shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m an idiot. I lost my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
DH and I were going out for dinner and I was rushing around trying to get ready before I got home. I was doing a quick wash of my ring and being in a hurry I didn''t plug the sink and dropped it.

The next morning the plumbers took up the floor in the bathroom and the ceiling in the kitchen and went through all of the pipes. It was nowhere to be found.

We called our insurance company, but they were closed for the holiday. Our policy states that coverage is at replacement cost. What exactly does this mean?

I can''t believe I''m such an idiot. I have been especially careful since we''ve been here because they don''t have goosenecks on the drains.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no, Rebot. I feel for you. I''m not sure about the insurance question, but I am sending HUGS your way.

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that you lost your ring Rebot! There have been some recent threads on insurance coverage that you might look up. I believe the replacement cost means the insurance company's cost to replace your ring.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost my ring about 4 months ago. I called my agent right away. They cut me a check for what it was insured for. I have State Farm with a personal articles rider. Good luck. I am sorry. I was so sad when I lost my ring and ended up getting the same exact setting.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is terrible. You must feel awful.

I'm hoping your insurance claim goes well and you soon are shopping for a new baby.

I'd also get a trap installed under every drain.
In the mean time get those strainers for every drain.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry Rebot, I hope the replacement process goes smoothly for you!!!!

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I feel terrible. My heart stopped when I dropped it. We will have to look into getting a trap put in. Now there is just a plastic hose that runs from the basin to the floor. When we moved, the movers broke our projector and his skis and all we had to do is show the receipt and find the current selling price and they cut us a check. I''m hoping it will be that easy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry this happened, I will cross my fingers that you find a beautiful replacement!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 10:13:59 PM
Author: Skippy123
I lost my ring about 4 months ago. I called my agent right away. They cut me a check for what it was insured for. I have State Farm with a personal articles rider. Good luck. I am sorry. I was so sad when I lost my ring and ended up getting the same exact setting.
Skippy, did they not even try and replace it first? I have SF also with a rider also. I'm just kind of amazed if they instantly cut you a check, although I think that's great.

Sorry to hear of you and Rebot's misfortunes.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 7:45:48 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/23/2006 10:13:59 PM
Author: Skippy123
Skippy, did they not even try and replace it first? I have SF also with a rider also. I''m just kind of amazed if they instantly cut you a check, although I think that''s great.

Sorry to hear of you and Rebot''s misfortunes.
I have SF as well and was told I would recieve a check if the ring was lost/stolen. Hope I never have to find out. So sorry Rebot. Good luck!
15.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 8:12:03 AM
Author: jazmine
I have SF as well and was told I would recieve a check if the ring was lost/stolen. Hope I never have to find out. So sorry Rebot. Good luck!
15.gif
Interesting. My agent said they would try to replace it first, but if not, they''d cut a check. He did made it sound like they wouldn''t try all that hard.

I too hope I never need to find out, but it''s sounding rather painless if so, which is great news.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry. I hope this all gets worked out for you soon so you can find a new stone. I can imagine the feeling when you watched it go down the drain. Yikes!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rebot, oh no--I'm so sorry to hear about this! Hopefully the insurance process will be quick and painless and you can get a new ring on your finger shortly.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Rebot, I''m so sorry! I sure hope the insurance is worked out quickly so you can get working on replacing the ring. Let us know when you get more info
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rebot, what a stinky thing to happen... I am so sorry.

I am NOT an insurance expert, but replacement value would seem to me to mean whatever it would cost TODAY to replace it with what you had...meaning carat weight, color, clarity etc...that is what you get from them...but do not quote me since again I am no expert!

Hoping your call to them tomorrow goes well!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you lost your ring. Hope the replacement process goes smoothly.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rebot,

I am so so sorry! I lost a side stone in my ring and am flipping out, I can only imagine how you are feeling. I hope this gets resolves quickly and fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results