...sparkly :)

Thanks for the compliments though!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 11:01:53 AM
Hmm...I''m trying to make one of these pics into an avatar...but it''s all squished looking!

Any suggestions?

Wow, just came back to see the photos of the side view of your ring... and I must say it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
18.gif

As for the avatar... make sure that your picture file is exactly 96x96 pixels when you upload it.... it will not look squished if you do that.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers, O2008B! Where on earth have I been this past week??? I can''t believe I missed this thread! That ring is so unique...I love that you won''t see anyone else with that on! Congratulations!!! You are one very lucky lady!

And, BTW, welcome to PS!!!
35.gif
We''re glad you''re here!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results