shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My heart aches to hear of your loss....take care of yourself PB!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been on ps for a while, but I just read your horrible news. I'm so sorry for your loss. So heartbreaking and my thoughts go out to you.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I'm so so sorry, Pinto. Sending you lots of hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and am continuing to send good wishes your way. All words seem so inadequate but I hope it helps knowing so many people are thinking of you and sending good wishes and love your way. (((HUGS))).

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean, I'm so sad to to read this. Everyone has said everything I want to say so I'm sending you the biggest hug I can over the internet.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
While I can appear social, it takes a lot out of me and I'm actually an introvert. I also don't let a lot of people in, but it can be easier over the Internet shielded behind a screen name. My husband and I did everything together. Even when we were just friends, he was the one to drop everything and be there for me. I miss my other half. I am heart broken

Pinto, I could have written the first part of this post, word for word. I am so sorry you have had this happen. Life can really suck sometimes. My DH is the first person in the world who "really gets me" and I have lived in a state of anxiety since we have been married about what life would be like without him. I can't know what you are feeling, or going through, but I know that it must be overwhelmingly surreal. Like so many others, I am so saddened that I can't do more for you. I hope that it gives you some comfort to know how many here care about you.

Last edited:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Pinto, just passing along my condolences and letting you know how sorry I am to hear this news. Sending healing thoughts that you find peace and comfort in the coming days, weeks, and months.

Reactions: ame

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I felt a bit of jealousy when my SIL's friend (her roommate in college and in their first apartment in the real world) drove down to be with her.

While I can appear social, it takes a lot out of me and I'm actually an introvert. I also don't let a lot of people in, but it can be easier over the Internet shielded behind a screen name. My husband and I did everything together. Even when we were just friends, he was the one to drop everything and be there for me. I miss my other half. I am heart broken.

Pinto
, Sweetheart, this is a safe place whenever you want to share your feelings.

Unfortunately, as has been mentioned, there will probably be a roller-coaster of emotions.
We'll try to help you through it.

I wish I could do more, but I know that what you really want is to have your dear husband back.

Big Hugs

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a fellow introvert, I totally get what you said. It's exhausting to be with others sometimes. But, there are times it can be our greatest help. Please let your IRL friends be there for you and if there's anything we can do for you collectively or indivially, please just ask. People feel great when they can help others, especially in times like these. Let us help ease your burdens.

Thinking of you today. I hope you get some rest. Remember to eat too. Lots of virtual hugs are coming your way.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't stopped thinking about you, and wanted to say that as as difficult as it will be to get through the services, you will somehow find the strength. I'm sure I speak for us all, when I say we will be with you in spirit, and hope this will in some small way, help give you the strength you need. Take care of yourself.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB -- you have been in my thoughts constantly. Please do let us know if there is anything you need. You know we are all here to listen and talk and send virtual hugs. If you need/want anything more, just reach out. I know it isn't easy as I am another introvert.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I felt a bit of jealousy when my SIL's friend (her roommate in college and in their first apartment in the real world) drove down to be with her.

While I can appear social, it takes a lot out of me and I'm actually an introvert. I also don't let a lot of people in, but it can be easier over the Internet shielded behind a screen name. My husband and I did everything together. Even when we were just friends, he was the one to drop everything and be there for me. I miss my other half. I am heart broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you have a few close (in heart) girl friends who you can share your thoughts and feelings with?

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Have been thinking of you since I read this. I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss. I hope the outpouring of love prayers and thoughts bring you some peace and comfort. Please take care of yourself.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for sharing that with us...we are here for you.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take all the alone time you need. Don't forget to eat, exercise. Nothing is "normal" right now, so taking care of yourself is priority #1.

We are here. Vent, cry, tell a story. We are here.

Hugs from a bling sister.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want you to know that we are thinking of you Pinto and sending you hugs. We all know how difficult the next few days will be for you. Please know many of us are checking here often in case you need to talk. Hugs Sweetie.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I keep finding myself on this post. I wish I could share my info with you, even just to text back and forth. Know that I've been thinking about you and you are in my prayers. Please keep coming back with whatever is on your mind. My fiance passed almost two years ago and I still have very rough days so I cannot imagine what you're going through right now. There is no wrong way to process this information and deal with your loss. We are all here for you, however you need us. ((Hugs))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, I could have written the first part of this post, word for word. I am so sorry you have had this happen. Life can really suck sometimes. My DH is the first person in the world who "really gets me" and I have lived in a state of anxiety since we have been married about what life would be like without him. I can't know what you are feeling, or going through, but I know that it must be overwhelmingly surreal. Like so many others, I am so saddened that I can't do more for you. I hope that it gives you some comfort to know how many here care about you.
Dear @siamese3 , do we share a brain? Because what you and pinto said is exactly how I feel. Word for word.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PB: Keep hanging in there.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love you, ame. I hope that PB listens to you and rainwood and allows her own feisty spirit to rule the day. It isn't her job to please anyone when she has just lost her husband!!!
Well, the hug/love one I thought I could use isn't available so there's these: :wavey::love: You're damn right that she doesn't need to please anyone, now or ever, but especially not now.

