shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m back, MARRIED, and have Pro Pic Teasers!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 10:32:43 AM
Author: mayachel
Yay! Congratulations on your new lives together. You look beautiful. I love the red in the dress and how you used the fall colors throughout your day. The tree theme really tied together perfectly. And all those food pictures make me hungry! I love the mix of formal wedding and personalization you and your new *husband* brought to the day. The happiness shows!

Thank you so much. Like everyone else here we put in a lot of time and effort. and yay! I have a husband... he he...still get butterflies with that!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 11:55:49 AM
Author: vc10um
Ahhhh! You posted more while/after I commented!!!

I LOVE your favors! The apples looked so lovely and those little trees are just beautiful!!!

And the mashed potato bar is a GREAT idea! And they look so yummy in that martini glass!!!

Thank you!!! the mashed potato bar was great! I think i got a bite, really didn''t eat at all that day, but the guests said it was wonderful!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 12:13:39 PM
Author: Rock_of_Love
Yay!!! What great pics!!! Gorgeous wedding! You looked fabulous!

THANK YOU!
25.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photos! I especially love your color scheme and your bouquet!!!
30.gif
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I love the colors! and that you brought things you love into your wedding decor, like the swords. I also really like the little pumpkins and the mashed potatos (I LOVE POTATOS... made me wish I had been a guest at your wedding).

could you tell us more about your husband''s suit? I haven''t seen anything like that before. was just wondering what kind of style it is, where he got it, why he decided on a silver tie, etc. it looks really good on him.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 4:29:37 AM
Author: noelwr
wow, I love the colors! and that you brought things you love into your wedding decor, like the swords. I also really like the little pumpkins and the mashed potatos (I LOVE POTATOS... made me wish I had been a guest at your wedding).

could you tell us more about your husband''s suit? I haven''t seen anything like that before. was just wondering what kind of style it is, where he got it, why he decided on a silver tie, etc. it looks really good on him.

Thank you so much!

As for my husbands suit, its kind of a long story. He really wanted a long jacket, not something traditional, to compliment my semi non-traditional dress. We tried to add personal touches everywhere in our wedding and he isn''t a guy that follows tradition. We really like the medieval period but he didn''t want something too costume-y. He did some searching and found a custom design place that did nice period costume long jackets for about $500, so we inquired with them. He wanted it to be pure dress wool and these were denim, so we had them source wool, would have cost us about another $200, so no biggie. But he also wanted it lined in satin, to give that shine when he walked and it flared out. They said they would have to double the price to make a coat with the lining b/c its essentially making two coats...... so screw them!

So we contacted our seamstress to see if she would be able to do something custom, and low and behold that kind of period outfit is her passion!!! So it began, he sat down drew out what he wanted, we found pewter celtic buttons and clasps, and went to the fabric store with the seamstress as well. Even found Calvin wool on the spool to use! She did a phenomenal job, its pleated in the back so that it flares out with a chain clasp, and its fully lined in black satin with it wrapping around the bottoms to form a satin border. Also the lapels are satin on top and bottom of the coat.
He normally wears all black, but we have found that doesn''t show too well in photos - no contrast, so he found the vest online - its called asphalt, and its really all shades of grey, black and silver. Very neat in person. We originally had a charcoal tie, but blended too well, so we went with a lighter irridescent grey one. The pants are just tux pants from men''s warehouse!
He wanted orchids for his bout but the florist couldn''t order the right rust color, so we ended up with a flame calla lilly, which I thought was beautiful.
He really did all this himself and it took about 9 months from start to finish, but it really is incredible. I just gave my two cents here and there!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Can I just say, you have really beautiful hair!

Congratulations! Everything turned out beautiful!
36.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
rhbgirl24 - thanks so much for telling me all abour your husband''s suit. I think it''s fantastic that he made the decisions himself what he wanted and paid attention to the contrasting vest and tie. it really shows that this wedding was important to him and how much he loves you.
9.gif
and also it turned out so beautiful - not customey at all. it really looks like a suit, but with an original coat.

I also love your trash-the-dress photos. especially the one with you two where the hay/grass comes up in front of your faces.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 5:07:06 AM
Author: noelwr
rhbgirl24 - thanks so much for telling me all abour your husband''s suit. I think it''s fantastic that he made the decisions himself what he wanted and paid attention to the contrasting vest and tie. it really shows that this wedding was important to him and how much he loves you.
9.gif
and also it turned out so beautiful - not customey at all. it really looks like a suit, but with an original coat.

I also love your trash-the-dress photos. especially the one with you two where the hay/grass comes up in front of your faces.

Thank you. He has a wonderful attention to detail and he put a lot of time and effort into our wedding. We did everything together and it was a great experience, even when we disagreed.
Thanks for the compliment on the TTD, it was fun and I loved the outcome!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! I love all the fall touches
1.gif
especially that cake and your bouquet.
You''re favors are great too...love the caramel apples
Sorry to hear about the rain..I got married the day before you and it rained in between the ceremony and reception. I love that you still got outside pictures with the foliage!
We went to Vegas after the wedding too! It was pretty chilly, the week before it was lay by the pool weather!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 12:33:08 PM
Author: luvbug
Congrats!! I love all the fall touches
1.gif
especially that cake and your bouquet.

You''re favors are great too...love the caramel apples

Sorry to hear about the rain..I got married the day before you and it rained in between the ceremony and reception. I love that you still got outside pictures with the foliage!

We went to Vegas after the wedding too! It was pretty chilly, the week before it was lay by the pool weather!

Sorry you had rain as well. Still a wonderful day tho I''m sure!!! Tahoe was great weather wise most of the time - no rain, high in the 60s, tho for two days it was cold - one day high 29 and it snowed, the next day, day of the TTD shoot it was in the 40s and cloudy. But oh well!

Vegas was in the low eighties and sunny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results