shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m a two pair-of-shoes bride already. Is this a bad start?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Scarlet! I could totally picture myself in it on the Pacific Terrace...over looking the glorious ocean, as the sun starts to get lower in the early evening sky and create those hints of pink and orange..
Does anyone else have daydreams like this?
9.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Came back to post the pic of the new shoes
9.gif

Picture 422 [1024x768].jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock

Picture 423 [1024x768].jpg

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THOSE! They are definitely perfect. Love the pedi too!

I think someone else had these recently...forget which wedding thread though...

A little jealous over here!
30.gif
By the way, what are the called and WHERE did you get them??? Oy you guys are so feeding my Manolo frenzy!

squee

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh Missrocks, that dress is to die for, and looks AMAZING on you!
30.gif
If you don''t mind my asking, who is the designer? Those Manolos are also just beautiful! I think they''ll go perfectly with that gorgeous dress!
18.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful! Gorgeous.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful! Gorgeous.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlet~ They are called Prisca. I think Asscher_girl has them too, only I think hers are gold... And I got mine at Saks in San Francisco. I resisted the temptation while I was there on Saturday,.. but only held out for 12 hours before I caved and realized I MUST have them.
9.gif

Squee~Thanks for the dress comliments- Its Romona Keveza. I went to a trunk show recently, all the fabrics are super-soft and TDF!

And thanks Bee*!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it bad that I look at those and think that they are GORGEOUS little suicide devices? I cannot imagine being anywhere except indoors with REALLY safe flooring in them. And even then... I wouldn''t be able to wear a long dress with them... the thought of stepping on the dress... or something is just too high.

But then I''m a HUGE clutz. And I''ll live vicariously through you. I did think the other pair look sturdier though. LOL.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I saw shoes similar to your new Manolo''s at Saks, they didn''t have the tie straps and I wanted them then, but they didn''t fit. Now I could look into those.... I want them in red
face23.gif

Going back to your previous shoes, send them a picture and ask if they would take it back. Get their response in writting. It can''t hurt to try. Ask if you could email the picture to them.

Good luck.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy~ I''ve been properly trained to walk in said heels since I was nine. My grandmother wore stiletto shoes like this when she was 65...yes really. She trained me early on to walk in hers, and she is also where I got the "shopping" gene from. She is still shopping at 95. And was driving herself up until last year.
1.gif

And yes, the other pair was sturdier, but where''s the challenge in that?
31.gif

Gtn~ I talked with a manager in the shoe department and they seemed to think that it would be ok to return them. I am sending them today. Worst case, I''m out shipping. I probably would have never thought to do this, if it wasn''t for your vote of confidence! I''ll let you know how it goes and thank you!
BTW, red would be totally hot~

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Got you beat. I''m a 3pr bride!! Only wore one, and the other two did not make it back to Zappos! Now what the heck am I gonna do with 3 pairs of ivory satin beaded shoes??!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 1:55:02 AM
Author: Missrocks
Came back to post the pic of the new shoes
9.gif
Oooolala!! Beeeautiful!!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 2:26:42 PM
Gypsy~ I''ve been properly trained to walk in said heels since I was nine. My grandmother wore stiletto shoes like this when she was 65...yes really. She trained me early on to walk in hers, and she is also where I got the ''shopping'' gene from. She is still shopping at 95. And was driving herself up until last year.
1.gif

31.gif

And my grandmother taught be how to drink tea... wearing stilettos was something that i could have benefited from. My sister can''t feel her feet so she could were whatever she wants. She once had a cheap pair of shoes that had a nail going from the heel through the bottom and the point was visible when she took the shoes off. She never felt them and didn''t notice them until I told her. My feet just hurt looking at it.

Gtn~ I talked with a manager in the shoe department and they seemed to think that it would be ok to return them. I am sending them today. Worst case, I''m out shipping. I probably would have never thought to do this, if it wasn''t for your vote of confidence! I''ll let you know how it goes and thank you!

