shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm feeling a bit better now, hows bout you?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the future as less bleak and hopeless with a vaccine on the horizon and that unmentionable American problem addressed.
Things will never be the same, but I'm feeling they will at least be somewhat better.

Penny for your thoughts, but avoid politics folks. :naughty:

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's been BAU here for me despite all the proverbial hitting the fan with Covid here in our state previously. Just glad that we as a population managed to get that under control again and can now move forward again, albeit now with some trepidation about the people in charge of our state.

We bought our first home two months ago so there's that too :mrgreen:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hopeful now that a vaccine is being rolled out here in the UK from next week. We are being told that by Easter we should be on the up, with a full return to normal life by summer.

I can handle that timescale. It's bright.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sad because we recorded one case yesterday. We were doing so well. Our Premier needs a holiday and I just feel bad for her because this case has now sent everyone into a tizzy.

We came so close to 28 days without a case.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m very relieved that a vaccine is coming soon...I’m still nervous though..My husband works in an office and travels by car to different sites. He’s not worried at all about getting it..I think that’s dangerous thinking. I’m so afraid he will bring it home to us before the vaccine is available to us.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only a little longer @MamaBee please keep safe.
Eh, I am not feeling very optimistic. My county is recording almost 9% positivity rates for almost two weeks. We still have hybrid in-school learning happening. My district has had a lot of cases. We can’t get testing without symptoms and the waits are hours long!
Feels like we have a long way to go here... :pray:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree. Better times are on the way!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m feeling more positive about things too. Ironically, that’s what has me worried. I fear that between the holidays and the sense of relief, people will really let their guards down. I fear that we’re in for a bad winter because of it.

that said, knowing that vaccines are being rolled out is a great relief.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
20+% positivity rate, area icu 79% full with some hospitals at 95%+ and a few relatives that have it or had it, thankfully all mild cases. 3 cases in our building.
My wifey's boss wont even come into the city but expects my wifey to go into apartments and stores to get stuff.
No, I dont see any reason to be optimistic at all.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i felt very emotional seeing the vacine about to be available in the UK

this while covid thing has been so tragically horrible for so many families
i was also happy to see that residents of old age care facilities are a priority
becsuse our old and most vaunarable have been failed miserably no matter where in the world you look
(well except maybe Taiwan who have done a commendable job only having a covid death toll of 7 - saddly that's still 7 families missing a loved one)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sad because we recorded one case yesterday. We were doing so well. Our Premier needs a holiday and I just feel bad for her because this case has now sent everyone into a tizzy.

We came so close to 28 days without a case.

hold tight and stay safe
we got through the winter
we can get through the summer so long as our people don't become complacent

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hold tight and stay safe
we got through the winter
we can get through the summer so long as our people don't become complacent

She caught it from cleaning the room of aircrew who arrived from the US!!!

Hopefully a vaccine will arrive soon otherwise they might seriously look at sending people into the desert to quarantine.

inne

Shiny_Rock
I am feeling such renewed hope with the vaccines, especially after talking about them with my sister-in-law, who has worked on one of them. And seeing the extraordinary efforts by scientists around the world has been really incredible. Part of me still can't quite believe that it's real.

I will likely be amongst the last to be eligible for vaccination, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Isolating and not travelling and having so few activities suddenly seem much more manageable when I have reassurance that it will end, even if it takes another year.

But I am also feeling something very unexpected: I don't want certain things about the last 10 months to end. I love that my husband works from home now and doesn't have to fly around all over god's green earth. I love that I have forged much closer relationships with certain people. I love that there has been a kind of collective acceptance of vulnerability and deep empathy in a way that I have never before seen. Meanwhile, some people in my life have revealed very ugly sides of themselves and I fear our relationships may be damaged permanently. It will be a little scary to see how it all translates or disappears into normal life.

I am also a bit worried about not being able to let go of anxiety. People aren't even getting the vaccine yet, so this may be a completely premature and unfounded worry. But for weeks I have been having dreams that I am standing too close to someone, that they are standing too close to me, that I have forgotten my mask, etc. And I have these dreams almost every night. I wonder how long it will take for that to stop being part of my emotional fabric.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She caught it from cleaning the room of aircrew who arrived from the US!!!

Hopefully a vaccine will arrive soon otherwise they might seriously look at sending people into the desert to quarantine.

here they are going to give vaccine priority to boarder workers - im assuming in that contex that would includes the hotel workers at the isolation/ quareteen facilities
hopefully it will be the same for your boarder workers
for the wages a cleaner is on, its not really fare she caught covid - i hope she only has a mild case

we had a hotel worker early on, who caught it from a lift button but by now we should all be a lot smarter at saying safe, yet we had a boarder worker who was a nurse catch it in the last cluster
its such a sneeky horrible virus

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto about the vaccine. Our PM was criticised that he didn’t want to join the EU on testing, but it means that our vaccination programme can be rolled out a lot quicker and hopefully a return to a more normal life.

We regularly check the stats for our area, and it’s never been particularly bad here, although we’ve complied with all the restrictions that’s been placed on us.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto about the vaccine. Our PM was criticised that he didn’t want to join the EU on testing, but it means that our vaccination programme can be rolled out a lot quicker and hopefully a return to a more normal life.

We regularly check the stats for our area, and it’s never been particularly bad here, although we’ve complied with all the restrictions that’s been placed on us.

they has been a bit of talk here about the wait for a vacine to arrive - its ordered but we don't know much else but the freezers arn't due till late Dec.
7 freezers everdently is enough for all the vacines for everybody

but no body is complaining that countries hard hit like the UK get to go first

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
It's good news that we have a vaccine being rolled out so quickly but I worry about the fact that this virus is constantly mutating. Will they have to constantly come up with new vaccine's to keep up with the virus?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's good news that we have a vaccine being rolled out so quickly but I worry about the fact that this virus is constantly mutating. Will they have to constantly come up with new vaccine's to keep up with the virus?

