shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry it must have been a horrific shock to you and to his parents. If there is anything any of us can do for you both on and off the boards please let us know, we are all here for you.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pintobean, I am just seeing your post right now and I am shocked. I am so terribly sorry and my heart goes out to you (((hugs))).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am so sorry to hear that :{
thoughts and prayers outgoing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saying I'm sorry just doesn't begin to cover anything. I can only imagine the shock you must be feeling. I am glad you have reached out here and hope this will feel like a safe haven for you to talk out loud, vent, scream or cry. Like so many others, we wish we were close by you to comfort and yet I get how the words of those you don't know personally can sometimes be more comforting than their presence. Please use this as a place to voice your feelings and know that many hearts here grieve with you.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry for your loss.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean, I am filled with sorrow at your shocking and distressing news. You know your PS family is here for you to lean on in any way that you find helpful. My prayers are with you and yours.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not too long ago two police detectives came to tell me that my husband had a car accident and died on his way to work. It's slippery out and he took a bad turn and ended up deep in the woods.

My neighbors are with me. I called his dad Bc he's at home. I didn't call his mom Bc she's at work. I called my mom.

Since the police precinct is right by my husband's office i asked them to please inform his HR.

I can't talk about this in real life. I don't know who I should or shouldn't talk to bc I don't want to insult anyone by not notifying them first, so I only can take solace in anonymity.

PintoBean - so very very sorry.

No one will be insulted by you taking whatever time you need to absorb this loss. Don't worry about what others need - take care of you.

Lots of people are thinking of you and your family at this time. Take care.

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is shocking and sad. I am so sorry. Hugs from another anonymous well-wisher.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I woke up this morning to this and it's made me so sad, you're awesome PB and you do not deserve to have to go through this at all. Send me a message if you want to chat *hugs*

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, I am heartbroken for you. I cannot image the shock and loss you are dealing with at this time. Please know that I will have you in my prayers. We are your cyberspace family and love you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The in laws came over with milk for me and yogurt for my cats. Lolol. Staples!

The grandkids (my niece and nephew) playing with my social butterfly cat, Tin-Tin was a beautiful, pure, and innocent moment. We can literally call it Disney magic because they tried to see if Tin-Tin would be interested in Minnie Mouse lol.

I sent my in laws home with a suit. It's the blue version of the gray suit we got married in. My husband's socks are strewn around the house because Honda opens daddy's sock drawer and steals his socks.

Now I wouldn't be PB if I didn't have something off colour to say - what the f$&@ is widow bling supposed to look like?!?!?!:wall:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this. OMG, I am so sorry!!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too long ago two police detectives came to tell me that my husband had a car accident and died on his way to work. It's slippery out and he took a bad turn and ended up deep in the woods.

My neighbors are with me. I called his dad Bc he's at home. I didn't call his mom Bc she's at work. I called my mom.

Since the police precinct is right by my husband's office i asked them to please inform his HR.

I can't talk about this in real life. I don't know who I should or shouldn't talk to bc I don't want to insult anyone by not notifying them first, so I only can take solace in anonymity.

OMG pinto I have no words.

I am so so sorry. :blackeye:

There isn't an appropriate sad face that fits how I felt when I read your post.

I'm sorry. :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I wouldn't be PB if I didn't have something off colour to say - what the f$&@ is widow bling supposed to look like?!?!?!

I have good news! According to the traditions of eighteenth century England (and why not use them?), your new status as a widow gives you the ability to wear a little bit larger bling than you might have worn at your age had you merely been married.

Hugs,
Deb :read:

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
While we may not know each other, I want to let you know that my heart aches for you, and your family. I hope that you will someday find peace, and comfort. My thoughts, and deepest condolences are with you.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't post much but saw this on LT and wanted to offer my condolences. It's such a terrible thing. One of my favorite sayings is that even the worst day of your life is only 24 hours. Tomorrow may not be much better, but it won't last forever, and you have people who care even if they don't know you personally. And if thinking about jewelry is what helps you get through the next minute, as you joked about in your above post, then so be it. Off-color, on-color, whatever you need to say or do to get through... HUGS.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The in laws came over with milk for me and yogurt for my cats. Lolol. Staples!

The grandkids (my niece and nephew) playing with my social butterfly cat, Tin-Tin was a beautiful, pure, and innocent moment. We can literally call it Disney magic because they tried to see if Tin-Tin would be interested in Minnie Mouse lol.

I sent my in laws home with a suit. It's the blue version of the gray suit we got married in. My husband's socks are strewn around the house because Honda opens daddy's sock drawer and steals his socks.

Now I wouldn't be PB if I didn't have something off colour to say - what the f$&@ is widow bling supposed to look like?!?!?!:wall:
Try it all on Pinto and see what looks and feels appropriate. Which would your dear hubby choose? I would help you rearrange your jewelry box Pinto just get it straightened out and in order for the days to come. You might need to change your bling every day. (((Hug))). Or if you need us to sleuth for any pieces for you just let us know!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto Bean, I wish I had magic words that would make this easier for you. Please know we are all here and are thinking of you and sending lots of hugs your way. I hope having family near is helping you. Please know we will be here for you now and in the weeks and months ahead Sweetheart.

Just so you know sometimes a little bit of humor is the only thing that gets us thru the really hard times.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm all for you going to play with your bling if that is what you need. The reason I'm getting my ring redone with caysie is so I have something to look at while dealing with MIL's dementia, which is all on me alone.

We gotta do what we gotta do to survive it.

Wear your new studs

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh my god I'm so sorry. My only thought is that I'm sorry and hopefully no one shares your news on your behalf until you're ready.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, PB, all my love and hugs to you this very sad day! I am so sorry! :cry:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean said:
Now I wouldn't be PB if I didn't have something off colour to say - what the f$&@ is widow bling supposed to look like?!?!?!

I have good news! According to the traditions of eighteenth century England (and why not use them?), your new status as a widow gives you the ability to wear a little bit larger bling than you might have worn at your age had you merely been married.

Hugs,
Deb :read:

I love you Deb and PB!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, your humor makes me smile. Glad you have it and will be able to use it moving forward. You are a wonderful person, and as @AGBF said, maybe this gives you a good excuse to get even larger and more spectacular bling?? I'd love to help you organize or search for fun shiny stuff :) We all love you!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sad to read this PB- sending condolences from all of us.
I'm in agreement to wear whatever you want. Please take care of you.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, I've been thinking of you all day. I'm so devastated for you. It sounds like you've got some really great people in your life and children have a way of just making things feel lighter, don't they? Please take care of yourself and let your family, friends and neighbors help you.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am shocked and saddened to hear this news!
We all love you Pinto Bean.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When life is surreal, things which are familiar can provide a bit of solid ground.

Wear any or all of it, Pinto!

I hope there is someone to stay with you tonight. I mean in addition to your sweet furbabies.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry PintoBean. Big hugs to you; you and your family are in my thoughts.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Oh no. I'm so sorry. Worst nightmare. I understand some of the shock you are experiencing because there was a suicide in my immediate family (sibling) at the beginning of this year, and no one is prepared for a call like that. Not the same, and not trying to make it about me, but my heart went out to you, and my mind went back to those moments when it felt like my world literally split apart. And I know only a little of what you are feeling. Time froze for a long time. In a way, it will always be frozen. I'm so so sorry this happened to you and your husband. Glad you have a place to anonymously talk about it.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean; I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, & will include you & your family in my prayers. Please take care of yourself--sending big HUGS and strength.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results