If I could bring down the cost of my dress... I could reroute the savings to my shoes. cross your fingers for me.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 4:08:42 PM
Author: gtn

Date: 3/6/2008 2:26:42 PM
Gypsy~ I''ve been properly trained to walk in said heels since I was nine. My grandmother wore stiletto shoes like this when she was 65...yes really. She trained me early on to walk in hers, and she is also where I got the ''shopping'' gene from. She is still shopping at 95. And was driving herself up until last year.
1.gif

31.gif

And my grandmother taught be how to drink tea... wearing stilettos was something that i could have benefited from. My sister can''t feel her feet so she could were whatever she wants. She once had a cheap pair of shoes that had a nail going from the heel through the bottom and the point was visible when she took the shoes off. She never felt them and didn''t notice them until I told her. My feet just hurt looking at it.

If I could bring down the cost of my dress... I could reroute the savings to my shoes. cross your fingers for me.
..that story about your sister...OUCH. I can sort of relate, because after all those years of doing ballet on pointe, my feet have limited feeling and I get that prickly numb feeling a lot. I usually wear my 4 inch heels to work and I am on my feet most of the day. When I really think that my feet are probably in excruciating pain, but I just can''t feel it!

I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Every girl deserves a nice pair of Manolos!
36.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 3:21:53 PM
Author: HollyS
Ha! Got you beat. I''m a 3pr bride!! Only wore one, and the other two did not make it back to Zappos! Now what the heck am I gonna do with 3 pairs of ivory satin beaded shoes??!!

I guess I don''t feel so bad. I heard five is record so far...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 7:53:27 PM
Date: 3/6/2008 3:21:53 PM

Author: HollyS
Ha! Got you beat. I'm a 3pr bride!! Only wore one, and the other two did not make it back to Zappos! Now what the heck am I gonna do with 3 pairs of ivory satin beaded shoes??!!

I guess I don't feel so bad. I heard five is record so far...

I'm so going to beat that...I'm not even engaged yet, and already looking for shoes. My problem is going to be finding a stunning pair of shoes and wanting them for the wedding and then finding another one, and another one...etc. BF better hurry up and propose because we have limited space in our closet, and if given the chance, I can fill it up really quickly. I plan on getting at least 6 pairs out of this "wedding" deal.

None will be Manolos though...
15.gif
because of $$$ but I might be able to swing these: pretty shoes

Ok. I have a shoe problem! I'm PLANNING on using the wedding as an excuse for getting more shoes?! Oy. I need therapy.
40.gif

ETA: I totally forgot to mention that I love both of the pairs of Manolos, but I think the second pair is really stunning and would go with your dress perfectly.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 1:46:19 AM
Author:Missrocks
I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one ''perfect'' dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

I got a pair of Manolo silver Sedaraby''s just two weeks ago. Already I changed my mind and am getting another pair of Manolo''s, a silver strappy sandal with round jewels across the toes. I decided the strappy style is more sexy and that''s the mood I am in, at least for this week.
31.gif

I only wore the Sedarby''s around the house, but I still ended up with small scuffs and water spots (must have stepped on a wet spot in the kitchen). I highly doubt the store will take them back. So now I am listing them for sale. So sad to see them go, but can''t justify to FI keeping them.
8.gif
Especially after I was making a big deal to FI about us needing to really make every last penny count to meet our saving requirements for the perfect wedding.

What size and heel height did you get them in? My FI is looking for them in a 35, with the 105mm heel... The only place i even see that style is on eBay for $899, which stinks since its a $650 shoe. boo.

Where''d you a find them? Thanks!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Love the new shoes, and sorry to hear you have to give up the lovely d''orsays! Love the dress too!