I went to bed after 1 and woke up to my mother calling me at 730 asking if I'm sleeping lol. That seemed to open the floodgates to more calls. I finally got to take a nap at 130 and will head over to my in laws for a little family time.
I remember when my husband was in the ICU a few years back and we were not sure if he would make it. I was finally asleep, at my parents house, and my mom came in to see if I was asleep finally, at maybe 6am (I probably needed to be awake anyway) and she was like 3 inches from my face and I about had a heart attack when I felt someone was in my face, then she's like "oh good I think you're awake." She almost got punched.

Perhaps moreso than any other time in your life, this is your time.
It absolutely is. To be fair, I'd be pretty damn annoyed if someone woke me up to ask me if I was asleep. I'd be like "do you need me to leave my phone on the charger and connected to you on facetime all night or something? Jesus." But then, I have no patience, and in this case, I would probably be the least patient version of myself. Of course I am also a big baby and hate staying in my house alone, so I'd be at my parents house already anyway. For good, most likely. (did I mention I am a big baby who is scared of her house?)

While I can appear social, it takes a lot out of me and I'm actually an introvert. I also don't let a lot of people in, but it can be easier over the Internet shielded behind a screen name.
My husband and I did everything together. Even when we were just friends, he was the one to drop everything and be there for me. I miss my other half. I am heart broken.
Believe it or not, I am like this as well. I know that doesn't seem likely being as much of a loudmouth smartass, but I generally trust NO ONE.

I am glad his family is with you, I hope that you have someone in your circle that you can count on, though.

Oh Pinto, I am so sorry. Is no one staying with you? I really hope that you have people to keep you company and just be there for support.

I lived in CT up until 1 year ago. I wish I were still there for no other reason than to come give you a big hug and sit with you eating/crying/in silence/whatever you need. There are just no words.
I guess that means you outside of a reasonable driving distance, but if I was, I would be that weird internet freak that shows up with Gooey Butter Cake and Red Hot Riplets in hand who you've seen put makeup on and go through her trash. Calories and carbs don't count, right? But yknow, they ship easily ;-) I just PMd you on Insta this same message btw.

elle

Shiny_Rock
My deepest Condolences. So, so sorry, PintoBean. My heart & prayers go out to you. x

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Sending you some love and kitty hugs.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BIL came by impromptu and just in time. Bad dehydration (dark urine), and pounding heart probably exacerbated by the cough medicine I've been taking. After some initial hydration I'm down from heart rate of 110 to 90 something. I am having a hard time eating. Had half a croissant around 130. Just having a quarter of a bagel now with butter.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BIL came by impromptu and just in time. Bad dehydration (dark urine), and pounding heart probably exacerbated by the cough medicine I've been taking. After some initial hydration I'm down from heart rate of 110 to 90 something. I am having a hard time eating. Had half a croissant around 130. Just having a quarter of a bagel now with butter.

Just take it one small step at a time. Eating is important (even when unappetizing ). Try to keep a bottle of water around you. On a bedside table too. You've got take care of yourself. I'm glad your family is around for you. They are your best support system and can understand more that most how you're feeling. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean, I am so sorry to hear this news and I hate that you are going through this. Please know that we are all hear to listen and offer any kind of support we can. Keep hugging your kitties.

p.s. I am really glad I got to meet you at the Chicago GTG.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Words can't express how I feel for you. My heart goes out to you; you're living my worst nightmare and I'm sure it's a completely surreal and numb time for you. Just know I join others in putting positive thoughts to the universe for you .

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you PB. Sending love (and the ability to eat and drink) your way...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No joke I've never been happier about having to go to the bathroom as I was earlier. That meant I was hydrated again. I almost passed out earlier - I had 2/3 signs - muffled hearing and queasy stomach. The last sign is the vision turning black. Dodged that bullet.

I asked to be taken to get a blow out so it's one last thing I need to worry about. I felt bad worrying the shampoo girl as tears streamed down my face. I explained to the stylist why I was upset and he asked if I wanted to talk or not so I opted for a little chatter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results