shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angela

Rough_Rock
He asked me on Friday night, but I didn''t want to post until I could get pictures of the ring (which wasn''t finished until today). He wanted to be able to surprise me, and was trying to figure out how since we had done all of the shopping together, but he did a great job.

We live about 1 hour and 45 minutes away from each other, so are only able to see each other on the weekend. He surprised me by being there when I got home from work. I had been talking about wanting to go to this fancy shmancy restaurant here called Bartolotta''s (French Bistro - yummy!). He had made a banner and hung it up in the living room so I would see it when I walked in the door. It said "Lottabarto''s". (his name is Bart). He is a wonderful cook and had a whole meal planned. He said that since it was daylight savings time this weekend, he needed to come up early so we could still have the same amount of time together.
1.gif
(Sneaky!) I thought maybe something was up, but quickly dismissed that since we didn''t even have the ring yet.

We took the dog for a walk in the park, then came back and he started cooking. I helped a bit, but mostly just stood around chatting and having some wine. We cooked, and ate, and talked, and enjoyed each other''s company. We were cleaning up, and I was sitting (having more wine) and all of the sudden he was in front of me, down on one knee.
eek.gif
It was much better than anything I ever could have imagined - very personal, and very special.

We told my family, but are going to announce to his family this weekend since we will see them for Easter.
21.gif

Here are some pictures, but I''m warning you, my camera is acting goofy, so it has been hit or miss with the quality. I picked the best ones.
1.gif
Too bad they don''t do it justice, it''s so beautiful and sparkles like crazy!

angela

Rough_Rock
Here's one in the box (yeah, like it stayed there any longer than it had to!)

129_2937.JPG

angela

Rough_Rock
One on the hand...

129_2939.JPG

angela

Rough_Rock
Another on the hand...
1.gif

129_2924.JPG

angela

Rough_Rock
And the last one... (for now!)

129_2940.JPG

angela

Rough_Rock
Sorry - here's the specs for anyone who hasn't seen them in my other thread... It's an I SI1 - one of Whiteflash's expert selection.

my diamond sarin report.gif

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations I love the swirl style. Is that a tension set?

angela

Rough_Rock
It's actually channel set, but looks like a tension from the top. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures from the side, but my camera and I are not speaking to each other right now...
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Angela, Angela, Angela...don't be mad at the camera. Your ring is beautiful!!! They did a beautiful job with your design. That stone looks like it sparkles like mad. Cameras just have a hard time picking up the "twinkles." (technical term) Besides, if you get mad at your camera, they have ways of getting back at you. This is PS, we need pictures, lots and lots of pictures! If the pictures were perfect, you would have no excuse to take more of them; and fiance would then begin to question your camera obsession.
11.gif

All joking aside...that is a truly beautiful ring. Congrats and best wishes. Wear it in health and happy times.

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
BTW, love the proposal story.

Shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring, the stone is super sparkly and the setting emphasizes the stone. It looks bigger than a 1.09!! Always nice!
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Angela. Your ring is lovely. I love the unique setting!
lickout.gif

DiamondLil

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, Angela!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out beautifully Angela! You had great vision in having it created. Best wishes on your engagement!

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you and your finace on your engagement! The proposal story was so sweet. I love the simple and personal proposals. Your ring is beautiful, it turned out great!

angela

Rough_Rock
Well, we just announced to his family. We had a nice dinner, and they opened champaigne as well as getting on the phone to the rest of the family right away. Very exciting! It's all official.
1.gif
Thanks for all of the compliments - I'm happy to be able to wear the ring again, since I had to take it off until we announced to his family.

Every time I look at it, it looks much bigger than a carat. It's so sparkly and beautiful - I'm on a cloud right now!
love.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Angela

The ring is beautiful!! I remember you talking about the design of it, and it's as lovely as you had hoped!

May your days together be long, happy, and as lovely as your ring!

win

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratu;ations Angela..
1.gif

Your setting is really unique...
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results