I am NO expert, but I would think it might be similar to the flu. Where in, if you are vaccinated for some strands it at least gives you SOME protection against others. I had this experience this year with the FLU. The annual vaccine did NOT cover the strand I got, but I was only "sick" for about two days, and completely recovered in 5. VS a few weeks overall. I'll take any step towards not getting severly ill, even if it's not perfect.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I believe they expect it to remain viable to fight COVID through mutations.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
The past nine months have been an emotional roller coaster for me, and it hasn't really changed much even with the hope of effective vaccines. I pretty much vacilate between being mildly optimistic, then downright depressed about our country and our selfish citizens that don't give a damn about anything else but their personal freedoms. Not political, as I feel that this selfishness is a worldwide problem, people just don't care anymore. Whatever happened to personal integrity, honesty, and just doing the decent thing... caring for others and the planet we all share?

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only a little longer @MamaBee please keep safe.
Eh, I am not feeling very optimistic. My county is recording almost 9% positivity rates for almost two weeks. We still have hybrid in-school learning happening. My district has had a lot of cases. We can’t get testing without symptoms and the waits are hours long!
Feels like we have a long way to go here... :pray:

Thank you @Slick1 I can’t believe you can’t get testing...We can get it in Pa...My son and daughter-in-law can also get it in Virginia...I wonder why you have to wait for symptoms...What kind of masks do you wear. Are you wearing a shield over your mask? Big hugs..

After hearing the sad news that @AprilBaby lost a close friend to Covid...I heard from my close friend that she also lost a friend. That really threw me...I talked to my husband....He said he will work from home during the holidays...and stay at one work location until that time. He can fortunately get a test before I come home on Sunday. He never did this before but he knows I’m back to being nervous like the beginning of the pandemic...After the holidays I have to do paperwork for David...At that point I’m coming back here to Maryland...I’ll miss him but I can’t take the stress of him working..
I’m still going to doctor visits trying to be extra careful. My mom’s basal cell cancer looks like it came back. They did extensive surgery on her in 2018. I have to bring her back to the derm on her 95th birthday...That will be scary..

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not a train!

That's how I am feeling at the moment.

The "B" issue that cannot be discussed is still causing concerns in UK for many industries, including pharma, and I just have to take it one day at a time.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am feeling such renewed hope with the vaccines, especially after talking about them with my sister-in-law, who has worked on one of them. And seeing the extraordinary efforts by scientists around the world has been really incredible. Part of me still can't quite believe that it's real.

I will likely be amongst the last to be eligible for vaccination, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Isolating and not travelling and having so few activities suddenly seem much more manageable when I have reassurance that it will end, even if it takes another year.

But I am also feeling something very unexpected: I don't want certain things about the last 10 months to end. I love that my husband works from home now and doesn't have to fly around all over god's green earth. I love that I have forged much closer relationships with certain people. I love that there has been a kind of collective acceptance of vulnerability and deep empathy in a way that I have never before seen. Meanwhile, some people in my life have revealed very ugly sides of themselves and I fear our relationships may be damaged permanently. It will be a little scary to see how it all translates or disappears into normal life.

I am also a bit worried about not being able to let go of anxiety. People aren't even getting the vaccine yet, so this may be a completely premature and unfounded worry. But for weeks I have been having dreams that I am standing too close to someone, that they are standing too close to me, that I have forgotten my mask, etc. And I have these dreams almost every night. I wonder how long it will take for that to stop being part of my emotional fabric.

I have the same exact dreams every night @inne...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I'm in PA too and can't get tested unless I show symptoms. The usual testing places are also low on test kits so I'm guessing that's why they have that policy. Appointments are now a few days off and although there's new reported cases daily, in-person schooling is still happening.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

While I am so happy to know vaccines are on the way, I am more afraid now than when it all began. There are so many people that have Covid 19 that everyone person you deal with you must assume they have it , Whereas the hospital in my location initially had only a few, they now are at capacity and ask nurses to work extra shifts, Its spreading thru the nursing homes in my area, going from bad to worse.

I agree with above poster who is alarmed at how our population has responded to the crisis. When the aids crisis took hold, people clamored to outwardly identify those who had aids. They charged people if they thought they deliberately caused another person to become infected. Here the same standards to not apply. Its ridiculous. Personal freedom doesn't come before public health.

This is an American Tragedy. We have seen our ugly side . Something has changed in our society.. I am not that hopeful.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the future as less bleak and hopeless with a vaccine on the horizon and that unmentionable American problem addressed.
Things will never be the same, but I'm feeling they will at least be somewhat better.
I feel the same as I did 9 months ago. I refuse to let Covid change my life. My life goes on with or w/o Covid. I wear a mask out in public and sanitize my hands.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely feeling more optimistic in general. Think Oz handled pandemic well and our economic recovery seems to be slowly returning. Horrified at the sheer volume of cases on the US and UK at the moment - sending prayers your way...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel better and like there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Everything in life is temporary but that's hard to remember when you're in the thick of the bad parts.

I don't know if anyone else still keeps a paper calendar but I received one from my local indie hardware store for 2020 and I cannot wait to torch that f***** at 12:01 a.m. New Years Day.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel much better after my haircut today. Today is the last day for haircuts before they close up shop again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results