Btw, you got me looking at the Romona Keveza site and I saw a dress on there that''s TDF! Ack, I''m not supposed to be looking at more dresses I already bought one!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 6:24:47 PM
Author: sna77

Date: 3/4/2008 1:46:19 AM
Author:Missrocks
I always thought I was one of those people who knew exactly what I wanted. I thought, I will never be a two or three dress bride, when I saw the thread posted on here. Now I am starting to doubt myself. How do you really know when the dress is the one? I think it is very possible to have more than one ''perfect'' dress. I am definetly going to have to cut myself off from even looking after I make the dress purchase to avoid temptation.
11.gif

I got a pair of Manolo silver Sedaraby''s just two weeks ago. Already I changed my mind and am getting another pair of Manolo''s, a silver strappy sandal with round jewels across the toes. I decided the strappy style is more sexy and that''s the mood I am in, at least for this week.
31.gif

I only wore the Sedarby''s around the house, but I still ended up with small scuffs and water spots (must have stepped on a wet spot in the kitchen). I highly doubt the store will take them back. So now I am listing them for sale. So sad to see them go, but can''t justify to FI keeping them.
8.gif
Especially after I was making a big deal to FI about us needing to really make every last penny count to meet our saving requirements for the perfect wedding.

What size and heel height did you get them in? My FI is looking for them in a 35, with the 105mm heel... The only place i even see that style is on eBay for $899, which stinks since its a $650 shoe. boo.

Where''d you a find them? Thanks!
Got the Sedaraby''s at Bergdorf Goodman NY. If they don''t have them, when I was in Saks (in San Francisco) I saw that they had one pair of the silver Sedarby left and I think it was a 35! Mine were the taller traditional Manolo heel. Bergdorf Goodman said they had an exclusive on the shorter (90mm?) heel. Good luck! Yes, those Ebay prices stink!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 9:23:14 PM
Author: violet02
Love the new shoes, and sorry to hear you have to give up the lovely d'orsays! Love the dress too!

Btw, you got me looking at the Romona Keveza site and I saw a dress on there that's TDF! Ack, I'm not supposed to be looking at more dresses I already bought one!
Thanks Violet!

Which Romona were you looking at? I just love their fabrics! If you did end up changing your mind, it wouldn't be the first story of a two dress bride.
2.gif

Let me tell you my bad little secret...I have been eyeing a pair of Christian Louboutin crystal studded sandals and if I happen to come across them for a slightly less than retail price (since they are twice the price of the Manolos
23.gif
), I may end up being a three pair of shoes bride
11.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:11:12 PM

Love the new shoes, and sorry to hear you have to give up the lovely d''orsays! Love the dress too!

Btw, you got me looking at the Romona Keveza site and I saw a dress on there that''s TDF! Ack, I''m not supposed to be looking at more dresses I already bought one!
Thanks Violet!

Which Romona were you looking at? I just love their fabrics! If you did end up changing your mind, it wouldn''t be the first story of a two dress bride.
2.gif

Let me tell you my bad little secret...I have been eyeing a pair of Christian Louboutin crystal studded sandals and if I happen to come across them for a slightly less than retail price (since they are twice the price of the Manolos
23.gif
11.gif

Okay. To answer your original thread title.

YES. ROFLMAO.
9.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:32:26 PM
Author: Gypsy

Thanks Violet!

Which Romona were you looking at? I just love their fabrics! If you did end up changing your mind, it wouldn''t be the first story of a two dress bride.
2.gif

23.gif
11.gif

Okay. To answer your original thread title.

YES. ROFLMAO.
9.gif
Yes, agreed, it may be a bad start. But then a saw the "six pair of shoe bride" post below me and felt more justified.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know... I was expecting you too bring that up.
face20.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
12.gif

Date: 3/25/2008 12:03:52 AM
Author: Gypsy
You know... I was expecting you too bring that up.
face20.gif
Oh ....I did...and I will again! To my FI this time.
9.gif

Makes me look like a saint.
12.gif

And if I do happen to change my mind a few times on the dress, there is always the story of the three, four, five dress bride on PS..right?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know Harleigh still hasn''t confessed as to how many dresses she''s had...
31.gif

Just teasin''! I''m just glad she''s finally found something she loves!

violet02

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Violet!

2.gif

23.gif
11.gif
I''m not allowed to be a two dress bride when dress one is in the ''$$$$'' price range. Luckily I saw the RK dress on the knot and the price was listed as ''$$$$$''. As long as it''s way above my budget I feel better, heh. The dress I was looking at was the the ''e380''. For some reason I love the sweetheart neckline and crazy giant bow thing. I''m sure it''s way too poofy and the bow is way too much for someone like me. But it looks awesome! (I''m just doing my best to stop ogling dresses and talk myself out of not liking mine for any reason).

e830.jpg

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 4:58:41 AM

Thanks Violet!

2.gif

23.gif
11.gif
I''m not allowed to be a two dress bride when dress one is in the ''$$$$'' price range. Luckily I saw the RK dress on the knot and the price was listed as ''$$$$$''. As long as it''s way above my budget I feel better, heh. The dress I was looking at was the the ''e380''. For some reason I love the sweetheart neckline and crazy giant bow thing. I''m sure it''s way too poofy and the bow is way too much for someone like me. But it looks awesome! (I''m just doing my best to stop ogling dresses and talk myself out of not liking mine for any reason).
Violet,

I actually tried on that dress at the last trunk show and it looked amazing on! The sales lady said it was super flattering on and she was right. But it was too heavy of material for my tastes. Not too poofy though.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 12:35:55 PM

Date: 3/25/2008 4:58:41 AM

Love the new shoes, and sorry to hear you have to give up the lovely d'orsays! Love the dress too!

Btw, you got me looking at the Romona Keveza site and I saw a dress on there that's TDF! Ack, I'm not supposed to be looking at more dresses I already bought one!
Thanks Violet!

Which Romona were you looking at? I just love their fabrics! If you did end up changing your mind, it wouldn't be the first story of a two dress bride.
2.gif

23.gif
11.gif
I'm not allowed to be a two dress bride when dress one is in the '$$$$' price range. Luckily I saw the RK dress on the knot and the price was listed as '$$$$$'. As long as it's way above my budget I feel better, heh. The dress I was looking at was the the 'e380'. For some reason I love the sweetheart neckline and crazy giant bow thing. I'm sure it's way too poofy and the bow is way too much for someone like me. But it looks awesome! (I'm just doing my best to stop ogling dresses and talk myself out of not liking mine for any reason).
Violet,

I actually tried on that dress at the last trunk show and it looked amazing on! The sales lady said it was super flattering on and she was right. But it was too heavy of material for my tastes. Not too poofy though.
That side strap didn't limit your movement at all? You know there's another trunk sale at Alexandra's this weekend... I assume that's where you tried on RK dresses?

Not to threadjack but how much was it? I'm SO curious to know the actual price versus the $$$$$ price.

The heavy fabric wouldn't work on my outdoor daytime wedding. It's a gorgeous dress though.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2008 10:09:11 PM

Got the Sedaraby''s at Bergdorf Goodman NY. If they don''t have them, when I was in Saks (in San Francisco) I saw that they had one pair of the silver Sedarby left and I think it was a 35! Mine were the taller traditional Manolo heel. Bergdorf Goodman said they had an exclusive on the shorter (90mm?) heel. Good luck! Yes, those Ebay prices stink!

Found the 35 Sedarby''s at Saks in Boston... they were the 9 mm ones though (apparently Bergdorf got the same ones as Saks). My 5'' FI needs the 105mm though.. the only place I knew that carried them was the Blahnik boutique, which is of course of of them... and eBay...

Any more suggestions for the FI? She said shes just going to wear her silver Jimmy Choos (strappy sandals if she cant find anyything else...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results